Free shipping on orders over $99
The SLR Magic 82mm Self-Locking Variable Neutral Density 0.4 to 1.8 Filter is a solid variable neutral density filter that is designed to mount onto lenses with 82mm front filter threads and provides an exposure reduction of 1.3 to 6 stops. The 0.4 to 1.8 density creates a darkening of the entire image, allowing you to photograph with a wider aperture or slower shutter speed than normally required. The degree of density is easily controlled by rotating the front filter ring, helping you to predetermine the additional exposure length required. By slowing your exposure time or increasing your aperture, you are able to control depth of field and convey movement more easily. For easier, repeatable control over density settings, the front ring is visually demarcated with numbers representing different density values and includes a rotation lever to further enable fast and precise positioning of the front ring. Once the front ring is rotated into a position that corresponds to the desired amount of density, the filter's rear ring can then be turned to lock the front ring into place, helping to ensure consistent exposures.
This filter is constructed from optical glass for clarity and color fidelity. It is multi-coated to prevent internal ghosting as well as reflections and also features an 86mm mount which helps to reduce the likelihood of vignetting when used with wide-angle lenses.
- Variable neutral density filter allows you to dial in differing amounts of density scene to scene.
- 0.4 to 1.8 neutral density filter darkens the image, allowing you to photograph with a longer shutter speed or wider aperture than normally required.
- Providing a reduction of 1.3 to 6 stops, this filter allows you to control depth of field and convey movement more easily.
- Offers increased flexibility to use specific ISO settings or ISO films under bright ambient light.
- Provides increased exposure flexibility while using cinema or video cameras within a designated film frame rate.
- Multi-coated, optical glass for clarity and color fidelity as well as the prevention of internal ghosting and reflections.
- Side lever allows the filter glass to be easily rotated.
- Integrated exposure locking ring prevents accidental rotation of filter glass and changes to corresponding density values.
- 86mm front mount helps to reduce the likelihood of vignetting with wide-angle lenses.
- Plastic filter case for storage and transport.
- MPN - SLR-82VND II
- GTIN - 9319499072896
|Filter Type||Variable ND|
|Circular Size||82 mm|
|Front Thread / Bayonet||86 mm|
|Density||0.4 (1.3 Stops) to 1.8 (6 Stops)|