Offering an ultra-wide field of view, the Samyang AF 18mm f/2.8 Sony FE Full Frame Auto Focus Super Wide is well-suited for landscape, architecture, and interior subjects, as well as being suitable for astrophotography applications. This compact lens weighs only 145g, and produces a wide field-of-view of 100° on full-frame cameras.
The rectilinear wide-angle design includes a series of aspherical, high refractive index, and extra-low dispersion elements, which reduce a variety of aberrations in order to produce well-controlled, sharp, and clear imagery. Ultra Multi-Coating has been applied to individual elements to suppress flare and ghosting for improved contrast and colour accuracy.
A linear STM motor provides fast and precise autofocusing in conjunction with Sony cameras' AF systems and manual focus override is also available for more refined control.
- Compact ultra wide-angle prime is designed for full-frame Sony E-mount mirrorless cameras, however can also be used with APS-C models where it provides a 27mm equivalent focal length.
- The f/2.8 maximum aperture helps to achieve a compact, lightweight design while remaining suitable fast enough for working in available light conditions.
- Three extra-low dispersion elements reduce colour fringing and chromatic aberrations in order to produce greater clarity and colour rendering.
- Three aspherical elements and two high refractive index elements control spherical aberrations and distortions for improved sharpness and resolution.
- An Ultra Multi-Coating has been applied to individual elements in order to reduce flare and ghosting for increased contrast and a neutral colour balance.
- The integrated linear STM autofocus motor works in conjunction with Sony cameras' focusing systems for quick, quiet, and precise AF control. Manual focus override is also available for refining your focus position.
- Internal focusing design maintains the overall lens length and prevents the front of the lens from rotating during use.
- Included lens hood helps to block stray light from causing flare and ghosting.
A Tiny, Ultra-Lightweight Lens
At 145g (excl. hood & cap), this is the most lightweight & compact lens in the current AF 18mm wide-angle segment. Without a heavy lens weighing you down, you can effortlessly photograph every precious moment.
8 Specialized Optical Elements
This prime lens contains 8 specialized elements out of 9 in total (3 aspherical, 2 high refractive, 3 low dispersion) which means a high level of sharpness, with low chromatic aberration and minimal distortion, for excellent landscape pictures, indoor shots, travel photos, and astrophotography.
Employs a Linear Stepper Motor
The lens delivers fast & stable autofocusing by using a Linear Stepper Motor. The enhanced Samyang AF turns every moment into a work of art you can experience.
A Wide-Angle Lens with Depth
With the full-frame 100° angle of view of the AF 18mm F2.8 FE, you can capture sweeping vistas in one magnificent shot. Its ability to demonstrate a broad depth and perspective enables every photographer to show off their creative side.
The Ultimate Travel Companion
With minimal size, a wide angle-of-view, and amazing definition, travellers can capture every magical vacation moment. The lens combines Samyang’s signature refinement and colour rendering, all in one lightweight lens, made for travel.
A Multi-Use Lens for Any Occasion
Whether you want to capture nature’s magnificence with a gimbal for stabilized filming, or even a drone, the AF 18mm F2.8 FE is the perfect compact lens to fulfil all your photography needs.
- MPN - 200675
- GTIN - 084438766226
|Model Name||AF 18mm F2.8 FE|
|Aperture Range||F2.8 ~ 22|
|Minimum Focusing Distance||0.25m (0.82ft)|
|Magnification Ratio||x 0.09|
|Angle of view||
|AF Motor||Linear STM|
- Samyang AF 18mm f/2.8 Sony FE Full Frame Auto Focus Super Wide
- Front Caps
- Rear Lens Caps
- Lens Hood
- Lens Case