Free shipping on orders over $99
Made to greatly simplify the process of focusing with anamorphic adapters, this SLR Magic Rangefinder Cine Adapter provides a focus range marked near to normal, industry standard focus direction, and a cine-style focus gear for your lens set up. When using most anamorphic adapters that mount to the front of your lens, focusing requires matching the distance on the anamorphic adapter and the lens itself; this can cause problems when trying to pull focus. However, when using the Cine Rangefinder, you set both your anamorphic adapter and lens to infinity and pull focus on the rangefinder.
You can use the Rangefinder Cine Adapter to provide accurate focus markings, and using the adapter minimizes the appearance of lens breathing. It mounts to lenses with 77mm front filter threads, and you can use optional step-down rings for lenses with smaller front threads. The adapter integrates a cine-style focus gear, allowing it to easily interface with a variety of optional focus accessories. It allows you to focus your lens or lens/anamorphic adapter combination from 3.5' to infinity.
- Works with SLR Magic Anamorphot adapters (1.33x50 and 2x50) to provide single gear ring focusing.
- You can use the Cine Rangefinder on lenses without an anamorphic adapter as well. This is useful when working with lenses such as Nikons, which focus in the opposite direction from cine-style lenses, or when using lenses that have neither focus gear nor reliable distance markings.
- Using the adapter allows you to minimize the effects of breathing that your lens or lens / adapter combination would ordinarily suffer from.
- Once your taking lens is properly set to infinity, the focus range is marked "Near" for close focus and "Normal" for focus further away from the lens.
- The front 82mm filter threads of the adapter rotate as you pull focus on it. This may cause unwanted optical effects when using filters such as star or polarizers.
- MPN - SLR-77RFNN
- GTIN - 9319499072773
|Dimensions||Max Diameter: 3.8" / 97 mm (approx.) |
Length: 1" / 2.54 cm (approx.)
|Weight||340 g (approx.)|
|Filter Thread||Rear: 77 mm |
Front: 82 mm