The Hoya 72mm R72 Infrared Filter is a specialized filter used for infrared photography with digital cameras and specialized infrared film. This nearly opaque filter blocks all visible light up to 720nm, enabling recording of subject matter and scenes that are not visible under normal conditions. Due to the nature of infrared photography, the filter factor for this filter is highly variable and depends largely on the ISO sensitivity in use and lighting conditions.
This filter is constructed from high-quality optical glass and is set in an aluminium filter ring to provide increased rigidity and prevention from filter jamming.
Key Featuring of the Hoya 72mm R72 Infrared Filter
- Used for infrared photography applications with digital cameras and specialized IR film.
- Blocks all visible light up to 720nm for photographing subjects and details that are not normally visible.
- Variable filter factor depending on ISO sensitivity and lighting conditions.
- Can be paired with coloured black and white contrast filters to change the coloured or contrast effects with this filter.
- MPN - C643072
- GTIN - 024066015488
|Filter Type||Hoya R72 (88A) Infrared|
|Transmission Range||Above 720 nm|
|Circular Size||72 mm Filter Thread|
|Front Accessory Thread / Bayonet||72 mm|
- Hoya 72mm R72 Infrared Filter
- Plastic Storage Case