With a no-holds-barred approach to design, the Sony E-mount 105mm f/1.4 DG HSM Art Lens from Sigma is a short-telephoto, portrait-length prime distinguished by its bright maximum aperture and advanced optical layout. The fast f/1.4 design greatly benefits working in low-light conditions and also affords extensive control over depth of field for isolating subjects and working with selective focus. As part of the Art line of lenses, this lens is also designed for high-resolution rendering, and utilizes FLD and SLD glass to control chromatic aberrations and color fringing for notable clarity. A Super Multi-Layer Coating also enhances image quality by suppressing lens flare and ghosting for improved contrast and color fidelity in strong lighting conditions. Additionally, a rounded nine-blade diaphragm contributes to a pleasing bokeh quality.
Complementing the imaging capabilities, the lens sports a Hyper Sonic Motor to produce quick, smooth, and quiet autofocus performance with full-time manual focus override. The physical design utilizes Thermally Stable Composite material for durability in a wide range of environments, and a brass bayonet mount also offers rigidity and mounting precision. For working atop a tripod, a removable tripod collar is also included and features an Arca-type compatible foot for wide mounting compatibility.
- As part of the Art line within Sigma's Global Vision series, this lens is designed to achieve truly notable optical performance and is ideally suited for creative and artistic applications.
- Short-telephoto prime, this 105mm f/1.4 lens is designed for full-frame Sony E-mount DSLRs, however can also be used with APS-C models where it provides a 168mm equivalent focal length.
- Impressively bright f/1.4 maximum aperture is well-suited for working in low-light conditions and also provides greater control over the focus position when using shallow depth of field techniques.
- Three F Low Dispersion (FLD) and two Special Low Dispersion (SLD) elements are featured in the optical design, and help to reduce color fringing and chromatic aberrations for improved clarity and color accuracy.
- One aspherical element is used to help limit distortion and spherical aberrations and also contributes to greater overall sharpness and accurate rendering.
- Large 105mm-diameter front contributes to improved peripheral illumination in order to reduce vignetting.
- A Super Multi-Layer Coating has been applied to lens elements in order to minimize lens flare and ghosting and contribute to producing contrast-rich and color-neutral imagery, even in backlit conditions.
- Nine-blade rounded diaphragm contributes to a smooth and pleasing bokeh quality.
- The integrated HSM (Hyper Sonic Motor) realizes quick and quiet autofocusing, which is further complemented by an optimized AF algorithm to produce smoother focusing performance. The HSM also permits full-time manual focus control simply by rotating the focus ring at any time.
- Specialized electromagnetic aperture mechanism provides greater exposure control stability that is especially beneficial when working with fast continuous shooting rates.
- The lens is constructed using a Thermally Stable Composite (TSC) material, along with traditional metals, for greater precision and use in wide temperature variations.
- The bayonet mount is constructed from brass for ensured accuracy and durability. Additionally, rubber sealing is incorporated in the mount design to render it dust- and splash-resistant.
- Protective coating has been applied to the front element and is both water and oil-repellent to aid in cleaning.
- Included rotating tripod collar features an Arca-type compatible foot for seamless use atop a tripod or monopod. This collar can also be removed from the lens, and a protective cover takes its place, for more comfortable handheld use.
- Lens hood is constructed from a carbon fiber reinforced plastic to remain lightweight yet exceptionally durable.
- This lens is compatible with the optional Sigma USB Dock for fine-tuning different lens characteristics and updating its firmware.
- MPN - 4259965
- GTIN - 85126259655
|Lens Mount||Nikon F|
|Effective Pixels||24.2 million|
|Image Sensor||Nikon DX-format CMOS sensor|
|Type||Type G AF-P DX lens with built-in CPU and F mount|
|Aperture Range||Maximum: f/1.4|
|Camera Mount||Sony E|
|Viewfinder||Pentamirror viewfinder, approx. 95% frame coverage, approx. 0.85x magnification|
|Focal Length||70-300 mm|
|Monitor||27.5-cm/3-in., approx. 921k-dot, TFT LCD with 170 viewing angle|
|Lens Format||35mm Film / Full-Frame Digital Sensor|
|Shutter Speed||1/4000 to 30 s; Bulb; Time (Flash sync speed: X=1/200 s; synchronizes with shutter at 1/200 s or slower)|
|Minimum Focusing Distance||1 m|
|Frame advance rate||Up to approx. 5 fps, number of shots (JPEG:100, RAW:16)|
|Lens Construction||14 elements in 10 groups|
|Memory Card Type||SDXC|
|ISO Sensitivity||ISO 100 to 25600|
|Angle of View||2250-520|
|Focus Mode||Automatic (A), Continuous-Servo AF (C), Manual Focus (M), Single-servo AF (S)|
|AF - area mode||Viewfinder shooting: 11 focus points (one cross-type sensor at the center)|
|Minimum Focus Distance||1.1 m|
|Angle Of View||23.3|
|Autofocus Points||Phase Detection: 39 (9 Cross-Type)|
|AE||420-pixel RGB sensor, Scene Recognition System|
|Vibration Reduction||Yes. 4.0 stops (NORMAL mode)|
|Built-in Flash||Guide number: approx. 7/22, 8/26 with manual flash (m/ft, ISO 100, 20C/68F), lens coverage: 18 mm|
|Number of Diaphragm Blades||7 (rounded)|
|Diaphragm Blades||9, Rounded|
|LCD Screen Size||3.2“|
|Maximum Reproduction Ratio||0.22x|
|Filter Size||Front: 105 mm|
|Scene modes||6 options|
|ED glass element||1|
|Tripod Collar||Yes Removable - rotating|
|ISO Sensitivity||Auto, 100-25600|
|Special Effects mode||10 options|
|HRI lens element||No|
|Shutter Speeds||30 - 1/4000 Second , Bulb Mode|
|Retouch menus||20 options|
|Diaphragm Control||Mechanical control via exposure meter coupling lever|
|Metering Method||Center-Weighted Average Metering, Matrix, Spot Metering|
|Image processing||EXPEED 4 image-processing engine, Picture Control (Flat option and Clarity parameter added; finer adjustment in increments of 0.25, Brightness adjustment range 1.5), Active D-Lighting|
|Filter Size||58 mm|
|Dimensions (DxL)||115.9 x 131.5 mm|
|Exposure Modes||Aperture Priority, Manual, Program, Scene Modes, Shutter Priority|
|Storage media/File format||SD (Secure Digital) and UHS-I compliant SDXC memory cards/12-bit RAW, JPEG, RAW+JPEG|
|Continuous Shooting Speed||Up to 5 fps at 24.2 MP|
Up to 4 fps at 24.2 MP
Up to 3 fps at 24.2 MP
|Movie Modes||File format: MOV (Video compression: H.264/Audio: LPCM) Manual settings for movie recording Movie recording: 1080/60p, 50p, 1080/30p, 25p, 24p, 720/60p, 50p; selectable image quality (high or normal)|
|Lens Hood||HB-77 (optional)|
|White Balance||Auto, Cloudy, Direct Sunlight, Flash, Fluorescent, Incandescent, Preset Manual, Shade|
|Audio Recording||Built-in monaural microphone/monaural speaker|
|Dust Reduction System||Yes|
|HDMI||HDMI output (HDMI output is not available for 60p/50p movies), Type C HDMI connector HDMI-CEC support|
|Power Source||EN-EL14a Rechargeable Li-ion Battery, MH-24 Battery Charger|
|Dimensions||72 125 mm|
|Max Sync Speed||1 / 200 Second|
|Dimensions (WxHxD)||124 98 75.5 mm|
|Max Video Resolution||1920 x 1080p at 23.98, 25, 29.97, 50, 59.94 fps (MOV)|
1280 x 720p at 50, 59.94 fps (MOV)
|AF Drive System||Built-in lead-screw-type stepping motor|
|Shutter||Tested to 100,000 cycles|
|Video Clip Length (mins)||1920 x 1080: 29 Minutes, 59 Seconds|
|Other features||Built-in Bluetooth (SnapBridge support) Eye-Fi card compatible; remote control with front infrared receiver; Guide mode; Trim function during zoom playback, Optical VR option employed in the shooting menu; pixel defect compensation instead of Image Sensor Cleaning (airflow control system is employed)|
|Silent Wave Motor (SWM)||No|
|Audio Recording||Built-In Mic: With Video (Stereo)|
Optional External Mic: With Video (Stereo)
|Supplied accessories||EN-EL14a Rechargeable Li-ion Battery, MH-24 Battery Charger, AN-DC3 Camera Strap, BF-1B Body Cap, DK-25 Rubber Eyecup|
|Nano Crystal Coat||No|
|Connectivity||HDMI C (Mini), Micro-USB, USB 2.0|
|Dedicated accessories (optional)||ML-L3 Wireless Remote Control, UC-E20 USB Cable|
|Note||*including battery and memory card|
|A-M Switching||No (set via the cameras menus)|
|Battery||1 x EN-EL14A Rechargeable Lithium-Ion Battery Pack, 7.2 VDC, 1230 mAh|
|Dimensions (WxHxD)||4.9 x 3.8 x 2.8“ / 124.0 x 97.0 x 70.0 mm|
|Compatible accessories||HB-77 Bayonet Hood; 58 mm screw-on filters; CL-1020 Lens Case; LF-4 Rear Lens Cap|
32 to 104F (0 to 40C)
Humidity: 0 - 85%
|Filter Thread Size||Front: 105 mm|
|Dimensions(DxL)||115.9 x 131.5 mm|
|Tripod Collar||Yes Removable - rotating|
|Aperture||Maximum: f/1.4 |
|Camera Mount Type||Sony E|
|Format Compatibility||35mm Film / Full-Frame Digital Sensor|
|Angle of View||23.3|
|Minimum Focus Distance||1 m|
|Maximum Reproduction Ratio||1:8.3|
|Optical Design||17 Elements in 12 Groups|
|Diaphragm Blades||9, Rounded|
Sigma 105mm f/1.4 DG HSM Art Lens for Sony E
- Sigma 105mm f/1.4 DG HSM Art Lens for Sony E x 1
- LCF-105 III 105mm Lens Cap x 1
- Rear Cap LCR II for Sony E Mount Lenses x 1
- LH1113-01 Lens Hood x 1
- TS-111 Tripod Collar x 1
- PT-21 Protective Cover x 1
- Case x 1