The Sigma FP Digital Camera packs high-end specs for both sills and video in an extremely compact body. Sporting a full frame 24MP BSI Bayer CMOS sensor, 14-bit colour depth in DNG format (stills) and electronic image stabilisation, the fp and its fully electronic shutter provide a maximum resolution for raw and JPEG files of 6000 x 4000 and a shooting rate of 18 fps, while its focus system employs contrast detection and a 49-point selection mode for AF measurement distance, as well as face detection, eye detection, and focus peaking.
A base sensitivity of ISO 100-25600 can be expanded to ISO 6-102400, and its video recording capabilities allow for UHD 4K recording at up to 25p, while Full HD recording can be captured at up to 100p. For raw video data, 12-bit CinemaDNG external recording is supported.
Key Features of the Sigma FP Digital Camera
- 24.6MP Full-Frame BSI Bayer CMOS Sensor
- Electronic Shutter & L Lens Mount
- 49-Point AF System
- UHD 4K25p Video with 12-Bit CinemaDNG
- 3.15" 2.1m-Dot Touchscreen LCD
- Electronic Image Stabilization System
- 18 fps Shooting, ISO 102400
- UHS-II SDXC Memory Card Slot
- Dust- and Splash-Proof
- USB 3.1 Gen 1 Type-C & Micro-HDMI 1.4
- Equipped with a back-illuminated 35mm full-frame Bayer sensor with 24.6 effective megapixels, the SIGMA fp is capable of taking high-resolution still and moving images.
- Fill Light has now been incorporated into the SIGMA fp. This function allows adjustment of the brightness of an image by adding extra light into the shadow regions without altering the exposure of highlight regions. Providing greater control in producing an image with greater details in hard to control areas.
- Tone Control menu with a manual setting option in addition to two auto options allowing users to adjust the tone curve by themselves.
- The SIGMA fp is the first SIGMA camera to come with an "effect" slider in its colour mode menu to set the strength of an effect. 11 levels, from -5 to +5, enable the fine-tuning of the colour mode.
- Newly introduced "TONE" and "COLOR" buttons allow for quick access to the tone control and colour mode menus.
- HDR shooting mode taking advantage of an electronic shutter to take multiple pictures of different exposures at once, which can then be merged into a single picture or video with a great dynamic range that could not have been achieved in normal shooting.
Supports Cinema DNG RAW video data recording
Aside from professional cinema cameras, the SIGMA fp is the first interchangeable-lens mirrorless type digital camera that supports external recording in 12-bit CinemaDNG format. With up to 4K UHD/25fps recording, it produces video data that can be used even in filmmaking.
It also supports All-I (All-Intra) recording, which makes it possible to maintain high image quality while reducing file size, allowing light data available for recording and editing. The record format that best suits the purpose of the video can be selected.
* The feature of playing CinemaDNG footages in-camera will be available via firmware update scheduled at a later date.
Supports time code
In the Cine mode, the SIGMA fp supports time code recording, which is useful in video editing. It offers either “Free Run” or “Rec Run,” and also switch between “Drop frame (DF)” and “Non-drop frame (NDF),” which allows the camera to send time code via HDMI output.
The SIGMA fp has a director's viewfinder function that allows the user to simulate different angles of view and how an image looks, on cinema cameras. It supports cameras by major manufacturers commonly used, including not only the latest large format cameras such as ARRI ALEXA LF and RED MONSTRO 8K but also film-based cameras and anamorphic lenses.
Note: The feature of recording/playing video with the director's viewfinder function enabled is to become available via firmware update scheduled at a later date.Supported Cinema cameras:
- [ARRI]: ARRICAM/ARRIFLEX, ALEXA LF/ALEXA Mini LF, ALEXA SXT, ALEXA Mini, AMIRA, ALEXA 65, ALEXA XT
- [SONY]: VENIC
- [RED]: MONSTRO 8K, HELIUM 8K, DRAGON 6K, EPIC MX 5K, GEMINI 5K
Seamless transition between Still and Cine modes with optimized UI
Preserving the distinctive “feel” of SIGMA cameras' dials and QS (Quick Set) buttons, the SIGMA fp has a specially designed operation system and displays for each of the Still and Cine modes. At the flick of a switch, it can move back and forth between the two modes. This presents a new shooting experience that goes beyond the boundaries of traditional cameras that are designed either for stills or videos.
CINE Mode | Key Features:
- Supports 12-bit Cinema DNG | The SIGMA fp can record raw video at UHD/24fps in a 12-bit format, and UHD/30, 25, or 14 fps in a 10- or 8-bit format.
- Dynamic range of 12.5 stops | With a dynamic range of 12.5 stops, the SIGMA fp enables video shooting with a great dynamic range in CinemaDNG.
- Supports UHD 4K/24, 25 & 30 fps | Capable of shooting UHD 4K (3840 × 2160) videos at 24, 25 or 30 fps.
- Supports FHD/60 & 120 fps | Capable of shooting high-speed FHD (1920 × 1080) video at max.120 fps.
- Supports ALL-I recording | Supports All-I (All-Intra) recording which helps make data smaller in size and easier to edit at the same time.
Focus peaking + Zebra
The focus peaking function highlights the edges of the parts of the scene that are in focus in a colour (of the choice from among 4 colours). It quickly identifies which parts of the subject are in focus.
The SIGMA fp also sports a zebra pattern display, which shows areas of the image that are of specified brightness levels in stripes. This helps to check for overblown highlights and adjust exposure accordingly.
Shutter angle display & Waveform display
The SIGMA fp can display the shutter speed in shutter angle format, a feature commonly found on professional cinema cameras. Another professional monitoring feature found in the Sigma fp is the inclusion of a waveform display for visualising the exposure of a scene in a numerical manner based on the signal information.
Teal & Orange
One color grade style that has been widely used in Hollywood films has inspired a new color mode introduced in the SIGMA fp, called “Teal and Orange.” This new colour mode is about creating high contrast between orange colors, which are found in human skin tones, and teals (cyan blue), which are their complement, for visuals that are highly vibrant and deeply dramatic. It can be used in both the Still mode and Cine mode.
Cine Accessories and Compatibility
In addition to genuine accessories designed exclusively for the SIGMA fp, the camera supports cinema camera-like user interfaces. It has solid compatibility that makes it a perfect camera that fits right into filmmaking settings.
- Supports UVC (USB Video Class)* | By simply connecting it to a PC via USB, the SIGMA fp can be used as a webcam. It is capable of recording audio while shooting a video. It will bring a full-frame camera quality to live streaming.
- Supports external SSD recording | With a built-in USB host inside the camera, the SIGMA fp supports high-speed recording to external SSDs.
- Supports ATOMOS Open Protocol | The SIGMA fp supports the ATOMOS open protocol, with which allows the user to start or pause recording on an external recorder, directly on the camera’s side.
* The camera menu setting for connecting to UVC devices is to become available via firmware update scheduled at a later date.
STILL Mode | Key Features:
- Enhanced ISO / Auto ISO | The SIGMA fp's native ISO settings range between 100 and 25600. With the enhanced ISO settings, an even larger choice of sensitivity with ISO 6, 12, 25, 50, 51200 and 102400 is available.
- 14-bit DNG format | The SIGMA fp can record lossless compressed 14-bit RAW (DNG) files for still photography. DNG files can be edited on SIGMA Photo Pro and a number of other DNG-compatible image development software. It can also shoot in RAW+JPEG simultaneously.
- No low-pass filter | Because the SIGMA fp does not have a low-pass filter, it is able to capture images without losing the resolution of the sensor.
- Multi-aspect + APS-C Crop | The SIGMA fp has a wide range of aspect ratios to choose from. With the newly introduced “A size” mode, it shoots in √2:1, which is the A size standards.
Aspect ratios available: [21:9] / [16:9] / [3:2] / [A size (√2:1)] / [4:3] / [7:6] / [1:1]
Face/Eye Detection AF
The Face/Eye Detection AF function allows the SIGMA fp to focus automatically on the eyes of a human subject. It can bring the eyes of the model into focus instantly and precisely, even when shooting portraits using a large-diameter lens with a shallow depth of field.
Full-time electronic shutter
The SIGMA fp employs a full-time electronic shutter, enabling to shoot virtually without sound, and no camera shake due to shutter shock. Even when shooting in quick succession at a frame rate of 18 frames/sec., it eliminates the tiniest of shakes.
Furthermore, the absence of a mechanical shutter makes the SIGMA fp's camera structure simpler, which in turn improves its reliability as a camera.
The SIGMA fp employs high-precision contrast AF, available in three modes: Single AF, Continuous AF, and Manual Focus. There are 49 AF points to choose from, as well as Free Movement mode, and tracking AF modes.
The SIGMA fp is capable of taking pictures at shutter speeds of up to 1/8,000 sec.
The SIGMA fp detects and controls image flickering, a phenomenon that can occur when shooting with artificial light sources.
Has an automatic bracketing function with settings for ±3 EV.
Electronic image stabilization
The Sigma fp incorporates an electronic image stabilization (EIS) function. By taking advantage of the electronic shutter, it is capable of instantaneously taking three frames, comparing them, and creating a composite image into a still image or video with minimum blur.
SIGMA fp comes with a feature to make "Cinemagraphs", which are animated GIFs that are a hybrid between still photography and video. With this function, the SIGMA fp is capable of creating unique imagery, where parts of a still image keep moving, in-camera.
Note: The Cinemagraph function will be available via firmware update at a later date.
The 3.15-inch (3:2) liquid-crystal display is complete with a touch screen, for intuitive operation.
Large heat sink
Designed and inspired by those used on professional cinema cameras, a large-size heat sink is mounted between the LCD and camera body. Combined with a heat dissipation coating applied to the outer surface, the SIGMA fp achieves highly effective heat dissipation. It prevents overheating at high temperatures or in long hours of use.
Robust & lightweight aluminium body
A body covered with die-cast aluminum on the front and the back ensures superior robustness and heat dissipation while keeping the bodyweight light.
Dust- & splash-proof structure
The SIGMA fp is protected with the dust- and splash-proof sealing on a total of 42 points over the camera body. When combined with a dust- and splash-proof lens, the SIGMA fp is capable of shooting in rain, sandstorms, and other challenging conditions.
Same screw threads for both strap fittings and tripod
The SIGMA fp is fitted with 1/4-inch threads for both the strap holder on either side of the body and a tripod. This provides greater freedom in how one uses the camera, from mounting it on a tripod in portrait orientation with the fixing removed, to attaching a strap for use in portrait orientation after screwing the fixing into the hole on the base.
External power supply
By using a DC connector (CN-21) (sold separately), the SIGMA fp can be powered from an AC power adaptor or a V-mount battery plate.
L-mount at digiDirect
digiDirect is your one-stop shop for all the best camera equipment and accessories. Stocking an extensive range of options from mirrorless digital cameras to compatible lenses, we make sure that we have all the latest models at the very best prices. With fast shipping anywhere in Australia and all the best brands, we have everything you need to take the best photos and videos.
Buy Sigma FP Digital Camera Australia with Sigma Australia Warranty from digiDirect
All our Sigma products come with Sigma Australia Warranty.
Buy with confidence from a reputable seller. digiDirect does not sell grey-import or grey-market stock. For more on our warranty policy please see digiDirect FAQ Warranty
- MPN - C43900
- GTIN - 0085126937300
|Type||Interchangeable-lens Mirrorless Type Digital Camera|
|Storage Media||SD / SDHC / SDXC memory card(UHS-Ⅱ supported) / Portable SSD (USB 3.0 connection, USB bus power supported)|
|Type||35mm full-frame (35.9mm x 23.10mm) Back-illuminated Bayer CMOS sensor|
|Camera effective pixels / Total pixels||Approx. 24. 6MP / Approx. 25.3MP|
|Color, filter System||RGB Primary color filter|
|Still Image File Format||Lossless compression RAW(DNG) data12/14 bit, JPEG(Exif2.3), RAW(DNG)+JPEG:recording is possible|
|Image aspect ratio||[21:9] / [16:9] / [3:2] / [A Size (√2:1)] / [4:3] / [7:6] / [1:1]|
*In DC Crop Mode
[A Size (√2:1)]
|Crop||Equivalent to approx.1.5times the focal length of the lens (on 35mm cameras)|
|Color Space||sRGB / Adobe RGB|
Movie Recording Format [Camera Internal Record]
|Movie Format||CinemaDNG（8bit / 10bit/ 12bit） / MOV：H.264 (ALL-I/ GOP)|
|Audio Format||Linear PCM (2ch 48kHz/16bit)|
|Recording Pixels / Frame Rate||3,840×2,160 (UHD 4K) / 23.98p, 25p, 29.97p, FHD(1,920x1,080) / 23.98p, 25p, 29.97p, 59.94p, 100p, 119.88p|
|Continuous recording time||Up to 2h|
|Cinema DNG recording media limits||SD card ：UHS-II UHD 8bit under 25fps, FHD 12bit under 60fps Portable SSD ： UHD 12bit 24fps, FHD 12bit under 60fps, FHD 8bit under 120fps|
Movie Recording Format [HDMI External Output]
|Movie Format||HDMI Loop out “External recorder record: ATOMOS Ninja Inferno, Blackmagic Video Assist 4K supported|
|Audio Format||Linear PCM (2ch 48kHz/16bit)|
|File Size / Frame Rate||3,840×2,160 (UHD 4K) / 4:2:2 8bit 29.97p / 25p / 23.98p
1,920x1,080 (FHD) / 4:2:2 8bit 119.88p / 100p / 59.94p / 50p / 29.97p / 25p / 23.98p
|Auto Format / Focus Mode||Contrast detection system, Single AF, Continuous AF (with moving object prediction function), Manual Focus|
|AF Measurement DistanceDetecton Range / AF mode||-5EV～18EV(F1.4：ISO100) / Auto, 49-points selection mode, Free Movement mode, Face/Eye Detection AF mode, Tracking AF mode|
|AF Lock||Half-press the shutter button, or press the AEL button (setting change required）|
|Other Focus Functions||AF+MF, MF Assist, MF Guide, Focus Peaking, Release Focus Function, AF-ON, Quick AF, Pre-AF, AF during Image Magnification|
|Metering System||Evaluative, Spot, Center Weighted Average|
|Metering Range||-5～18EV (50mm F1.4: ISO100)|
|Still Image Shooting Mode||(P) Program AE (Program Shift is possible), (S) Shutter Speed Priority AE, (A) Aperture Priority AE, (M) Manual|
|Movie Shooting Mode||(P) Program AE, (S) Shutter Speed Priority AE, (A) Aperture Priority AE, (M) Manual|
|ISO Sensitivity||ISO 100-25600, Expanded sensitivity ISO 6, 12, 25, 50, 51200, 102400|
|Exposure Compensation||±5EV (in 1/3-stop increments) : ±3EV at movie recording|
|AE Lock||Half-press the shutter button, or press the AEL button (setting change required).|
|Exposure Bracket||3-frame/5-frame stage exposure 3EV (1/3 Step, Standard→Underexposure→Overexposure) (Sequence changeable)|
Image Stabilization System
|Image Stabilization System||Electronic system|
( Auto, Auto[Lighting Source Priority], Daylight, Shade, Overcast, Incandescent, Fluorescent, Flash, Color Temperature, Custom 1, Custom 2, Custom 3 )
|Shutter Type||Electronic shutter|
|Shutter Speed||30 - 1/8,000sec., Bulb (5 minutes max)|
|Drive Modes||Single shooting, Continuous shooting（H：approx. 18shots/sec、 M：approx. 5shots/sec、L：approx. 3shots/sec）, Self-timer (2sec. / 10sec.), Interval-timer|
|Maximum number of shots||HIGH: 12frame, MED: 12frame, LOW: 24frame|
|Type / Coverage||TFT color LCD monitor Aspect Ratio 3:2, 3.15, Approx. 2,100,000 dots / Electrostatic capacitance system touch panel / Approx. 100%|
Flash (when to use external flash)
|Light Emission Mode||S-TTL automatic light control, Manual, Wireless flash, Multi-emission Flash (when to use external flash)|
|Flash Mode||Red-eye effect reduction / Slow synchronization, 2nd Curtain synchronization|
|Exposure control||Max. ±3EV in 1/3EV-step increments|
|Flash Tuning Speed||Max. 1/30sec. * 1/15 sec. or less at 14bit|
|External Flash Support||Available when the Hot Shoe Unit HU-11(supplied with this product) is mounted. * S-TTL, Wireless support, Xcontact|
(Standard, Vivid, Neutral, Portrait, Landscape, Cinema, Teal & Orange, Sunset Red, Forest Green, FOV Classic Blue, FOV Classic Yellow, Monochrome)
|Recording Mode||STILL Mode: FillLight / HDR shooting
CINE Mode: Still image shooting during movie shooting / HDR shooting / Director's view finder
|Playback Mode||STILL: Mode In-camera DNG Development
CINE Mode: Cinemagraph / still image cut-out
Built-in Microphone / Speaker
|Type||Stereo microphone, Monaural speaker|
|Display Language||English / Japanese / German / French / Spanish / Italian / Simplified Chinese / Traditional Chinese / Korean / Russian / Dutch / Polish / Portuguese / Danish / Swedish / Norwegian / Finnish|
|USB||USB3.1 GEN1 Type C|
|HDMI||Type D (Ver.1.4)|
|Release Terminal||Also used as an external microphone terminal|
|External Microphone||Φ3.5mm stereo mini jack (Plug-in power support)|
|Flash-synchro Terminal||Dedicated terminal (with hot shoe unit HU-11 (supplied with this product) mounted)|
Dust- & splash-proof structure
|Dust- & splash-proof structure||Provided|
|Power||Li-ion Battery Pack BP-51 *USB power supply available (when the power is turned off)|
|Still images||Approx. 280 images (at 23℃ according to CIPA standard)|
|Movie | continuous recording||Approx. 70 min|
Dimensions and Weight
|Dimensions||112.6 x 69.9 x 45.3mm|
|Weight||422g(including battery and SDcard), 370g(Camera Body Only)|
|86%or less * no condensing|
Accessories / Optional Accessories
|Accessories||Li-ion Battery Pack BP-51, Strap, Strap Holder, USB AC Adapter UAC-11, USB Cable (A-C) SUC-11, HOT SHOE UNIT HU-11, Body Cap, Instruction Manual, Warranty, Warranty Sticker|
|Optional Accessories||HAND GRIP HG-11, LARGE HAND GRIP HG-21, LCD VIEW FINDER LVF-11, BASE PLATE BPL-11, CABLE RELEASE CR-41, BASE GRIP BG-11, DC CONNECTOR CN-21, BATTERY CHARGER BC-71, AC ADAPTER SAC-7P, ELECTRONIC FLASH EF-630, MOUNT CONVERTER MC-21|