Sleek and compact, the Nikon NIKKOR Z 20mm f/1.8 S Lens is a versatile prime with an ultra-wide field of view. Capture a wide variety of scenes — from dynamic landscapes and the wonders of the night sky, to impressive close-ups with beautiful bokeh — all while maintaining superior optical performance across the entire frame.
The advanced optical design uses aspherical and ED elements to produce sharp, well-corrected imagery with high clarity and color accuracy, and both Nano Crystal and Super Integrated Coatings are also used to suppress flare and ghosting for greater color fidelity and higher contrast.
Complementing the optical design, a multi-focus system, which employs two stepping motors, helps to realize impressively fast, accurate, and quiet focus performance, along with full-time manual focus override, to suit both stills and video needs. Additionally, a programmable control ring can be set for intuitive adjustment over a variety of camera and exposure settings.
Key Features of the Nikon NIKKOR Z 20mm f/1.8 S Lens
- Bright f/1.8 maximum aperture suits working in difficult lighting conditions and also offers increased control over depth of field.
- Three aspherical elements are used to reduce spherical aberrations and distortion in order to realize sharp imagery with accurate rendering.
- Three extra-low dispersion elements greatly reduce color fringing and chromatic aberrations throughout the zoom range in order to produce greater clarity and color rendering.
- A Nano Crystal Coat, along with a Super Integrated Coating, has been applied to lens elements to minimize surface and internal reflections for a marked reduction in lens flare and ghosting.
- Multi-focus system incorporates two separate AF synchronized drive units, to deliver especially fast and accurate focusing performance. This system uses stepping motors, which offer impressively smooth and quiet autofocus qualities well-suited to both stills and video applications. An internal focusing design is used, where only the internal lens groups are moved during focusing.
- Programmable Control Ring is, by default, set to adjust manual focus, but can also be used to control aperture or exposure compensation.
- Specialized electromagnetic aperture mechanism provides greater exposure control stability that is especially beneficial when working with fast continuous shooting rates.
- Rounded nine-blade diaphragm promotes a pleasing out of focus quality that benefits the use of shallow depth of field and selective focus techniques.
- Dust- and moisture-resistant lens barrel benefits the lens' use in inclement conditions.
Shoot for the stars
Produce stunning and sharp images without colour fringing thanks to the employment of three extra-low dispersion (ED) glass elements that effectively compensate axial chromatic aberration. Deliver images of sunlit landscapes without having to worry about lighting, thanks to the lens’ superb tolerance for backlight with the adoption of the Nano Crystal Coat that reduces ghost and flare effects caused by the sun or any other direct light source.
The NIKKOR Z 20mm f/1.8 S effectively compensates sagittal coma flare from the maximum aperture for high resolution astrophotography. With small point images faithfully reproduced as point images even at the periphery, you can capture the stars exactly as they appear in front of your eyes. It also offers improved autofocus (AF) accuracy at close distances through the multi-focusing system developed to enhance optical performance across the entire shooting range.
Focus on what matters
The smooth and subtle operations of the NIKKOR Z 20mm f/1.8 S makes it extra easy to record candid moments. You can capture those authentic moments, uninterrupted, with the help of the stepping motor (STM) and electromagnetic diaphragm mechanism, as well as the click-less control ring that prevents lens drive and operation sounds from being recorded.
Streamline your movie recording processes with the multi-purpose control ring and customise features best suited to you with ease. A focus-breathing reduction feature reduces the angle of view shifting when the focus point changes, and an electronic diaphragm mechanism delivers stable aperture control constantly, even during continuous shooting.
Your gear should never hold you back from your exploration and the NIKKOR Z 20mm f/1.8 S provides effortless control over your shooting experiences. Indulge in high portability with a compact design that weighs approximately 505g.
In addition to a fluorine coat, its dust- and drip-resistant capability repels dirt and dust off your lens surface, making this the perfect lens to bring with you wherever you go.
Buy Nikon NIKKOR Z 20mm f/1.8 S Lens with Nikon Australia Warranty from digiDirect
All our Nikon products come with Nikon Australia Warranty.
Buy with confidence from a reputable seller. digiDirect does not sell grey-import or grey-market stock.
For more on our warranty policy please see digiDirect FAQ Warranty
- MPN - JMA104DA
- GTIN - 4960759903372
|Lens Mount||Nikon Z|
|Angle of View||94°|
|Minimum Focus Distance||7.87" / 20 cm|
|Optical Design||14 Elements in 11 Groups|
|Diaphragm Blades||9, Rounded|
|Filter Size||77 mm (Front)|
|Dimensions (ø x L)||3.33 x 4.27" / 84.5 x 108.5 mm|
|Weight||1.11 lb / 505 g|
- Nikon NIKKOR Z 20mm f/1.8 S Lens
- Nikon 77mm Snap-On Lens Cap
- Nikon LF-N1 Rear Lens Cap
- HB-95 Lens Hood
- Nikon CL-C1 Lens Case