The Sony FE 35mm F1.4 GM Lens is a remarkably compact classic wide-angle prime with an updated design. It delivers eye-opening G Master resolution, bokeh, and with extraordinary AF speed and precision, it is a great choice for applications where an ideal blend of mobility and superb image quality is required.
Two XA (eXtreme Aspherical) elements and one extra-low dispersion element in the FE 35mm F1.4 GM optical design reduce a variety of aberrations, colour fringing, and distortion for stunning contrast and resolution. A Nano AR II coating complements the optics, suppressing flare and ghosting for improved contrast and image clarity in any lighting conditions.
An XD Linear Motor system uses two separate focusing motors to deliver especially quiet, precise, and quick autofocus performance. Sony's state-of-the-art control algorithms developed specifically for the XD Linear Motors minimize vibration and noise, while Linear Response MF feature provides direct, linear manual focus response.
The Sony FE 35mm F1.4 GM Lens features robust and intuitive physical design to benefit both photography and cine applications with a focus hold button, focus ring, and other controls supporting efficient operation. You can assign the focus hold button to a number of other functions via a camera body menu and also de-click the aperture ring for smooth aperture changes via the aperture click switch on the side of the lens.
Additionally, the Sony FE 35mm F1.4 GM also sports a dust- and moisture-sealed design and fluorine-coated front lens element to support shooting in inclement conditions.
Key Features of the Sony FE 35mm F1.4 GM Lens
- Fast f/1.4 maximum aperture benefits working in difficult lighting conditions and offers increased control over depth of field.
- Optical design with two XA (extreme aspherical) elements featuring superior surface precision for effective control over astigmatism, field curvature, coma, distortion, and other spherical aberrations for a high degree of sharpness and accurate rendering.
- One extra-low dispersion element helps to reduce chromatic aberrations and colour fringing for improved clarity and colour neutrality.
- Nano AR Coating II reduces surface reflections, flare, and ghosting for increased contrast and colour rendering in strong lighting conditions. This updated coating is better suited for larger, curved elements and is especially adept at minimizing internal reflections.
- Two XD Linear Motors, along with an internal focusing design, provides quick, quiet, and precise autofocus performance.
- Natural intuitive Linear Response manual focus control with AF/MF switch located on the lens barrel for tactile control over this setting.
- A focus hold button is featured on the lens barrel for intuitive tactile control and rapid access to select settings.
- The physical aperture ring can be de-clicked for smooth, silent aperture switching to benefit video applications.
- Dust- and moisture-sealed design better permits working in inclement conditions and rubberized control rings benefit handling in colder temperatures.
- Fluorine-coated front element resists dust, moisture, and fingerprints and is easy to clean.
- Rounded 11-blade diaphragm contributes to a pleasing bokeh quality when employing selective focus techniques.
A Compact G Master 35mm lens with Amazing Resolution
Advanced optical design and manufacturing technology enables the Sony FE 35mm F1.4 GM Lens to deliver extraordinary resolution, gorgeous bokeh and precise focus performance. Two XA (extreme aspherical) elements effectively maintain superb resolution throughout the image area. An ED glass element and other optical refinements effectively suppress chromatic aberration and purple fringing for breathtaking results.
Thanks to its 11-blade construction the FE 35mm F1.4 GM delivers beautiful extraordinary bokeh with advanced spherical aberration control. The combination of F1.4 maximum aperture and the flexibility to choose the perfect shooting distance allows for ultimate control and stunning bokeh when shooting both stills and video.
- 11-blade aperture construction
- Minimum focusing distance of just 27cm with a maximum magnification of 0.23x in autofocus mode
Professional control and reliability
The FE 35mm F1.4 GM offers full professional control, with a focus hold button and focus mode switch to support smooth, efficient operation. An aperture ring with switchable click stops can be turned off for movie shooting. Sporting the build quality typical of G Master, the FE 35mm F1.4 GM has been created to be reliable with a dust and moisture resistant design* and a fluorine front element coating that repels water, oil, and other contaminants.
- Linear Response MF provides excellent response and fine linear focus control
- Customisable Focus hold button via body menu
- Aperture control ring that can be de-clicked for smooth aperture transitions
- Focus mode switch for switching between AF/MF without having to look away from the viewfinder
- Sealing at all buttons and rings (dust and moisture resistance)
- Hybrid metal and engineering plastic construction for high durability and low weight
Advanced Focus System with XD Linear Motors ensure fast, precise, quiet AF and tracking
Two XD (extreme dynamic) Linear Motors provide precise autofocus and tracking for outstanding resolution at any distance. The state-of-the-art control algorithms, developed specifically for the XD Linear Motors, improve control response and precision whilst minimising vibration and noise for fast, smooth and silent AF performance. Linear Response MF is ideal for creative focusing effects when shooting video as it ensures the focus ring responds to subtle movement when focusing manually providing immediate and precise control.
- Two precise XD (extreme dynamic) AF Linear Motors
- State-of-the-art control algorithms improve control response and precision whilst minimising vibration and noise
- Linear Response MF
Buy Sony FE 35mm F1.4 GM Lens with Sony Australia Warranty from digiDirect
All our Sony lenses come with Sony Australia Warranty.
Buy with confidence from a reputable seller. digiDirect does not sell grey-import or grey-market stock.
For more on our warranty policy please see digiDirect FAQ Warranty
- MPN - SEL35F14GM
- GTIN - 4548736123144
*Not guaranteed to be 100% dust and moisture-proof.
|Lens Mount||Sony E|
|Angle of View||63°|
|Minimum Focus Distance||9.8" / 25 cm|
|Optical Design||14 Elements in 10 Groups|
|Diaphragm Blades||11, Rounded|
|Filter Size||67 mm (Front)|
|Dimensions (ø x L)||3 x 3.8" / 76 x 96 mm|
|Weight||1.2 lb / 524 g|
- Sony FE 35mm F1.4 GM Lens
- Sony ALC-F67S 67mm Front Lens Cap
- Sony ALC-R1EM Rear Lens Cap
- ALC-SH164 Lens Hood