Free shipping on orders over $99
- 36.4MP Full-Frame CMOS Sensor
- The K-1 Mark II delivers high-quality imagery using an advanced 36.4MP CMOS sensor that is designed to create detailed images with minimal noise. Guaranteeing maximum resolution, the sensor lacks an anti-aliasing, or optical low-pass, filter though this will cause a higher chance of aliasing and moire. For situations at risk of these artifacts users can leverage an AA Filter Simulator function, which slightly moves the sensor in order to mimic the effects of a physical filter.
- PRIME IV with Accelerator Unit
- Working in concert with the image sensor is an updated 14-bit PRIME IV processing engine, which makes use of a Ricoh-developed Accelerator Unit to effectively suppress noise and reproduce fine details with high accuracy, even with high sensitivity values. This image processor and Accelerator Unit also contribute to a notable boost in sensitivity, with a top setting of ISO 819200 available, along with quick 4.4 fps continuous shooting, Full HD 1080p video recording, and a variety of other processing-intensive tasks, such as Pixel Shift Resolution and AstroTracer.
- 5-Axis In-Body Shake Reduction
- A staple of Pentax DSLRs, the K-1 Mark II is equipped with a 5-axis Shake Reduction system that can counter the effects of camera shake by up to 5 stops. This system has been optimized for the full-frame sensor and can account for yaw, pitch, and roll as well as vertical and horizontal motion of the camera. Also, due to the stabilization being incorporated into the camera body, it functions with every K-mount lens.
Pentax takes advantage of the sensor's available movement in order to develop additional features, such as the updated Pixel Shift Resolution II setting. This mode shifts the sensor in order to capture full color data on each pixel by compositing four shots. This grants exceptional clarity, lowers noise, and boosts the effective resolution to 42MP. Additionally, the K-1 Mark II also has Dynamic Pixel Shift Resolution, which allows this function to be used even when shooting handheld.
Another capability is an Image Composition Assist function, which allows you to shift the sensor up/down and left/right as well as slightly rotate it. This lets users easily adjust their composition without needing to move their camera and can be useful for delicately balanced tripod work.
- SAFOX 12 AF System
- The SAFOX 12 AF system is optimized for the full-frame image sensor and has a total of 33 AF points, of which 25 are cross-type, and three f/2.8 luminance sensors to maximize performance in all lighting conditions. The system can operate down to -3 EV using the 25 center sensors and will benefit working in dark scenes as well as extreme back-lit conditions.
- Full HD 1080p Video Recording
- In addition to standard stills capture, the K-1 Mark II is capable of Full HD video at up to 30p or 60i using H.264 compression. This enables photographers to add high-resolution motion capture to their arsenal without needing to carry another camera. Also, when shooting in HD 720p, users can shoot at up to 60p. Additionally, the camera is NTSC/PAL switchable and it is equipped with headphone and microphone jacks for high-quality audio support.
- Weather- and Dust-Resistant Body with Cross-Tilt LCD
- Durability has always been one of Pentax's strong suits, and the K-1 Mark II is no exception with a stainless-steel chassis covered in a magnesium-alloy shell that is tough and lightweight. Also, the camera is sealed in 87 places to ensure no rain or dust will take your camera out of commission. The camera is designed to handle freezing temperatures as well, with a rating down to 14°F.
The K-1 Mark II is equipped with two SDXC card slots. These can be configured for backup, splitting storage of JPEGs and raw files, or overflow when card 1 is filled. Also on the body users will find a variety of dials and buttons that will allow for quick and intuitive adjustment of settings. Along with this there are LED-illuminated body points on the lens mount, card slots, the backside of the LCD, and at the cable switch terminal that will help you operate the camera in low light.
One unique feature of the K-1 Mark II's design is the use of a 3.2" 1.04m-dot Cross-Tilt LCD. This ensures the screen remains aligned with the optical center of the camera while allowing for tilt 44° down and 90° upward as well as 35° left and right. The camera also has settings for quickly adjusting the brightness of the display to account for a variety of shooting environments.
- GPS, Compass, and AstroTracer
- With built-in GPS, shooters can automatically track their movement and position as they work with data automatically written to the image file. It can record location, facing direction, and Coordinated Universal Time while also enabling using a digital compass feature. Along with this, it can work with the Shake Reduction mechanism to activate the AstroTracer function. This system obtains location data and camera position to calculate movement of stars in the sky. The sensor is then synced with the movement in order to minimize the capture of star trails with long exposures.
- Other Camera Features
- Real-time Scene Analysis system has been upgraded to look at exposure, color, faces, movement, and more in order to automatically select the proper exposure settings for optimal image capture.
- Built-in Wi-Fi connectivity allows users to directly connect to the camera using a mobile device for image transfer and remote camera control.
- Record images in DNG raw, Pentax raw, or JPEG with selectable quality and resolutions.
- APS-C crop mode will allow full compatibility with existing APS-C format lenses.
- Aperture and shutter speed priority mode (TAv) allows you to manually select aperture and shutter speed while leaving ISO selection to the camera.
Diffraction Correction function will account for diffraction at small apertures and improve image sharpness.
- Focus peaking in video mode will assist with manual focusing.
- Language support: English, French, German, Spanish, Portuguese, Italian, Dutch, Danish, Swedish, Finnish, Polish, Czech, Hungarian, Turkish, Greek, Russian, Korean, Traditional Chinese, Simplified Chinese, and Japanese.
- MPN - 15995
- GTIN - 027075299948
|Lens Mount||Canon EF, Canon EF-S|
|Focal Length||18 - 135mm|
Comparable 35mm Focal Length: 29 - 216 mm
|Lens type||Zoom lens|
|Aperture Range||Maximum: f/3.5 - 5.6|
Minimum: f/22 - 36
|Effective Megapixels||24 Megapixel|
|Max Format size||APS-C/DX|
|Camera Mount||Canon EF-S|
|Max Resolution||6000 x 4000|
|Sensor Size||CMOS, 22.3 x 14.9 mm|
|Lens Format||Canon (APS-C)|
|Image Stabilization||Digital, 5-Way|
|Lens mount||Canon EF-S|
|Minimum Focusing Distance||1.28’ (39 cm)|
|Memory Card Type||SD, SDHC, SDXC|
|Minimum aperture||F22.0 - F38.0|
|Focus Mode||Auto & Manual|
|Angle Of View||74 20’ - 11 30’|
|Autofocus Points||Phase Detection: 33 (25 Cross-Type)|
|LCD Screen Size||3.2" Tilting LCD (1,037,000)|
|Special Elements/Coatings||Super Spectra coatings|
|Filter Size||Front:67 mm|
|ISO Sensitivity||Auto, 100-25600 (Extended Mode: 100-51200)|
|Shutter Speeds||30 - 1/8000 Second , Bulb Mode|
|Motor Type||Stepper motor|
|Metering Method||Center-Weighted Average Metering, Evaluative Metering, Partial Metering, Spot Metering|
|Dimensions (DxL)||Approx. 3.02 x 3.78“ (76.6 x 96 mm)|
|Exposure Modes||Modes: Aperture Priority, Auto, Bulb, Manual, Program, Scene Auto Selector, Sensitivity Priority, Shutter Priority, Shutter/Aperture Priority Metering Range: EV -3.0 - EV 20.0 Compensation: -5 EV to +5 EV (in 1/3 or 1/2 EV Steps)|
|Continuous Shooting Speed||Up to 4.4 fps at 36 MP for up to 17 Frames in Raw Format|
|White Balance||Auto, Cloudy, Custom, Daylight, Flash, Fluorescent (White), Shade, Tungsten|
|Dust Reduction System||Yes|
|Filter Thread||67 mm|
|Lens Hood||Canon EW-73B|
|Max Sync Speed||1 / 200 Second|
|Max Video Resolution||1920 x 1080p|
|Focus (Video)||Auto Manual Continuous Auto|
|Video Clip Length (mins)||1920 x 1080: 25 Minutes|
|Audio Recording||Built-In Mic: With Video (Stereo) Optional External Mic: With Video (Stereo)|
|Connectivity||1/8" Headphone, 1/8" Microphone, DC Input, HDMI D (Micro), USB 2.0 Micro-B, Wired Remote Port, X-Sync Socket|
|Battery||1 x LP-E17 Rechargeable Lithium-Ion Battery Pack, 7.2 VDC, 1040 mAh|
|Dimensions (WxHxD)||136.5 x 110.0 x 85.5 mm|
Pentax K-1 Mark II DSLR Camera (Body Only)
D-LI90(E) Lithium-Ion Battery (7.2V, 1860mAh)
D-BC90 Battery Charger
AC Cord for K7 Digital SLR Camera
Finder Cap ME
Hotshoe Cover FK
Body Mount Cap
Synchro Terminal 2P Cap
S-SW162 Software CD-ROM