The ultra-wide Sigma AF 24mm f/3.5 DG DN Contemporary Lens For Sony E-Mount is a versatile and highly compact lens well-suited to a variety of shooting tasks. Its sleek profile makes it ideal for walkaround shooting, especially for hiking or travel landscapes, as well as street and reportage applications. Its optical design features both aspherical and low dispersion glass elements, which suppress a variety of aberrations and distortions for well-controlled and accurate rendering. Also, a Super Multi-Layer Coating helps to reduce ghosting and flare for improved colour fidelity and contrast.
With a very short minimum focus distance of around 10cm and a maximum reproduction ratio of 1:2, it enables photographers to shoot more freely, without worrying about the distance between the lens and the subject. The robust and stylish I series lens body finish brings a more satisfying shooting experience. The Sigma AF 24mm f/3.5 DG DN Contemporary Lens For Sony E-Mount is a versatile prime that will become an extension of your creative vision.
In regard to focusing, this lens uses a stepping motor for quick and quiet AF performance that suits both photo and video applications. As an I Series lens, too, this lens features a manual aperture ring and all-metal barrel constriction for enhanced tactility. Additionally, there is a rounded seven-blade diaphragm for smooth bokeh quality and the lens housing is also weather-sealed to suit working in inclement conditions.
Key Features of the Sigma AF 24mm f/3.5 DG DN Contemporary Lens For Sony E-Mount
- As part of the Contemporary line within Sigma's Global Vision series, this lens is designed to achieve a balance between convenience and performance and meshes a compact, lightweight build and versatile handling with notable optical attributes.
- I Series lens emphasizes a sleek and stylish physical design that is built to the same operational standards of Sigma's Cine lenses, including a mechanical aperture ring, knurled metal components, and various switches and tactile controls for intuitive operation.
- Modest f/3.5 maximum aperture helps to maintain an especially compact and lightweight physical profile.
- One Special Low Dispersion (SLD) element markedly reduces chromatic aberrations and colour fringing for improved clarity and colour accuracy.
- Three aspherical elements help to control distortion and spherical aberrations for a high degree of sharpness and accurate rendering.
- A Super Multi-Layer Coating has been applied to lens elements in order to minimize lens flare and ghosting and contribute to producing contrast-rich and colour-neutral imagery, even in backlit conditions.
- Maximum magnification of 1:2 pairs with a 10.8cm minimum focusing distance for unique close-up shooting capabilities.
- Integrated stepping motor realizes smooth and quiet autofocus, which is further complemented by an internal focusing design to promote greater responsiveness.
- Manual aperture ring includes an 'A' position for camera-based aperture selection.
- Rounded seven-blade diaphragm contributes to a smooth and pleasing bokeh quality.
- Brass bayonet affords improved mounting accuracy and rigidity and rubber sealing is incorporated in the mount's design to render it dust- and splash-resistant.
- Included LCF55-01M magnetic lens cap attaches directly to the front of the lens and is compatible with the optional CH-11 Lens Cap Holder.
Beautiful details and bokeh for every scene
The high resolving power of the Sigma AF 24mm f/3.5 DG DN Contemporary Lens For Sony E-Mount covers the entire image from the centre to the edges, which means photographers can rely on edge-to-edge sharpness at all apertures when shooting wide-angle scenes. With a minimum focus distance of around 10cm and a maximum reproduction ratio of 1:2, it enables photographers to explore a subject more freely, from capturing distant landscapes to photographing close-ups of smaller objects.
In addition to the attractive bokeh, it also gives photographers near-circular out-of-focus highlights, even at the edges of the frame. This helps create a close-up image of an in-focus subject with a blurred background, a technique that is very useful in a variety of settings.
The lens features the latest optical design optimized for mirrorless systems. This includes high-precision, glass-moulded aspherical elements created with advanced processing technology, and SLD glass and high refractive index glass elements. Together they make it possible to combine high optical performance with compactness. In addition, the smooth focus drive system designed around a quiet and fast stepping motor also makes the Sigma AF 24mm f/3.5 DG DN Contemporary Lens For Sony E-Mount a desirable choice for shooting video.
I Series | Premium Compact Primes for Mirrorless Cameras
A new photographic experience, carefully thought through optics, advanced functionality and premium build quality with a focus on how photographers use and enjoy their lenses. From picking it up, the feel and in use - all have been carefully considered in Sigma's new I series lenses.
The SIGMA I series features full-frame compatible lenses that offer new value to mirrorless systems. The combination of superb optical performance with a level of compactness that is perfectly suited to smaller and lighter modern mirrorless cameras will bring you new opportunities for a perfect shot.
Identity | photographic partner
The SIGMA I series takes a fresh look at what a lens is and offers a new level of user experience by ensuring that the lens is of the highest quality in every respect.
All I series lenses employ a premium feel and are made entirely out of precision-cut metal, including the rings. The superior design and build is a manifestation of the belief that the quality of the physical structure of a lens is key to the experience using it.
- Premium precision-cut all-metal construction
- Made in Japan
Instinctive | intuitive user experience
For a tool used to create art, it is important that it can respond to the intuition of the creator. For instance, the Art line lenses have done this with their outstanding optical performance. The new I series will respond to photographers’ creative intuition by being something they can and want to, take with them everywhere they go. High performance and compactness ensure the Sigma AF 24mm f/3.5 DG DN Contemporary Lens For Sony E-Mount will always be on hand when that picture-perfect moment comes along, no matter what kind of scene that may be.
- The I series’ optical design uses state-of-the-art technologies, including a mirrorless-exclusive design that takes advantage of the short flange back distance and high-precision aspherical lenses.
Iconic | fresh design
Created not to just capture beautiful imagery the I series also satisfies other senses, especially the tactile and auditory. The substantial, solid feel of the all-metal body you get when you have it in your hand. The smooth and firm movement of the focus ring. The precise click of the aperture ring and switches. And the beautifully engineered custom hood.
- Lens body luxuriously constructed in durable machined metal, similar to Sigma Cine Lenses.
- Elaborately 'knurled' lens hood operation ring with individually cut grooves for slip resistance and premium looks.
- Alumite surface treatment on matted surfaces for a finish with unique gloss and texture.
- Extreme precision-matched connecting parts.
- Reassuring aperture ring with a well-defined 'click'.
- Precise, fluid-like, well-damped focusing ring with by-wire operation.
- Laser-engraved lens-markings
- Dedicated magnetic lens cap
- Metal lens hood with a special plastic bayonet for secure and smooth attachment plus intricately engraved interior light-shielding lines and exterior 'knurling'.
Buy Sigma AF 24mm f/3.5 DG DN Contemporary Lens For Sony E-Mount with Sigma Australia Warranty from digiDirect
All our Sigma products come with Sigma Australia Warranty.
Buy with confidence from a reputable seller. digiDirect does not sell grey-import or grey-market stock.
For more on our warranty policy please see digiDirect FAQ Warranty
- MPN - 4404965
- GTIN - 0085126404659
|Lens Mount||Sony E|
|Angle of View||84.1°|
|Minimum Focus Distance||4.3" / 10.8 cm|
|Macro Reproduction Ratio||1:2|
|Optical Design||10 Elements in 8 Groups|
|Diaphragm Blades||7, Rounded|
|Filter Size||55 mm (Front)|
|Dimensions (ø x L)||2.5 x 2" / 64 x 50.8 mm|
|Weight||8.1 oz / 230 g|
- Sigma AF 24mm f/3.5 DG DN Contemporary Lens For Sony E-Mount
- Sigma LCF-55 III 55mm Lens Cap
- Sigma Rear Cap LCR II for Sony E Mount Lenses
- Sigma LCF5501M Magnetic Metal Lens Cap
- Sigma LH576-01 Lens Hood