Free shipping on orders over $99
Incorporating stylish design elements such as LED indicator lights on the grip and lighted camera controls, the black Pentax K-S1 DSLR Camera provides users with a compact, intuitive camera kit. At the core of the K-S1's performance is a 20-megapixel APS-C CMOS sensor and the PRIME M II Image Processing Engine which enables the capture of highly detailed images with accurate color rendition at ISO speeds up to 51200.
Inside the camera body is a variety of technologies, including a sensor-shift Shake Reduction system for capturing sharp images in less than ideal shooting conditions. The sensor also lacks an anti-aliasing filter, but can be put into a simulation mode that will recreate the effects of one for use in certain situations.
The K-S1 is very responsive with the SAFOX IXi+ 11-point autofocus sensor and the ability to capture 5.4 frames per second. This system also features 9 cross-type points in the center for increased performance. Along with fast focusing, the camera can record full HD 1080p video at up to 30 fps. This video, along with photo review and settings, is seen on the bright 3.0 inch 921k-dot TFT LCD monitor.
Additional features of the K-S1 include in-body RAW file development and HDR shooting. Also, there are enhances creative modes and filters for giving a unique look to your shots. The camera records all these images to SD cards and is compatible with both Eye-Fi and FLU cards for adding more capabilities to the camera.
- 20MP APS-C CMOS Sensor and PRIME M II Image Processor
- The combination of the 20-megapixel APS-C CMOS sensor and PRIME M II image processor is able to produce high resolution imagery with notable quality and low-light sensitivity to ISO 51200. The speed afforded by the image processor enables continuous full-resolution shooting up to 5.4 fps, a maximum shutter speed of 1/6000th of a second, and also supports full HD 1080p video capture.
- SAFOX IXi+ Autofocus System
- The SAFOX IXi+ AF system utilizes 11 focus points, including nine cross-type sensors, to quickly and accurately acquire focus using a phase-detection method. With the inclusion of an AF-assist lamp and a diffraction lens, precise focusing is possible in a wide variety of lighting conditions using single-shot or continuous focusing modes. This system also features a sensitivity range of -1 to 18 EV at ISO 100.
- In-Camera Shake Reduction Image Stabilization
- The Pentax sensor-shift type shake reduction image stabilization helps to minimize the appearance of camera shake when working with longer lenses in dim lighting conditions by up to the equivalent of three to four shutter speed steps. This helps to produce sharper overall imagery regardless of the lens in use.
- Full HD 1080p Video
- In addition to high quality still imagery, the K-S1 also supports full HD video recording up to 1080p at 30 fps. Other frame rates available include 1080p at 24 fps and HD 720p at 60, 50, 30, 25, and 24 fps. Video is recorded in the high quality H.264 AVC/MPEG-4 format and can be saved in the Internet-friendly .MOV file format. Sound can be recorded along with the video using the built-in monaural microphone.
- Other Camera Features
- A 3.0" 921k-dot LCD monitor is available for live view monitoring, image playback, and menu navigation.
- Pentax K lens mount enables the use of a wide variety of both past and present K-mount lenses as well as compatibility with a variety of lens mount adapters.
- Enhanced creative modes, scene modes, filters, and auto picture modes allow you to easily modify and adjust the overall aesthetic appearance of imagery in-camera.
- Eye-Fi and FLU memory card compatibility for wirelessly transferring imagery directly from the camera and adjusting settings remotely.
- Built-in pop-up flash with a guide no. of 32.8' at ISO 100 provides additional illumination for low-light settings and covers focal lengths as wide as 28mm.
- RAW image processing is available in camera in order to quickly and easily convert images an Internet-friendly JPEG file format.
- In-camera HDR shooting works to effectively expand the dynamic range of an image and achieve greater shadow and highlight detail.
- MPN - 6414
- GTIN - 027075278424
|Lens mount||Pentax K|
|Lens Mount||Pentax K|
|Camera Format||APS-C / (1.5x Crop Factor)|
|Pixels||Actual: 20.42 Megapixel Effective: 20.12 Megapixel|
|Effective Megapixels||20 Megapixel|
|Maximum Resolution||20 MP: 5472 x 3648|
|Max Resolution||20 MP: 5472 x 3648|
|Aspect Ratio||3:2 , 16:9|
|Sensor Size||CMOS, 23.5 x 15.6 mm|
|Sensor Size||23.5 x 15.6 mm|
|File Format||Still Images: JPEG, RAW Movies: MPEG-4 AVC/H.264|
|Memory Card Type||SDXC|
|Focus Mode||Automatic (A), Continuous-Servo AF (C), Single-servo AF (S)|
|Dust Reduction System||Yes|
|Autofocus Points||Phase Detection: 11 (9 Cross-Type)|
|Memory||SD SDHC SDXC|
|LCD Screen Size||3“|
|Focus Type||Auto & Manual|
|Focus Modes||Automatic (A), Continuous-servo AF (C), Single-servo AF (S)|
|ISO Sensitivity||Auto, 100-51200|
|Autofocus Points||Phase Detection: 11, 9 cross-type|
|Shutter Speeds||Type: Electronic|
Speed: 1/6000 - 30 Second
|Metering Method||Center-Weighted Average Metering, Multi-Zone Metering, Spot Metering|
|Exposure Modes||Aperture Priority, Auto, Bulb, Manual, Movie, Program, Scene Modes, Sensitivity Priority, Shutter Priority, Shutter/Aperture Priority|
|Viewfinder magnification||Approx. 0.95x|
|Diopter adjustment range||- 2.5 to +1.5 m|
|White Balance||Auto, CTE, Cloudy, Color Temperature, Daylight, Flash, Fluorescent (Cool White), Fluorescent (Day White), Fluorescent (Daylight), Fluorescent (Warm White), Manual, Multi Auto WB, Shade, Tungsten|
|Screen||3 inch Rear Screen LCD (921,000)|
|Dust Reduction System||Yes|
|ISO Sensitivity||Auto, 100-51200|
|Shutter||Type: Electronic Speed: 1/6000 - 30 second|
|Max Sync Speed||1 / 180 Second|
|Remote Control||Remote Control F or O-RC1 (Optional)|
|Max Video Resolution||1920 x 1080p (Full HD)|
1280 x 720p (HD)
|Metering Method||Center-weighted average metering, Multi-zone metering, Spot metering|
|Exposure Modes||Modes: Aperture Priority, Auto, Bulb, Manual, Movie, Program, Scene Modes, Sensitivity Priority, Shutter Priority, Shutter/Aperture Priority Metering Range: EV 0.0 - EV 22.0 Compensation: -5 EV to +5 EV (in 1/3 or 1/2 EV steps)|
|Video Clip Length (mins)||1920 x 1080: 30 fps, 25 fps, 24 fps|
1280 x 720: 60 fps, 50 fps
|White Balance Modes||Auto, CTE, Cloudy, Color Temperature, Daylight, Flash, Fluorescent (Cool White), Fluorescent (Day White), Fluorescent (Daylight), Fluorescent (Warm White), Manual, Multi Auto WB, Shade, Tungsten|
|Audio Recording||Built-In Mic: With Video (Stereo)|
|Flash Modes||Auto Auto/Red-eye Reduction Flash On Flash On w/ Red-eye Reduction Manual Rear Curtain/Slow Sync Slow Sync|
|Connectivity||HDMI D (Micro) (out), USB 2.0|
|Guide No.||(10 m) ISO100|
|Battery||1 x D-LI109 Rechargeable Lithium-Ion Battery Pack, 7.4 VDC, 1050 mAh|
|Max Sync Speed||1 / 180 seconds|
|Dimensions (WxHxD)||4.8 x 3.7 x 2.8“ / 12.2 x 9.4 x 7.1 cm|
|Flash Compensation||-2 EV to +1 EV (in 1/3 EV steps)|
32 to 104F (0 to 40C)
|Dedicated Flash System||P-TTL Remote Firing|
|External Flash Connection||Connection - Hot Shoe|
|Video Recording||Yes, NTSC/PAL|
|File Size||1920 x 1080p (Full HD) 1280 x 720p (HD)|
|Frame Rates||@ 1920 x 1080: 30 fps, 25 fps, 24 fps @ 1280 x 720: 60 fps, 50 fps|
|Video Clip Length||1920 x 1080 @ 30 fps: 15 min. 51 seconds @ 24 fps: 19 min. (35 MB / min.) 1280 x 720 @ 60 fps: 15 min. 51 seconds @ 50 fps: 18 min. (51 MB / min.)|
|Audio Recording||Built-in Mic: With Video, Stereo|
|Continuous Shooting||Up to 5.4 fps|
|Self-Timer||12 seconds, 2 seconds|
|Connectivity||1x USB 2.0 1x HDMI D (Micro) (out)|
|System Requirements||Windows: Vista, 7, 8, 8.1 Mac: OS X 10.6 or later|
|Battery||1x D-LI109 Rechargeable Lithium-ion Battery Pack|
|Operating/Storage Temperature||Operating 32 to 104F (0 to 40C)|
|Dimensions (WxHxD)||12.2 x 9.4 x 7.1 cm|
- Canon EOS 1DX Digital SLR Camera Body$7,073.00
- Nikon D610 Full Frame DSLR Camera Body Only - VBA430AA$1,399.00 Promotional Pricing $1,199.00
- Nikon D810 Digital SLR Camera Body$2,986.00 Promotional Pricing $2,799.00
- Nikon D500 DSLR Camera (Body Only)$3,093.00
- Nikon D750 Digital SLR Camera Body$2,649.00 Promotional Pricing $2,249.00
- Nikon D750 Digital SLR Camera and AF-S NIKKOR 24-120mm f/4G ED VR Lens$3,243.00 Promotional Pricing $2,743.00
- Canon EOS 5DS DSLR$3,247.00
- Canon EOS 760D DSLR Camera Body$954.00
- Nikon D5 DSLR Camera Body Only with Dual Compact Flash - VBA460BA$9,540.00 Promotional Pricing $9,040.00
- Nikon D5 DSLR Camera (Body Only) Dual XQD$9,540.00 Promotional Pricing $9,040.00