The Sigma AF 14-24mm f/2.8 DG DN (A) F/Sony-E Mount
has been developed as the ultimate large-diameter, wide-angle zoom lens by optimizing the
standard specifications for photographing starry skies for full-frame mirrorless cameras.
The uniform rendering performance and outstanding resolution to the edge of the frame make it the “definitive lens for astrophotography.” By utilizing the characteristics of the short flange focal length, this new-generation large-diameter zoom lens combines both compact body and unprecedented high-resolution image quality.
Created for full-frame Sony E-mount mirrorless cameras, this wide-angle zoom is designed to deliver excellent image quality while optimizing size and weight. It is also suitable for APS-C models where it provides a 21-36mm equivalent focal length range.
- Constant f/2.8 maximum aperture is well-suited for working in available light conditions and provides greater control over depth of field.
- Five Special Low Dispersion (SLD) elements and one F Low Dispersion (FLD) element markedly reduce chromatic aberrations and color fringing throughout the zoom range for improved clarity and color accuracy.
- Three aspherical elements, including a large-diameter aspherical lens, control spherical aberrations and distortion for increased sharpness and accurate rendering.
- A Super Multi-Layer Coating combined with a Nano Porous Coating has been applied to lens elements in order to minimize lens flare and ghosting to a greater degree than conventional anti-reflective coatings.
- A stepping AF motor benefits both photographers and videographers with its fast, precise, and near-silent performance. Full-time manual focus control can also be selected.
- Built-in Autofocus-Lock (AFL) button can be assigned additional functions widens the range of operations available on the lens.
- Rounded eleven-blade diaphragm contributes to a smooth and pleasing bokeh quality.
- Weather-resistant construction with a brass bayonet and water- and oil-repellent lens coatings.
High-resolution image quality with exclusive low dispersion glass elements and NPC (Nano Porous Coating)
One FLD glass and five SLD glass elements arranged to suppress chromatic aberration to the edge of
Three aspherical lenses, including a large-diameter aspherical lens at the foremost surface, are used to effectively minimize coma flare and achieve mind-blowing resolution.
The Super Multi-Layer Coating is combined with a newly developed NPC (Nano Porous Coating). The lens has been designed to be less susceptible to strong incident light such as backlight.
- SIGMA’s new unique coating technology "NPC (Nano Porous Coating)" incorporates porous silica as the coating
material. The porous silica layer has nano-sized holes with air inside.
Having holes of this size enables a large reduction in the refractive index, allowing the reflectance to be lowered more than conventional anti-reflective coatings.
As a result, reflected light causing flares and ghosting is sharply reduced, achieving clear image quality.
- The 11-blade rounded diaphragm creates an attractive blur in the out-of-focus areas of the image.
- Compatible with Lens Aberration Correction for in-camera corrections of peripheral illumination, chromatic aberrations, distortion etc.
- Stepping motor for high-speed and quiet AF drive.
- AFL button can be assigned with various functions to widen the range of operations available on the lens.
- The lens features a dust- and splash-proof structure, along with a water- and oil-repellent coating on the frontmost surface of the lens.
- Rear filter holder equipped with a fall prevention lock for attaching sheet type rear filters
- High-precision, rugged brass bayonet mount.
Buy Sigma AF 14-24mm f/2.8 DG DN (A) F/Sony-E Mount with Sigma Australia Warranty from digiDirect
All our Sigma products come with Sigma Australia Warranty. Buy with confidence from a reputable seller. digiDirect does not sell grey-import or grey-market stock. Sigma Warranty on the Sigma AF 14-24mm f/2.8 DG DN (A) F/Sony-E Mount is 2 year back to base. For more on our warranty policy please see digiDirect FAQ Warranty
- MPN - 4213965
- GTIN - 0085126213657
|Lens construction||18 elements in 13 groups|
|Angle of view (35mm)||114.2-84.1°|
|Number of diaphragm blades||11 (Rounded diaphragm)|
|Minimum focusing distance||28cm / 11in.|
|Maximum magnification ratio||1:7.3|
(diameter x length)
φ3.3in. × 5.2in.
|Weight||795g / 28.0oz.|
*All figures calculated by L-Mount.
- Sigma 14-24mm f/2.8 DG DN Art Lens for Sony E
- LC850-01 Front Cap
- LCR II Rear Cap
- Lens Case