The Nikon NIKKOR Z 24-200mm f/4-6.3 VR Lens is a one-lens solution for working in a wide variety of shooting situations, covering wide-angle to telephoto focal lengths. Weighing approximately 570g, its lightweight and compact body is perfect for your adventures, and its versatile focal length from 24mm to 200mm allows you to capture a great diversity of scenes that include landscapes, portraits and close ups of the stunning sights you encounter.
An advanced optical design, which uses a series of aspherical and ED elements, pairs with both ARNEO and Nano Crystal Coatings to produce sharp and clear image quality with high contrast and accurate color rendering to benefit working in various lighting conditions.
The impressive zoom reach is also benefitted by Vibration Reduction image stabilization, which minimizes the appearance of camera shake by up to 5 stops for sharper handheld shooting. A stepping motor provides quick, quiet, and precise autofocus performance along with full-time manual focus override to suit both stills and video applications. Also, a programmable control ring can be set for intuitive adjustment over a variety of camera and exposure settings.
Key Features of the Nikon NIKKOR Z 24-200mm f/4-6.3 VR Lens
- Two aspherical elements and one aspherical ED element is used to reduce spherical aberrations and distortion in order to realize sharp imagery with accurate rendering.
- Two extra-low dispersion elements greatly reduce color fringing and chromatic aberrations throughout the zoom range in order to produce greater clarity and color rendering.
- ARNEO and Nano Crystal Coats are used to prevent ghosting, reflections, and flare in order to realize improved contrast and clarity when working in strong lighting and backlit conditions. The Nano Crystal Coat controls incidental light from a diagonal direction while the ARNEO Coat controls incidental light from a vertical direction. A Super Integrated Coating is also featured on multiple elements to help ensure consistently accurate colors.
- Stepping motor delivers impressively smooth, quiet, and fast autofocus performance that is well-suited to both stills and video applications. Full-time manual focus override is also possible and an internal focusing design is used, where only the internal lens groups are moved during focusing, to maintain the overall length of the lens during use and to promote faster focusing speeds.
- Vibration Reduction image stabilization minimizes the appearance of camera shake by up to 5 stops for sharper handheld shooting.
- Programmable Control Ring is, by default, set to adjust manual focus, but can also be used to control aperture or exposure compensation.
- Specialized electromagnetic aperture mechanism provides greater exposure control stability that is especially beneficial when working with fast continuous shooting rates.
- Rounded seven-blade diaphragm promotes a pleasing out of focus quality that benefits the use of shallow depth of field and selective focus techniques.
- Dust- and moisture-resistant lens barrel benefits the lens' use in inclement conditions.
The Lens for Every Occasion
With 8.3x high-power zoom, the lens delivers a wide angle of view from 24mm to 200mm with FX-format cameras, or 36mm to 300mm with DX-format cameras. While that ensures it will excel with wide-angle street shots of bustling old towns, it possesses great quality for close-up photography as well, letting you capture your subjects in crisp detail and natural bokeh with the NIKKOR Z 24-200mm f/4-6.3 VR’s minimum focus distance of 0.5m (at wide angle) and 0.7m (at telephoto end) and maximum reproduction ratio of 0.28x.
Carry the NIKKOR Z 24-200mm f/4-6.3 VR anywhere and everywhere your adventure takes you, thanks to its lightweight and compact body at approximately 570g.
The employment of an aluminium-alloy mount, a first for NIKKOR lenses, ensures it’s robust and ready for the rigours of travel photography. Experience unchanged weight balance while shooting even when the lens is zoomed all the way in, as the lens elements were designed to ensure the front part of the lens doesn’t become too heavy.
The NIKKOR Z 24-200mm f/4-6.3 VR is constructed to reduce chromatic aberration which means you can achieve higher optical performance with greater colour saturation, contrast and image detail with the employment of aspherical Extra Low-dispersion (ED) glass, ED glass and aspherical lens elements.When you need to take images with a low shutter speed, like telephoto shooting or night landscapes, the lens’ effective in-built Vibration Reduction (VR) of up to 5.0 stops provides sufficient compensation effect, ensuring that your shots are sharp and clear.
This lens deals exceptionally well with backlight and minimises ghosting and flaring effects, with the incorporation of ARNEO Coat. In addition, the focus-breathing reduction feature lets you minimise the amount of shifting between angles of view while adjusting focus, allowing for easier focus stacking and landscape shooting.
Smooth Video Focus
Some moments simply can’t be captured in a photograph, and that’s when the NIKKOR Z 24-200mm f/4- 6.3 VR makes capturing high quality movies a breeze.
The incorporation of a varifocal lens makes for smooth subject tracking that lets you maintain continual focus on your subject as you zoom in and out. This lens is imperceptibly quiet thanks to an AF mechanism built with a stepping motor (STM), electromagnetic diaphragm mechanism and click-less control ring. The control ring lets you smoothly record with natural shifts in focus points and brightness levels.
Buy Nikon NIKKOR Z 24-200mm f/4-6.3 VR Lens with Nikon Australia Warranty from digiDirect
All our Nikon products come with Nikon Australia Warranty.
Buy with confidence from a reputable seller. digiDirect does not sell grey-import or grey-market stock.
For more on our warranty policy please see digiDirect FAQ Warranty
- MPN - JMA710DA
- GTIN - 4960759902887
|Focal Length||24 to 200mm|
|Maximum Aperture||f/4 to 6.3|
|Minimum Aperture||f/22 to 36|
|Lens Mount||Nikon Z|
|Angle of View||84° to 12° 20'|
|Minimum Focus Distance||1.64' / 50 cm|
|Optical Design||19 Elements in 15 Groups|
|Diaphragm Blades||7, Rounded|
|Filter Size||67 mm (Front)|
|Dimensions (ø x L)||3.01 x 4.49" / 76.5 x 114 mm|
|Weight||1.25 lb / 570 g|