Free shipping on orders over $99
Offload memory cards in the field with up to 2TB of portable, wireless storage with the My Passport Wireless Pro from WD. With a built-in card reader, you can easily back up photos and videos from SD memory cards, coming from digital cameras, GoPros, and other recording devices, to the My Passport Wireless Pro without the need for a computer. WD has armed the My Passport Wireless Pro with an 802.11ac Wi-Fi module along with a hard drive so you can access and share up to 2TB of content wirelessly with tablets, computers, digital cameras, and other wireless devices. The My Passport Wireless Pro lets you stream up to 8 HD videos simultaneously and is formatted in exFAT, delivering compatibility with Windows, Mac, and other systems. Moreover, you can set up the My Passport Wireless Pro as a hotspot to share Internet connectivity with other devices.
Aside from wireless connectivity, the My Passport Wireless Pro comes equipped with an internal 6400 mAh battery, which provides it with all-day power (up to 10 hours), and a USB 2.0 port for recharging mobile devices. The USB 2.0 port can also be used to transfer data from thumb-sized USB drives and other external USB storage drives to the My Passport Wireless Pro. In addition, a USB 3.0 connection is available to recharge its internal battery as well as quickly transfer multimedia content to a computer system without Wi-Fi abilities.
- Wireless Storage
- Built with 802.11ac technology, the My Passport Wireless Pro is able to deliver fast data transfers and smooth HD media streaming capabilities. Wirelessly transfer images you capture in the field via FTP Mode with your compatible DSLR camera to the drive, where the content can be backed up, viewed, and edited using a connected tablet or laptop.
- SD Card Reader
- The integrated SD 3.0 card reader delivers fast media transfers while you're out of the office. You can move or copy high-resolution photos and Full HD videos from your camera's SD card to this high-capacity drive.
- Battery Life
- Take the My Passport on a long trip to continuously stream videos while on the road. It lasts up to 10 hours while streaming a 720p, 3 Mb/s video to one device over Wi-Fi 2.4 GHz. Actual battery life depends on file size, type, format, bitrate, devices connected, Wi-Fi connectivity, settings, and other factors.
- Built-in Power Bank
- You can charge your smartphone, tablet, and other USB devices on the go via an integrated USB 2.0 port on the 6400 mAh power bank.
- USB Technology
- The two built-in USB ports quickly transfer a large amount of RAW images or Full-HD vides to or from your computer.
- Plex organizes your entire media collection with one simple interface and visually enhances it by adding descriptions, plot summaries, posters, and album covers. Wirelessly stream media stored on your My Passport Wireless Pro to all your devices, including your PC and Mac computers, smartphones, tablets, Smart TVs, and more.
- Access Files from Anywhere
- Wirelessly connect the My Passport Wireless Pro to your mobile devices using the My Cloud mobile app so you can view, organize, edit, and share your media files from anywhere with your tablet and smartphone.
- Adobe Creative Cloud Connected
- Adobe Creative Cloud equips you with the tools you need to turn your ideas into creative masterpieces. Since My Passport Wireless Pro is Creative Cloud connected through the My Cloud mobile app, you can quickly get your photos and videos from your camera to your drive and into the Creative Cloud ecosystem. With just a few clicks on your tablet, you can open, edit, and save files wherever you are.
- External USB Storage Device Support
- When you connect an optional external USB storage device to your My Passport Wireless Pro, you'll be able to wirelessly access content on that external device using your computer, tablet, and smartphone using the My Cloud app. It becomes a network share on your My Passport Wireless Pro, so you have access to your data.
- Windows and Mac Compatible
- The My Passport is formatted in exFAT, which eliminates the need to reformat the drive.
- Safeguard Captured Moments
- Wi-Fi password protection helps keep your photography, videography, music, and important files safe from unauthorized wireless access. Set up Drive Lock in the device dashboard to prevent USB access to your content in the unlikely event it is lost or stolen.
- Internet Hotspot
- Use the My Passport Wireless Pro as a Wi-Fi hub to share an Internet connection with up to eight devices.
- Stream up to 8 HD Videos Simultaneously
- Connect multiple devices to your My Passport Wireless Pro and simultaneously stream up to 8 HD videos (3 Mb/s HD MP4 streams).
- Dual Wireless Band Support
- My Passport Wireless Pro is equipped with two different wireless bands: 5 GHz 802.11ac band for faster performance on compatible wireless AC devices and 2.4 GHz 802.11n band for better long-range performance for wireless AC and N devices.
- MPN - WDBP2P0020BBK
- GTIN - 718037839486
|System Requirements||Windows 10, 8, or 7 |
Mac OS X El Capitan, Yosemite, Mavericks, or Mountain Lion
DLNA/UPnP or Plex-enable devices for streaming
|Dimensions (L x W x H)||12.7 x 12.7 x 2.3 cm|
|Power||90 to 260 VAC, 47/63 Hz|
|Battery Capacity||6400 mAh|
|Temperature||Operating: 32 to 95F / 0 to 35C |
Storage: -4 to 140F / -20 to 60C
|Data Transfer Rate||USB 3.0: up to 800 Mb/s |
USB 2.0: up to 480 Mb/s
SD 3.0: up to 100 MB/s
802.11ac: up to 433 Mb/s
|Interfaces||1 x USB 2.0 (host port) |
1 x USB 3.0
1 x SD card slot
Integrated 1x1 Wireless-AC
|Drive||256 MB of cache memory |
2 TB capacity