The Sony A6600 w/ 18-135mm Kit is an apt APS-C-format mirrorless camera well-suited for both photo and video applications. For those wanting to start a 4K multimedia setup from scratch, the Sony Alpha a6600 mirrorless digital camera available online at digiDirect is the perfect start.
Revolving around a 24.2MP Exmor CMOS sensor and BIONZ X digital image processor, clean image quality is provided with a wide expandable sensitivity range to ISO 102400, along with accelerated readout speeds for internal 4K20.
Complementing both stills and video, 5-axis SteadyShot INSIDE image stabilisation minimises the appearance of camera shake with all mounted lenses to support working with slower shutter speeds. Fast autofocus is ensured with a wide-coverage 425-point phase-detection and contrast based system for quick and precise focusing performance. This focusing system also enables High-density Tracking AF for more efficient and accurate tracking of moving subjects across the image frame. Increasingly versatile and fully featured in both photo and video realms, the a6600 is a fast and precise imaging tool for multimedia capture.
This kit includes the Sony E 18-135mm f/3.5-5.6 OSS Lens which is a useful and versatile lens spanning wide-angle to medium telephoto. The lens sports a linear AF motor and one aspherical element to control distortion and reduce spherical aberrations for greater sharpness and accurate rendering.
Complementing the imaging assets, the a6600 also sports a robust magnesium alloy body that is dust- and moisture-resistant to permit working in harsh environments. The compact profile incorporates a high-resolution XGA Tru-Finder OLED electronic viewfinder for bright and clear eye-level viewing. A rear 3.0 inch touchscreen LCD monitor is also available and has a tilting design to benefit shooting from high and low working angles, and the touchscreen design allows for intuitive touch-to-focus control.
24.2MP Exmor CMOS Sensor and BIONZ X Processor
The APS-C-format 24.2MP Exmor CMOS sensor pairs with the BIONZ X image processor to realize smooth, nuanced image quality with minimal noise and high sensitivity from ISO 100-32000, which can further be expanded to ISO 102400 for working in low-light conditions.
The sensor and processor combination also avails a top continuous shooting rate of 11 fps with AF and AE.
5-Axis SteadyShot INSIDE Image Stabilization
Packed into the a6600 is a 5-stop effective 5-axis SteadyShot INSIDE image stabilisation system that compensates for five different types of camera shake encountered during handheld shooting of stills and video. This allows users to confidently use any lens, even adapted lenses, for critical imaging without encountering blur from camera shake.
For long focal lengths, the system will correct for pitch and yaw adjustments. Macro and high-magnification imagery, on the other hand, will benefit from the inclusion of horizontal and vertical shift compensation. All shooting styles will get usage out of the roll compensation. All 5 axis of stabilisation will function at all times, even when used with third-party lenses and adapters or lenses with built-in optical stabilisation.
0.02 second Autofocus with 425 AF-points and Real time Eye AF
Covering nearly the entire sensor area, the powerful autofocus system incorporates 425 AF-points utilizing both phase-detection and contrast-detection areas for precise focusing in as little as 0.02 seconds. The density of focusing points from this hybrid AF system also enables High-density Tracking AF Technology, which is adept at tracking moving subjects in a variety of lighting conditions.
- 0.02 sec AF speed
- 425 AF phase and contrast detection
- Real time Eye AF, real time tracking, Animal eye AF
The A6600 boast both 5-axis in-body optical image stabilisation, helping stable handheld capture but also Real-time eye AF for video. This autofocus mode from Sony will make sure the eyes of your subject are in focus, as focus when capturing 4K is critical. Further, the A6600 also sports 4K HDR video recording and both 3.5mm microphone input and headphone output.
Sony Alpha Camera Body Design
A robust magnesium alloy camera body encasing the Sony A6600 offers not only a durable profile to protect the digital goodness within, but the incorporation of dust and moisture seals to protect against harsh environments.
- Moisture and dust resistant
- Magnesium alloy body exterior
The XGA Tru-Finder OLED electronic viewfinder offers a bright, high-resolution means for eye-level monitoring while a 3.0 inch LCD touchscreen can be tilted 180° upward or 74° downward to suit working from high and low angles.
Touchscreen design avails access to Touch Focus control, for immediate focus point selection, as well as a Touchpad function which lets you smoothly and intuitively select a focus point on the screen while you're looking into the viewfinder.
- XGA OLED Viewfinder
- 180-flip touch screen LCD
Sony have upgraded the A6600 to use the improved capacity FZ100 battery first introduced with the A9 and A7RIII The included NP-FZ100 rechargeable lithium-ion is rated for 720 shots per charge when working with the viewfinder. In addition to the battery, the a6600 can also be powered via a USB connection to a computer or mobile battery. This connection can also be used to charge the battery.
- Z series battery NP-FZ100 (720 shots)
Ergonomic grip structure is ideal for long shooting sessions and facilitates easy access to the main control buttons and dials. This grip has been made slightly deeper than that of the A6500.
Sony E 18-135mm f/3.5-5.6 OSS Lens
Spanning a useful wide-angle to medium telephoto range, the E 18-135mm f/3.5-5.6 OSS from Sony is a versatile 27-202.5mm equivalent zoom for APS-C-format E-mount mirrorless cameras. Complementing the range of focal lengths is an Optical SteadyShot image stabilization system, which minimizes the appearance of camera shake for sharper handheld shooting. Also helping to produce sharper imagery is a linear autofocus motor, which delivers quick and accurate focusing performance that is also quiet to suit video recording applications. Balancing with the handling attributes, this lens also sports an intelligent optical design that uses both extra-low dispersion glass and aspherical elements to control spherical and chromatic aberrations for high sharpness and clarity throughout the zoom range.
- Versatile zoom designed for APS-C-format E-mount mirrorless cameras, this 18-135mm lens provides a 27-202.5mm equivalent focal length range.
- Two extra-low dispersion elements help to reduce color fringing and chromatic aberrations in order to produce greater clarity and color accuracy.
- One aspherical element helps to control distortion and reduce spherical aberrations for greater sharpness and accurate rendering.
- Optical SteadyShot image stabilization helps to minimize the appearance of camera shake for sharper imagery when shooting handheld with slower shutter speeds. This stabilization system can also be combined with select camera's sensor-shift type image stabilization for more effective control of camera blur.
- A linear autofocus motor provides quick and precise autofocus performance and enables accurate and silent focusing while recording videos. Additionally, a dedicated AF/MF switch allows for quick changing between focusing methods.
- Minimum focusing distance of 1.5' along with a maximum magnification of 0.29x benefit working with close-up subjects.
- Rounded seven-blade diaphragm contributes to a pleasing bokeh quality when employing selective focus techniques.
Buy Sony A6600 w/ 18-135mm Kit with Sony Australia Warranty from digiDirect
All our Sony products come with Sony Australia Warranty.
Buy with confidence from a reputable seller. digiDirect does not sell grey-import or grey-market stock.
Sony Warranty on the Sony A6600 w/ 18-135mm Kit is 2 year back to base. For more on our warranty policy please see digiDirect FAQ Warranty
- MPN - ILCE6600MB
- GTIN - 4548736108653
|Image sensor||24.2MP Exmor CMOS Sensor|
|Image processing engine||New generation BIONZ X|
|AF points phase-/contrast-detection||425/425|
|AF speed (sec.)||0.02|
|Real-time Eye AF||Yes
Right/left eye select
Animal Eye AF/movie compatible
|AF/AE tracking continuous shooting(fps)||11|
|Colour reproducibility||α7RIII, α7III equivalent|
|ISO sensitivity (extended)||32000 (102400)|
|Image stabilisation in camera||5-axis optical image stabilization|
|Movie recording||4K HDR|
|LCD monitor tilt||Up 180°
|Body exterior||Magnesium alloy|
|Battery life / no. of stills||NP-FZ100/720|
|Dimensions (From grip to monitor)||120.0 x 66.9 x 59.0mm|
|Weight (Incl. battery, media)||503g|
Sony E 18-135mm f/3.5-5.6 OSS Lens
|Filter Thread||Front: 55 mm|
|Maximum Reproduction Ratio||1:3.4|
|Focal length||18 to 135mm
Comparable 35mm Focal Length: 27 to 202.5 mm
|Angle of view||76 to 12|
|Maximum aperture||f/3.5 to 5.6|
|Minimum aperture||f/22 to 36|
|Filter size||55 mm|
|Minimum Focusing Distance||45 cm|
- Sony A6600 w/ 18-135mm Kit
- NP-FZ100 Lithium-Ion Rechargeable Battery
- Shoulder Strap
- Body Cap
- Accessory Shoe Cap
- Eyepiece Cup
- Sony E 18-135mm f/3.5-5.6 OSS Lens
- ALC-F55S 55mm Front Lens Cap
- ALC-R1EM Rear Lens Cap
- ALC-SH153 Lens Hood
- Panasonic DC-GH5 BodyDon't pay $2,148.00 $1,933.20
- Sony A7S II Mirrorless Digital Camera BodyDon't pay $3,099.00 $2,789.10
- Leica TL2 Mirrorless Camera Body - SilverDon't pay $2,889.00 $2,455.65
- Sony Alpha a9 Mirrorless Digital Camera (Body Only)Don't pay $5,249.00 $4,461.65
- Panasonic DC-GH5 Body & 12-35mm F2.8 MkII KitDon't pay $3,088.00 $2,624.80
- Leica M10 Black Camera Body (black)$10,289.00
- Leica M-P (Typ 240) Camera Body - Silver ( 10772 )Don't pay $8,899.00 $7,564.15
- Panasonic G7 Body Only - Black$729.00
- Olympus OM-D E-M1 Mark II - Black BodyDon't pay $2,199.00 $1,869.15