The Alpha a7 Mirrorless Digital Camera from the Sony incorporates a full-frame Exmor CMOS sensor into an E-mount body thus providing the light gathering capability and detail-rich imaging of a full-frame sensor with a compact, lightweight, and versatile mirrorless, interchangeable lens camera system. The 24.3MP sensor enables high resolution images and low light effectiveness with its standard ISO sensitivity range of 100-25600. The new BIONX X image processor offers fast processing and operation speeds such as 5 fps burst shooting and front-end LSI (large-scale integration) improves the early stages of image processing resulting in more natural details and richer tones. 14-bit RAW output preserves the detail provided by the sensor.
Alpha A7 Full-Frame Mirrorless Camera: A Tech Achievement from Sony
The inimitable Sony has introduced an enhanced Hybrid Autofocus system combines a 117-point, phase-detection AF system with a 25-point contrast-detection system for high speed and accuracy. Flexible spot focus areas in addition to multipoint, centre-weighted, and zone focusing contribute to its functionality and manual focus assist can be optimised for full-frame or APS-C-format shooting zones when users are shooting with mirrorless cameras. New Eye AF Control provides highly precise eye-detection for shots that place the focus directly on the subject's eye, even when they are partially turned away.
Full-Frame Mirrorless Video from A Tiny Sony Camera Body
In the case of the Sony Alpha a7 Full-Frame Mirrorless Camera, the body captures full HD 1080 video capture with 24p/60i/60p frame rates is supported in both AVCHD and MP4 codecs. Uncompressed video can be recorded off-camera via an HDMI connection, and both built-in and external stereo recording is available. HDMI and wireless output allows for viewing of still images on ultra HD 4K television. The 3.0inch tiltable LCD has a 1.23M-dot resolution and WhiteMagic technology for better visibility in bright light. A high-contrast 2.4M OLED electronic viewfinder provides 100% coverage, a wide viewing angle, and features the same 3-lens optical system used in the Sony a99 DSLR.
Built-in Wi-Fi and NFC capability enable easy wireless transfer of images as well as remote shutter control from smartphones and tablets. Remote Control via a USB connection enables still photo adjustment control and now includes video capture control. The Quick Navi Pro interface system can display all camera adjustments on the LCD for rapid setting changes when needed.
The advanced Sony Multi-Interface shoe expands compatibility options for flash, microphone, and other accessories, and as an E-mount full-frame camera, the Alpha a7 is compatible with all present APS-C sized E-mount lenses in APS-C Crop Mode as well as the new E-mount full-frame Zeiss and Sony G-series lenses. Lens mount adapters with a tripod mount are also available to use A-mount lenses on E-mount cameras and an optional dedicated battery grip enables stable extended shooting and vertical orientation stability.
- Full Frame Compact Mirrorless Digital Camera
- The full frame Sony Alpha a7 incorporates a full frame 35.8 x 23.9 sensor into the compact, lightweight form of an E-mount mirrorless digital camera body providing the imaging prowess of full frame and the convenience and versatility of mirrorless.
- 24.3MP Exmor CMOS Sensor
- With 24.3 effective megapixels, the Exmor CMOS sensor captures high-resolution, low-noise images with rich tonal gradation and low-light sensitivity. The normal ISO range on the Alpha a7 is 100-25600.
- BIONZ X Image Processor
- The new BIONZ X image processing engine reproduces textures and details in real time via extra high-speed processing capabilities. Together with front-end LSI (large scale integration) that accelerates the earliest processing stages, it enables more natural details, more realistic images, richer tonal gradations, and lower noise whether you shoot still images or movies.
- Fast Hybrid Autofocus
- Enhanced Fast Hybrid auto focus combines speedy phase-detection AF with accurate contrast-detection AF, which has been accelerated through a new Spatial Object Detection algorithm. Phase-detection AF with 117 densely placed phase-detection AF points swiftly moves the lens to bring the subject nearly into focus, then contrast-detection AF with wide AF coverage fine-tunes precise focusing.
- Up to 5 fps Continuous Shooting
- New faster, more accurate AF tracking, made possible by Fast Hybrid AF allows you to capture action shots and that 'perfect' moment with 5 fps continuous shooting in Speed Priority Continuous Shooting Mode. Differing from the Alpha a7R, the Alpha a7 provides a Hybrid Focus system that enables faster focusing and frame rates for photographers who favour performance speed.
- Compatibility with Sony's E-mount Lenses and New Full-Frame Lenses
- Maintaining its lightweight form, the Alpha a7 is fully compatible with Sony's present APS-C E-mount lens system and the new line of E-mount compact full-frame lenses from Carl Zeiss and Sony's premier G-series.
- 3.0inch Tilt LCD Monitor
- The tiltable 3.0inch Xtra Fine LCD Display offers a 1,229K-dot resolution and makes it easy to photograph from low or high angles, swinging up 84° and down 45°. WhiteMagic technology dramatically increases visibility in bright daylight. The large display delivers brilliant-quality still images and movies while enabling easy focusing operation.
- 2.4M-dot OLED Electronic Viewfinder
- With its 3-lens optical system the viewfinder faithfully displays what will appear in your recording, including the effects of your camera settings. You'll enjoy rich tonal gradations and improved contrast. High-end features like 100% frame coverage and a wide viewing angle enable comfortable and stable eye-level composition.
- Full HD Movie at 24p/60i/60p with Uncompressed HDMI Output
- The Alpha a7 supports in-camera AVCHD codec frames rates in super-smooth 60p, standard 60i or cinematic 24p. MP4 codec is also available for smaller files for easier upload to the web. Also, it is possible to capture Full 1080 HD uncompressed clean-screen video files to external recording devices via an HDMI connection in 60p and 60i frame-rates.
- Built-in Wi-Fi and NFC
- Connectivity with smartphones for One-touch sharing/One-touch remote has been simplified with Wi-Fi/NFC control. In addition to Wi-Fi support for connecting to smartphones, the Alpha a7 also supports NFC (Near Field Communication) providing convenient transfer of images to Android smartphones and tablets. Users need only touch devices to connect; no complex set-up is required. Moreover, when using Smart Remote Control - a feature that allows shutter release to be controlled by a smartphone - connection to the smartphone can be established by simply touching compatible devices.
- Direct Access Interface
- Quick Navi Pro displays all major shooting options on the LCD screen so you can rapidly confirm settings and make adjustments without searching through dedicated menus. When shooting opportunities arise, you'll be able to respond swiftly with just the right settings.
- New Eye AF control
- Even when capturing a subject partially turned away from the camera with a shallow depth of field, the face will be sharply focused thanks to extremely accurate eye detection that can prioritize a single pupil. A green frame appears over the prioritized eye when focus has been achieved for easy confirmation. Eye AF can be used when the function is assigned to a customizable button, allowing users to instantly activate it depending on the scene.
- 14-bit RAW Output
- 14-bit RAW image data of extremely high quality is outputted by the Alpha a7. This data preserves the rich detail generated by the image sensor during the 14-bit A/D conversion process. When developed with Sony's Image Data Converter RAW development software, these images deliver particularly high quality photographic expression and rich gradation.
- Wired Remote Control with Video Capture Control
- Remote Camera Control allows you to control your Alpha a7 from your computer using a USB cable. It has been updated to include video capture control.
- Multi-Interface Shoe
- The Alpha a7 features the advanced Multi-Interface Shoe that dramatically expands compatibility with Sony digital imaging accessories such as flash units, microphones, lights, and monitors thus increasing the potential of your photo and movie shooting.
- MPN - ILCE7B
- GTIN - 4905524958577
|Lens Mount||Sony E-Mount|
|Body Type||Full-Frame Mirrorless|
|Maximum Resolution||6016 x 4016|
|Effective Megapixels||24.3 Megapixel|
|Max Resolution||6000 x 4000|
|Sensor Size||Full Frame|
|Sensor Size||35.8 x 23.9 mm|
|Memory Card Type||SD|
Memory Stick Pro Duo
Memory Stick PRO HG-Duo
Memory Stick PRO HG-Duo
|White Balance Presets||12|
|Focus Mode||Continuous-servo AF (C), Manual Focus (M), Single-servo AF (S)|
|Autofocus Points||Phase Detection: 117 |
Contrast Detection: 25
|LCD Screen Size||3“ Rear Screen Tilting Live Preview LCD (921,600)|
|Focal length multiplier||1x|
|ISO Sensitivity||Auto, 100-25600 (Extended Mode: 50-)|
|Screen Size||3.0 Inch|
|Shutter Speeds||Type: Electronic |
Speed: 30 - 1/8000 Seconds
|Metering Method||Center-Weighted Average Metering, Multi-Zone Metering, Spot Metering|
|Screen Type||TFT Colour LCD|
|Exposure Modes||Modes: Aperture Priority, Auto, Bulb, Manual, Movie, Programmed Auto, Scene Selection, Shutter Priority, Sweep Panorama |
Metering Range: EV 0.0 - EV 20.0
Compensation: -5 EV to +5 EV (in 1/3 or 1/2 EV Steps)
|Continuous Shooting Speed||Up to 5 fps at 24.3 MP for up to Frames|
|Viewfinder coverage||100 %|
|White Balance||Auto, Cloudy, Color Temperature, Color Temperature Filter, Custom, Daylight, Flash, Fluorescent (Cool White), Fluorescent (Day White), Fluorescent (Daylight), Fluorescent (Warm White), Incandescent, Underwater|
|Dust Reduction System||TTL|
|Max Shutter Speed||1/8000 sec|
|Continuous drive||5.0 fps|
|Exposure compensation||±5 EV (at 1/3 EV, 1/2 EV, 1 EV steps)|
|Max Video Resolution||1920 x 1080 (50p, 50i, 25p fps)|
|Storage Type||SD, SDHC, SDXC|
|Audio Recording||Built-In Mic: With Video (Stereo) |
Optional External Mic: With Video (Stereo)
|USB||USB 3.0 (5 GBit/sec)|
|Connectivity||AV / USB Multi, HDMI D (Micro), USB 2.0|
|HDMI||Yes (HDMI Mini Type C)|
|Battery||1 x NP-FW50 Rechargeable Lithium-Ion Battery Pack, 7.2 VDC, 1080 mAh|
|Battery||Sony NP-FW50 Rechargeable Battery|
|Dimensions (WxHxD)||5.0 x 3.7 x 1.9“ / 127.0 x 94.0 x 48.3 mm|
|Weight (inc. batteries)||474|
|Dimensions||126.9 x 94.4 x 48.2 mm|