Designed to serve the combined interests of the adventure photographer and winter sports enthusiast the MindShift BackLight Elite 45L Storm Grey provides 45 liters of available space with ample room for both camera gear and adventure equipment. Get deeper into the backcountry with the BackLight Elite 45L backpack.
Weather-resistant zippers and materials protect your gear when trekking in the elements. And like the other BackLight backpacks, rear-panel access adds security when traveling since your camera gear is protected behind your back.
Along the front and sides of this backpack, multiple compression straps and gear loops allow skis, a snowboard, snowshoes, or other outdoor mountain equipment such as an ice axe, rope, or hiking poles to be conveniently harnessed and carried.
Inside, the spacious main compartment accommodates an included camera equipment pouch. The equipment pouch and its ten padded, touch-tab dividers can hold a two-DSLR camera kit with three prime lenses along with a 16-35mm, a 24-70mm, and a 70-200mm zoom lens.
Alternatively, the equipment pouch can be configured for a multimedia kit with two mirrorless cameras, three zoom lenses, a prime lens, and a small drone. For users of ultra-telephoto optics, even when the equipment pouch is dedicated to a 600mm lens and a DSLR, additional capacity remains for a second camera, a 70-200mm zoom lens, or other accessories.
- Storm proof construction with YKK® AquaGuard® zippers and waterproof/tearproof Sailcloth
- Superior Fit: Robust lumbar padding, hip-hugging waist belt, quick-dry back panel, and foam ridges for increased ventilation
- Back and top panel access to all of your camera gear, allowing you to work out of your bag without getting your harness dirty or wet
A versatile, multiuse backpack that can serve the combined interests of the adventure photographer and winter sports enthusiast. Multiple heavy-duty compression straps and gear loops allow skis, a snowboard, snowshoes, or other outdoor mountain equipment such as an ice axe or hiking poles to be conveniently harnessed and carried. A tuck-away cup can support the base of a tripod or monopod strapped along the front of the backpack.
Sample gear packs:
- Nikon D3S attached to 70–200mm f/2.8, SB-910 Speedlight, 105mm f/2.8 Macro, Sigma 35mm f/1.4 ART, 50 f/1.4, Filter Nest Mini, 24–70mm f/2.8, 14–24mm f/2.8
- Canon 1DX attached to 70–200mm f/2.8, GoPro Hero 5, DJI Mavic Pro, Mavic Controller, 24–70mm f/2.8, 16–35mm f/2.8, 90mm f/2.8 TS-E
- Sony A7R II attached to 24–70mm f/2.8 GM, GoPro Hero 5, DJI Mavic Pro, Mavic Controller, Filter Nest Mini, A7R II attached to 16–35mm f/4, 70–200mm f/2.8 GM, 90mm f/2.8 Macro
- Holds a gripped Nikon DSLR and a 600mm f/4 FL ED VR
- Canon 1DX attached to 24–70mm f/2.8, GoPro Hero 5, 85mm f/1.8, 90mm f/2.8 TS-E, 1DX attached to 16–35mm f/2.8, 70–200mm f/2.8, 2x Teleconverter
- Nikon D3S attached to Sigma 150–600mm f/5-6.3 Sport, SB-910 Speedlight, Filter Nest Mini, GoPro Hero 5, 24–70mm f/2.8, 14–24mm f/2.8
- Maximum lens size: 600mm unattached
Featuring a removable equipment pouch which comes with ten padded, touch-tab dividers can hold and organize a two-DSLR camera kit with three prime lenses along with a 16-35mm, a 24-70mm, and a 70-200mm zoom lens. Alternatively, this pouch can be configured for a multimedia kit with two mirrorless cameras, three zoom lenses, a prime lens, and a small drone. Or it can be dedicated to a 600mm lens and a DSLR with additional capacity for a second camera, a 70-200mm zoom lens, or other accessories.
Complete access to the equipment pouch is provided by a rear-facing zippered panel with a 180° downward opening, while an additional zippered opening allows items closest to the backpack's top to be reached. Three touch tab fasteners along the interior of the BackLight Elite 45L allow the equipment pouch to be securely mounted when it is placed inside the backpack. The equipment pouch is then prevented from shifting and can be made to have its own top and rear-facing zippered openings aligned with the backpack openings for seamless accessibility to the cameras and lenses inside.
- To quickly convert the BackLight Elite 45L into a storage and transport solution for items other than cameras and lenses, the equipment pouch can be zippered shut and removed from the backpack's main compartment. Though designed to be used within the BackLight Elite 45L, the equipment pouch features durable polyester and nylon construction, a top handle, and its own adjustable backpack straps to serve as a practical carry solution when needed.
Along the rear and top opening of the backpack are two zippered, mesh organizer pockets which can be used to hold hard drives, portable batteries, camera filters, or small electronics.
The removable top lid features a zippered pocket that faces the back of the wearer, which allows its contents to be reached without having to remove the backpack. While zippered pockets along both sides of the backpack's waist belt provide secure on-the-go storage, and a zippered pocket along the front panel can hold additional photo accessories.
Stretchable pockets on either side of the backpack can each hold and secure a water bottle, while a zippered gusset pocket between the front panel pocket and the main compartment expands to accommodate up to 17L of gear that can include survival essentials or additional items for a mobile photo studio. The gusset pocket section closest the wearer's back is designed to hold either a 17" laptop or a hydration pack and includes an exit for a sip tube. The pocket's middle section can secure a 10" tablet computer or personal items with its touch-tab retention flap. The section of the gusset pocket closest to the front panel is suitable for packable clothing, gloves, a hat, or a towel
Handling and Fit
For side trips or destinations that do not require the full capacity of the BackLight Elite 45L, its top lid and waist belt can be removed and combined to form a compact daypack that rests comfortably against the wearer's hips and lower back.
When fully assembled, the BackLight Elite 45L can be lifted via its built-in haul handle, and carried by its adjustable, padded shoulder straps. The backpack's waist belt then serves to transfer weight away from the shoulders to the hips for additional comfort, while the sternum strap further limits unintentional shifting around the wearer. Featuring durable nylon construction, the BackLight Elite 45L is built to be weather resistant and includes a seam-sealed cover for use under heavy rain.
- Can be lifted using its haul handle and carried by its adjustable padded shoulder straps
- Adjustable sternum strap and padded waist belt help evenly distribute weight
- Padded back panel provides lumbar support
- Access to the main compartment is provided by a front-facing zippered panel with a 180° downward opening
- Three, interior touch tab fasteners allow the removable equipment pouch to be securely mounted within the backpack with its own zippered openings aligned with the backpack's openings for seamless accessibility to the cameras and lenses inside
- When the equipment pouch is removed, its durable polyester and nylon construction, top handle, and own adjustable backpack straps allows it to serve as a practical carry solution when needed while the backpack is used to store or transport items other than cameras or lenses
- Top lid and waist belt can be removed and combined to form a compact daypack that rests comfortably against the wearer's hips and lower back
- T-shaped pulls on zippers can be can be easily gripped in wet or cold weather and when adjacent, two T-shaped pulls can be looped together, further securing the backpack's contents
- Durable weather-resistant nylon construction
- Waterproof bottom panel
- Seam-sealed cover for use under heavy rain
- Compatible with separately available MindShift Gear Tripod Suspension Kit, as well as Filter Nest, Filter Hive, and Lens Switch cases
- MPN - MS366
- GTIN - TBA
|Features||Accessory Loops, Adjustable Interior Dividers, Hydration Bladder Compatible, Laptop Compartment, Removable Interior Dividers, Tablet Pocket, Tripod Holder|
|Carrying/Transport Options||Attachment Loop, Backpack Straps, Sternum Strap, Waist Belt|
|Camera Support Strap||Optional|
|Compartment Dimensions||11.4 x 19.3 x 6.8" / 29.0 x 49.0 x 17.3 cm|
|Laptop Compartment Screen Size||17.0"|
|Laptop/Tablet Compartment Dimensions||11.2 x 16.1 x 1.0" / 28.5 x 41.0 x 2.5 cm
10.6 x 10.2 x 0.6" / 27.0 x 26.0 x 1.5 cm
|Exterior Dimensions||12.99 x 23.5 x 7.99" / 33 x 59.7 x 20.3 cm|
|Exterior Material||Foam, Nylon, Polyurethane, Tarpaulin|
|Type of Closure||Zipper|
|Water Resistance||Rain Cover, Water-Resistant Material|
|Interior Material||Foam, Nylon, Polyester, Polyethylene|
|Maximum Volume||11.89 gal / 45 L|
|Weight||3.97 lb / 1.8 kg (Empty)
7.05 lb / 3.2 kg (Including Parts)
|Package Weight||8.35 lb|
|Box Dimensions (LxWxH)||24.7 x 15.4 x 11.7"|