Now with On-board Recording without the need for the transmitter to be connected to the receiver - via latest firmware update.
Rode's new version of their popular compact Rode Wireless GO Microphone System steps it up to eleven with brand new on-board recording capability and up to 200m line-of-sight transmission range.
The ultra-compact Rode Wireless Go II Dual-Channel Wireless Microphone System is now equipped to allow recording or transmission of two separate audio sources into one single dual-channel receiver and each of its two included transmitters features in-built memory for recording up to 24hrs of audio directly. 3.5mm TRS analog output, USB-C and iOS digital output ensure nearly universal compatibility with any camera, mobile device or computer.
The Rode Wireless Go II transmitters each act as clip-on microphones, featuring a high-quality in-built microphone for completely wireless operation, or they can be used as a belt pack with an external lavalier. Thanks to series IV 2.4GHz digital transmission with 128-bit encryption they deliver crystal-clear audio for any content creation application with an extended range up to 200m line of sight and also improved transmission stability in dense RF environments.
Measuring in at an ultra-compact 44mm x 45.3mm x 18.5mm at a mere 30g for the Wireless GO II transmitter (TX) and with the Wireless GO II Dual-Channel receiver (RX) only two grams heavier, this unmatched wireless mic solution is the perfect set up for content creators, interviews, filmmakers, on-camera presenters, news gatherers and vloggers. With no menus and no finicky dials, just simple power-on-and-go functionality and a bright LCD screen showing you what you need to see the Rode Wireless Go II Dual-Channel Wireless Microphone System is incredibly easy to use. While Rode's companion app Rode Central allows you to access other powerful features and extended customization.
Key Features of the Rode Wireless Go II Dual-Channel Wireless Microphone System
- Dual-channel wireless microphone system for recording two people simultaneously, perfect for interviews, filmmaking and vlogging.
- Crystal-clear audio up to 200m (line of sight).
- Series IV 2.4GHz digital transmission with 128-bit encryption optimised for extremely stable operation in dense RF environments.
- 3.5mm TRS analog output, USB-C and iOS digital output for universal compatibility with cameras, mobile devices and computers.
- Mono or stereo recording modes allows you to record each audio-channel separately or combine them in one mixed mono signal for ultimate flexibility in post-production.
- New On-board recording capability that can record up to 24 hours of audio direct to each transmitter.
- Safety channel, flexible gain control – three-stage pad, expandable to 10-stage pad.
- Complete control over all features and functions via RØDE Central app.
- In-built rechargeable lithium-ion batteries provide up to 7 hours of battery life.
- Designed and made in RØDE’s precision manufacturing facilities in Australia.
v1.5.4 Major Firmware Update | Rode Wireless Go II gets Independent On-board Recording and other New Features added
The first major firmware update for the Wireless GO II is now available, introducing a number of new features that users have been asking for. We highly recommend downloading the RODE CENTRAL app as soon as you receive your Wireless Go II from us to make sure you take advantage of the new features.
The Rode Wireless Go II new features include:
- On-board recording function without the need for the transmitter to be connected to the receiver.
- Low Sensitivity Mode (input pad) for the transmitters
- LED brightness adjustment for the transmitters
- Ability to change the functionality of the transmitter power button to either mute the input, drop a marker into the on-board recording, or deactivate the button.
New Wireless Go II On-board Recording Modes Explained
The new updated on-board recording function no longer needs the transmitter to be connected to the receiver, this essentially turns the Wireless GO II into a super-compact field recorder!
Wireless GO II is now the perfect companion when you want to record an interview, capture foley sounds on the fly, or simply record voice memos while on a shoot. The new on-board recording function will now become the default recording mode when the Wireless GO II is updated to the latest firmware via RØDE Central.
There are three different on-board recording modes to choose from via RØDE Central:
Always Recording mode*:
When this mode is activated, the transmitter will start recording audio as soon as it is switched on. It will continue recording until it is switched off, regardless of the status of the receiver. This means that you will have a continuous recording from the moment the transmitter is switched on, making this mode suitable for using the Wireless GO II as a standalone field recorder.
Backup Recording mode:
When this mode is activated, the transmitter will start recording audio when it connects to the receiver. When the receiver is switched off, the recording will stop. This means that if the signal drops out at any time or if you forget to hit record on your device, you will still have a backup recording for the period that the wireless connection was active.
Switching off the recording function means the transmitter will not record any audio. Existing recordings will remain on the unit until manually deleted using RØDE Central.
*Note that in this mode, the ‘mute’ function will not affect the on-board recording (although it will still mute the wireless transmission).
The Wireless GO II takes wireless versatility to new heights. Featuring a 3.5mm TRS analog output for plugging into cameras, plus a digital audio output via USB-C for plugging into smartphones, tablets and computers, it is perfect for content creation, filmmaking, on-camera or on-stage presentations, vlogging, YouTubing, live streaming and more.
Are you unsure if the Rode Wireless Go II Dual-Channel Wireless Microphone System will be compatible with your device?
At digiDirect, we pride ourselves on our product knowledge, and the lengths we’ll go to find our customers the gear that is right for them. Our staff are on-hand and ready to help you in any way they can! All you need do is reach out and contact us via our contact form, by giving us a call, or by visiting your local digiDirect store.
Up to 24hrs of On-Board Recording
On-board recording means you never have to worry about dropouts or audio issues again, while the flexible gain control lets you precisely tailor the output to your device. The Wireless GO II also offers the option to record each channel separately or combine the two, ensuring ultimate flexibility in post-production. Each Wireless GO II transmitter has enough internal memory to store over 24 hours of compressed audio and seven hours of uncompressed audio. When active, the recording will begin as soon as the transmitters are connected to the receiver, so you will always have a backup of your recording in case you experience dropouts or other audio issues.
When you load your files in the RØDE Central companion app, you’ll even be able to see exactly where any dropouts occurred, so you can pinpoint exactly what audio you need. Welcome to worry-free recording.
Ultra-Compact Wireless Audio
The Wireless GO II offers the same pocket-sized form factor as the original Wireless GO. The transmitters and receiver weigh less than 32g, taking up virtually no space in a camera kit bag, backpack, handbag or briefcase. It also comes supplied with a handy carry pouch to keep everything tidy and secure. The Wireless GO II's unique clip design makes it quick and easy to mount onto clothing or a camera cold shoe, mobile camera rig, boom pole, or any cold shoe accessory – ultra-compact wireless audio for any recording situation.
Capture & Deliver Broadcast Grade Sound the Easy Way
- The Wireless GO II has been designed to deliver professional-quality sound while being incredibly simple to use.
- The transmitters and receiver come auto paired, ensuring a seamless set-up process every time.
- Each transmitter features a high-quality in-built omnidirectional condenser capsule for completely wireless recording, plus a 3.5mm TRS input for plugging in a lavalier microphone.
- The Wireless GO II is also supplied with twist-and-lock furry windshields for recording in windy or adverse weather conditions.
- RØDE’s Series IV 2.4GHz digital transmission with 128-bit encryption delivers a range of up to 200m (line of sight) and is optimised for extremely stable operation in areas with a high level of RF activity, including dense urban environments, shopping malls, universities, convention centres and offices.
Unlock even more features with RØDE Central
Unlock advanced features for the Wireless GO II with RØDE Central! This easy-to-use companion app lets you set up your device preferences, access, optimise and export recordings, activate and deactivate functions, and update your firmware. It’s free to download for Mac and Windows.
Connecting your Wireless GO II to RØDE Central allows you to access a host of handy features, including a safety channel, which records a second track at -20dB in case your main audio clips, a mute lock so you never accidentally mute your transmitters and a fine gain control which expands the three-stage pad to a 10-stage pad.
Buy the Rode Wireless Go II Dual-Channel Wireless Microphone System with Rode Australia Warranty from digiDirect
All our Røde products come with Røde Australia Warranty.
Buy with confidence from a reputable seller. digiDirect does not sell grey-import or grey-market stock.
For more on our warranty policy please see digiDirect FAQ Warranty
- MPN - WIGOII
- GTIN - 698813007110
ACOUSTIC & ELECTRICAL SPECIFICATIONS
|Acoustic Principle:||Pre-polarised pressure transducer|
|Frequency Range:||50Hz – 20kHz|
|Maximum SPL (Mic):||100 dB SPL (1kHz @ 1m) dBu|
|Maximum Input Level (3.5mm):||-20dBV|
|Microphone Preamp Gain:||20dB|
|Equivalent Noise Level (A-Weighted):||22dBA|
|Power Requirements:||In-built rechargeable lithium-ion battery charged via USB 5V, 0.3A|
|Operating Time:||Up to 7 hours|
|Analog Inputs:||3.5mm TRS (lavalier microphone input)|
|Analog Outputs:||3.5mm TRS|
|Transmission Range:||200m (line of sight)|
|Computer Connectivity:||USB Type-C|
|Operating System Requirements:||macOS 10.11 above |
Windows 7 and above
|Weight (grams):||TX: 30g
|Included Accessories:||3 x SC20
1 x SC5
3 x Furry
1 x Pouch Bag
- 1x Dual Channel Wireless Receiver
- 2x Transmitters
- 3x SC20 (USB-A to USB-C)
- 1x SC5 (3.5mm TRS to TRS)
- 3x Furry Windshields
- 1x Carry Pouch