Offering true recording versatility, the black Panasonic Lumix DMC-G7 is a true hybrid mirrorless camera that blends 4K UHD video with advanced still capture and burst shooting capabilities. Revolving around a 16 MP Live MOS Micro Four Thirds sensor and Venus Engine 9 image processor, the G7 features notable low-light sensitivity to ISO 25600, continuous shooting to 8 fps with single-shot AF, as well as a trio of 30 fps shooting rates based on the 4K UHD video recording. Complementing the fast burst shooting modes is an equally adept DFD autofocus system, which works to quicken focusing speeds and emphasize accurate subject tracking for consistently sharp imagery in fast-paced and trying working conditions. Rounding out the feature-set of the G7 is a contemporary body design accentuated by physical exposure control dials, six customizable function buttons, both a high-resolution EVF and 3.0" tilting touchscreen LCD, and built-in Wi-Fi for wireless sharing and remote camera control. Bridging the gap between stills and video, the Lumix DMC-G7 pairs these two high-resolution mediums with refined focusing and shooting controls for the utmost in shooting versatility.
- 16 MP Live MOS Sensor and Venus Engine 9
- A 16 MP Live MOS Micro Four Thirds sensor pairs with an updated Venus Engine 9 to deliver fast overall performance with matched image quality to suit working in a wide variety of lighting conditions with consistent results. Sensitivity ranges from ISO 200 to 25600, with the ability to extend down to ISO 100 for working in bright conditions or with longer shutter speeds. Versatile burst shooting modes also allow you to pair high continuous shooting rates with AF; including shooting up to 8 fps with AF-S, 6 fps with AF-C in one area, and 6 fps during live view. For even faster performance, up to 40 fps shooting is possible with the electronic shutter function or 30 fps at 8 MP using the 4K Photo Modes.
The sensor and processor combination also helps to ensure notable image quality through the use of accurate white balance settings, Live TTL direct exposure metering, and intelligent NR (Noise Reduction) control for clean, natural imagery. Additionally, the Venus Engine 9 aids in reducing image blur caused by diffraction using electronic adjustment to automatically sharpen edges for clearer results when photographing with smaller aperture sizes.
- 4K UHD Video Recording
- In addition to the versatile still shooting modes, the G7 also supports recording 4K UHD (3840 x 2160) video with either 30p or 24p frames rates at 100Mbps in the MP4 format. Full HD 1080p/60 is also supported, in both MP4 and AVCHD formats, as well as HD and SD resolutions.
A built-in stereo microphone can be used during recordings, and features an integrated wind-cut filter, or an optional external microphone can be utilized via the 3.5mm jack for even clearer sound.
- 4K Photo Modes
- Utilizing the 4K video recording capabilities, a trio of still shooting modes are available for recording continuous 8 MP stills at a 30 fps shooting rate:
- 4K Burst: Just as with video recording, this mode will allow you to continuously record 8 MP images at 30 fps for up to 29 min. 59 sec., making it ideal for instances where you need a fast frame rate in order to capture the best moment.
- 4K Pre-Burst: This mode is ideal for times when you're unsure of the critical moment to press the shutter button and will record 8 MP images at 30 fps one second prior to and one second after pressing the shutter button in order to give you 60 frames to choose from.
- 4K Burst (S/S): This mode most closely follows the 4K video recording process, and allows you to playback your video, pause at the chosen moment, and use the shutter button to mark a chosen frame from the video and save it as a single 8 MP frame.
When using any of the 4K Photo modes, you are afforded complete exposure control using the PSAM dial in order to base metering results and exposure configurations on your own shooting needs.
- Depth-From-Defocus AF Technology
- For accelerated autofocus performance, which performs in low-light conditions down to -4 EV, DFD (Depth-From-Defocus) technology is employed to quickly calculate the distance to subjects and adjust the focusing position in as little as 0.07 seconds. This contrast-detection type focus method benefits both still and video recording modes, as well as subject tracking applications where subject color, size, and motion vectors are used to intelligently lock-onto the moving subjects and ensure precise focus.
Benefitting manual focus operation, focus peaking is available that highlights bright edges of contrast with a colored outline for quickly recognizing your focus point, as well as depth of field distances.
- Body Design and Wi-Fi
- Featuring a sleek design that is characteristic to Micro Four Thirds cameras, the G7 pairs retro aspects with modern functionality for intuitive use and classic appeal. Front and rear dials avail direct aperture and shutter speed control, as well as quick changing of ISO and white balance settings. Six function buttons can be assigned to control a range of custom features and the main drive wheel offers fast switching between shooting modes, including the 4K Photo modes.
For greater versatility when shooting, both a high-resolution electronic viewfinder and rear LCD monitor are available. The 2.36m-dot OLED Live View Finder features a 10,000:1 contrast ratio for bright, accurate viewing of scenes, even in difficult lighting. The 3.0" 1.04m-dot LCD features a static touchscreen design for intuitive navigation and control, as well as a vari-angle design for easier working from high and low angles.
Rounding out the handling capabilities, the G7 also features built-in Wi-Fi connectivity for wirelessly sharing images and remotely controlling the camera from a linked mobile device using the Panasonic Image App. Connection is simplified using a QR code system to pair the smartphone or tablet with the camera.
- Other Camera Features
An electronic shutter function affords both a high top shutter speed of 1/16,000 sec. as well as silent operation for quick, inconspicuous shooting.
UHS-II SDHC/SDXC memory cards are supported in order to benefit the high-resolution, data-intensive 4K movie and raw burst shooting workflows.
An Electronic Level Gauge can be used to help ensure level horizons and plumb verticals.
HDR (High Dynamic Range) automatically composites several images of varying exposures in order to gain greater highlight and shadow details and an extensive middle range of tones.
A built-in pop-up flash provides additional illumination for photographing in difficult lighting conditions, and features a guide number of 20.3' at ISO 100.
A Panorama mode automatically stitches together multiple images in order to realize one wide-spanning horizontal or vertical image.
Photo Style modes: Standard, Vivid, Natural, Monochrome, Scenery, Portrait, Custom, Cinelike D, and Cinelike V.
Creative Control modes: Expressive, Retro, Old Days, High Key, Low Key, Sepia, Monochrome, Dynamic Monochrome, Rough Monochrome, Silky Monochrome, Impressive Art, High Dynamic, Cross Process, Toy Effect, Toy Pop, Bleach Bypass, Miniature Effect, Soft Focus, Fantasy, Star Filter, One Point Color, and Sunshine.
Language support: English, Japanese, German, French, Italian, Spanish, Portuguese, and Chinese (Traditional).
- MPN - DMC-G7GN-K
- GTIN - 8887549603518
|Lens Mount||Micro Four Thirds|
|Camera Type||Digital Single Lens Mirrorless camera|
|Recording Media||SD Memory Card, SDHC Memory Card, SDXC Memory Card (Compatible with UHS-I / UHS-II UHS Speed Class 3 standard SDHC / SDXC Memory Cards)|
|Effective Megapixels||16 Megapixel|
|Image Size||17.3 x 13.0 mm (in 4:3 aspect ratio)|
|Max Resolution||16 MP: 4592 x 3448|
|Lens mount||Micro Four Thirds mount|
|Sensor Size||MOS, 17.3 x 13.0 mm|
|Image Sensor||Live MOS Sensor|
|Color Filter||Primary color filter|
|Memory Card Type||SD |
|Dust Reduction System||Supersonic wave filter|
|Focus Mode||Continuous-Servo AF (C), Flexible (AFF), Manual Focus (M), Single-servo AF (S)|
|Aspect Ratio||4:3, 3:2, 16:9, 1:1|
|Autofocus Points||Contrast Detection: 49|
|Wi-Fi||IEEE 802.11b/g/n, 2412 MHz - 2462 MHz (1-11 ch), Wi-Fi / WPA / WPA2, Infrastructure mode|
|LCD Screen Size||3“|
|Viewfinder||OLED Live View Finder (2,360k dots)|
|Field of View||Approx. 100 %|
|ISO Sensitivity||Auto, 200-25600 (Extended Mode: 100-25600)|
|Magnification||Approx. 1.4x / 0.7x (35mm camera equivalent) with 50 mm lens at infinity; -1.0 m-1|
|Shutter Speeds||Type: Electronic & Mechanical|
Speed: 60 Second
Type: Electronic & Mechanical
Speed: 2 - 0 Minutes in Bulb Mode
Speed: 1 Second in Movie Mode
|Diopter adjustment range||-4.0 - +4.0 (dpt)|
|Metering Method||Center-Weighted Average Metering, Multiple, Spot Metering|
|Focus||Contrast AF system|
|Exposure Modes||Aperture Priority, Manual, Programmed Auto, Shutter Priority|
|Focus Modes||AFS (Single) / AFF (Flexible) / AFC (Continuous) / MF|
|Continuous Shooting Speed||Up to 40 fps at 16 MP for up to 80 Frames|
Up to 30 fps at 8 MP for up to 53,970 Frames
Up to 8 fps at 16 MP for up to 80 Frames
Up to 6 fps at 16 MP for up to 80 Frames
Up to 2 fps at 16 MP for up to 80 Frames
|AF - area mode||Face/Eye Detection / Tracking / 49-Area / Custom Multi / 1-Area / Pinpoint / (Full area touch is available)|
|White Balance||Cloudy, White Set 2, Incandescent, Daylight, Flash, Color Temperature, Shade, White Set 3, White Set 1, Auto, White Set 4|
|Light Metering Mode||Multiple / Center Weighted / Spot|
|Dust Reduction System||Yes|
|Metering Range||EV 0 - 18 (F2.0 lens, ISO100 equivalent)|
|Exposure Modes||Program AE, Aperture Priority AE, Shutter Priority AE, Manual|
|Max Sync Speed||1 / 160 Second|
|ISO Sensitivity||Auto / Intelligent ISO / 100 (Extended) / 200 / 400 / 800 / 1600 / 3200 / 6400 / 12800 / 25600 (Changeable to 1/3 EV step), (Up to ISO6400 in motion picture recording) (ISO Auto in M mode)|
|Exposure compensation||1/3 EV step 5EV (3EV for motion picture)|
|White Balance||Auto / Daylight / Cloudy / Shade / incandescent / Flash / White Set 1, 2, 3, 4 / Color temperature setting|
|Video Clip Length (mins)||Up to 29 Minutes 59 Seconds|
|Audio Recording||Built-In Mic: With Video (Stereo)|
Optional External Mic: With Video (Stereo + Mono)
|Shutter Speed||Still image: Bulb (Max. 2 minutes), 1/4,000 - 60, Motion picture: 1/16,000 - 1/25, Electronic shutter: 1/16,000 - 1|
|Connectivity||Viera Link, 1/8“ Microphone, HDMI D (Micro), 2.5mm Sub-mini (2-Ring), USB 2.0|
|Self-Timer||10sec, 3 images / 2sec / 10sec|
|Remote Control||Remote control with Bulb function by DMW-RSL1 (Optional)|
|Battery||1x Rechargeable Lithium-Ion Battery Pack, 7.2 VDC, 1200 mAh|
|Burst shooting||Mechanical shutter: H: 8 frames/sec (with AFS), 6 frames/sec (with AFC), M: 6 frames/sec (with Live View), L: 2 frames/sec (with Live View), Electronic shutter: SH: 40 frames/sec, H: 10 frames/sec, M: 6 frames/sec (with Live View), L: 2 frames/sec (with Live View)|
|Dimensions (WxHxD)||4.9 x 3.4 x 3.0“ / 124.9 x 86.2 x 77.4 mm|
32 to 104F (0 to 40C)
Humidity: 10 - 80%
|Built-in Flash||TTL Built-in-Flash, GN9.3 equivalent (ISO200 m) / GN6.6 equivalent (ISO100 m), Built-in Pop-up (Reference|
|Flash Modes||Auto*, Auto/Red-eye Reduction*, Forced On, Forced On/Red-eye Reduction, Slow Sync., Slow Sync./Red-eye Reduction, Forced Off * For iA, iA+ only.|
|Sync Speed||Less than 1/160 second|
|Monitor||TFT LCD monitor with static touch control|
|Monitor Size||Free-angle 3.0-inch / 3:2 aspect / Wide viewing angle|
|USB||USB 2.0 High Speed Multi|
|HDMI||microHDMI TypeD / VIERA Link ,Video: Auto / 4K / 1080p / 1080i / 720p / 480p (576p in PAL system) ,Audio: Stereo|
|Microphone||Stereo, Wind-cut: OFF / Low / Standard / High / AUTO|
|Battery||Li-ion Battery Pack (7.2V, 1200mAh, 8.7Wh) (Included)|
|Battery Life||Approx. 360 images with H-FS1442A ,Approx. 350 images with H-FS14140 ,Approx. 350 images with H-FS45150|
|Dimensions (WxHxD)||124.9 x 86.2 x 77.4 mm|
|Operating Temperature||0 to 40|
|Operating Humidity||10%RH to 80RH|
Panasonic G7 Body Only - Black
Battery Charger (included AC cable)
Hot Shoe Cover
SILKYPIX® Developer Studio 4.3 SE