The Shimoda Explore Mirrorless Core Unit was designed for users who prefer to shoot with smaller systems built around mirrorless, rangefinder or compact DSLR cameras.
Using a unique fold-over upper rim, this Core Unit allows for a more efficient use of space which can potentially lead to a lower overall backpack profile. When using shorter cameras and lenses, the 3 cm (1.2 in.) rim folds down so you gain a little more volume out of your backpack or compress it further. This also provides an extra point of equipment protection along the Core Unit’s outer edge. When your gear requires the full Core Unit height, just fold the sides back up to the standard open-rim configuration.
The padded EVA walls and sensibly designed set of EVA dividers allow the perfect gear fit. The Mirrorless Medium Core Unit is designed to work in conjunction with our Small Core Unit, which can be positioned above or below the Medium unit to give you the same total volume as a Large Core Unit. This allows much greater flexibility for different shooting missions. The Mirrorless Medium Core Unit unit comes standard with a removable Skin.
Note: Product is shown in use for illustration only, additional equipment is not included.
Key Features of the Shimoda Explore Mirrorless Core Unit
- Mirrorless/Compact DSLR Body and Lens Fit - The Mirrorless Medium Core Unit is designed for mirrorless, rangefinder and compact DSLR camera bodies as tall as 12 cm (4.7 in) with lenses as long as 70-200mm 2.8.
- Modular Configurations - Core Units can be mixed and matched to increase or decrease camera capacity as needed. This system ensures you never carry more padding and weight than absolutely necessary to protect the day’s camera kit, and that all remaining pack space can be dedicated to clothing and personal gear.
- Lightweight Water-Resistant & Multi-purpose Skin - The included Skin’s primary function is a storage case for the padded Core Units, ideal for when your gear is at home and not in use. It keeps the Core Unit sealed and dust free. Its secondary function is to use as a packing cell. A user can fill it with clothing or other common items and pack it in their backpack or carry-on roller.
- EVA Side Walls and Dividers - Core Units are constructed with compression molded EVA sidewalls and dividers, providing high-density protection without excess weight or materials. Our one-piece construction and intelligent shapes makes insert and divider set-up easy.
- Minimalist Construction - The Jersey exterior shell and Tricot lining are laminated to the EVA. By tightening up and simplifying the design in this way, we can eliminate any sloppiness and movement with dividers. The shape of the actual divider tabs has a unique inward taper. This simple concept makes setting up and adjusting the Core Unit much easier by limiting the catching of the fastener and the pulling on the sidewall material.