Resembling a favourite toy camera, but updated for fun instant film photography, the Classic Edition Lomography Diana Instant Square Camera merges the worlds of lo-fi photography with instant, shareable prints. Accepting INSTAX SQUARE film, this camera outputs 6.1 x 6.1 cm square images with each shot. As a Diana camera, it has the distinctive retro plastic housing, along with a removable 75mm lens that provides a 38mm-equivalent field of view for a general wide-angle look. The lens is threaded to accept optional lens attachments or filters in order to achieve telephoto, fisheye, wide-angle, or creative effects. Also, the lens has manual aperture adjustment along with zone focusing control for working as close as 1 meter away. Alternatively, the lens can be removed and an f/150 pinhole setting can be used for creative, lens-less shooting. In classic Diana fashion, there is a single 1/100 sec shutter speed setting as well as a bulb setting for making long exposures, and an unlimited number of multiple exposures can be made, too.
While formally resembling a Diana from the '60s, this instant version has also been updated with an integrated selfie mirror along with a detachable optical viewfinder for making accurate compositions. There is also a connection for attaching either of the included plugs for working with an external flash—either a hot shoe plug or the dedicated Diana flash plug for working with the included Diana Flash.
Key Features of the Lomography Diana Instant Square Camera with Flash
- Included Diana Flash can be used to provide additional illumination when working in low-light conditions.
- Accepts INSTAX SQUARE instant film to produce 6.1 x 6.1 cm square images on a 21 x 18 cm sheet.
- Removable 75mm lens offers a 38mm-equivalent field of view for a comfortable wide-angle perspective.
- Selectable f/11, f/19, and f/32 aperture settings for exposure control. Also, with the lens removed, and f/150 pinhole setting can be used for lens-less shooting.
- Accepts optional lens attachments for different focal lengths, including telephoto and fisheye options, or for achieving different image quality.
- Zone focusing control has three specific settings: 1-2 meters(3.3-6.6'), 2-4 meters(6.6-13.1'), and 4 meters(13.1') to infinity.
- Standard shutter speed of 1/100 sec is usable for available light conditions, and a bulb setting is available for long exposure shooting. Additionally, unlimited multiple exposures can be made.
- The removable optical viewfinder can be used for making accurate compositions.
- Integrated selfie mirror for making front-facing portraits.
- Two flash plugs are included—one with a hot shoe, one to support the included Diana flash—to permit working with external flashes.
- Bottom 0.63-20 tripod mount suits making long exposures.
- Requires four AAA batteries for use.