Pairing 4K recording and an updated Micro Four Thirds sensor, the silver Panasonic Lumix DMC-GX85 is a sleek, compact mirrorless camera enabling versatile, multimedia recording. Utilizing a high resolution 16 MP Digital Live MOS sensor, along with a Venus Engine image processor, the GX85 is able to record 4K UHD movies at 30 or 24 fps, record full-resolution stills at 8 fps or 8MP stills at 30 fps, and work in difficult lighting situations with a top sensitivity of ISO 25600. Complementing the imaging capabilities is a unique Dual I.S. system that offers the use of both in-camera and in-lens image stabilization systems to effectively minimize the appearance of camera shake. The body design is also characterized by a construction that incorporates a 2.7m-dot electronic viewfinder and a tilting 3.0" 1.04m-dot rear touchscreen to suit working from a variety of angles. Offering an enhanced set of imaging features with a comfortable form factor, the GX85 is an everyday camera designed with advanced multimedia capture in mind.
Among other features, the GX85 also features built-in Wi-Fi with NFC to enable seamless wireless image transfer and remote camera control from linked smartphones or tablets.
- 16MP Digital Live MOS Sensor and Venus Engine
- An updated 16MP Digital Live MOS Micro Four Thirds sensor pairs with the Venus Engine image processor to deliver fast overall performance, a wider dynamic range, with notable image quality to suit working in a wide variety of conditions. Sensitivity ranges from ISO 200 to 25600, with the ability to extend down to ISO 100 for working in bright conditions or with longer shutter speeds. Versatile burst shooting modes also allow you to pair high continuous shooting rates with single-shot or continuous autofocus.
- 4K UHD Video Recording
- In addition to the versatile still shooting modes, the GX85 also supports recording 4K UHD (3840 x 2160) video with either 30p or 24p frames rates at 100 Mbps in the MP4 format.
- 4K Photo Modes
- Utilizing the 4K video recording capabilities, a trio of still shooting modes are available for recording continuous 8 MP stills at a 30 fps shooting rate:
- 4K Burst: Just as with video recording, this mode will allow you to continuously record 8 MP images at 30 fps for up to 29 min. 59 sec., making it ideal for instances where you need a fast frame rate in order to capture the best moment.
- 4K Pre-Burst: This mode is ideal for times when you're unsure of the critical moment to press the shutter button and will record 8 MP images at 30 fps one second prior to and one second after pressing the shutter button in order to give you 60 frames to choose from.
- 4K Burst (S/S): This mode most closely follows the 4K video recording process, and allows you to playback your video, pause at the chosen moment, and use the shutter button to mark a chosen frame from the video and save it as a single 8 MP frame.
- Dual Image Stabilization
- Helping to achieve the utmost sharpness when photographing handheld, Dual I.S. combines the GX85's sensor-shift image stabilization technology with lens-based image stabilization to compensate for a broader range of movement types to render sharper, clearer imagery. Dual I.S. requires the use of compatible Lumix lenses featuring O.I.S.
- Built-In Wi-Fi
- Built-in Wi-Fi connectivity with NFC allows for wireless image sharing and remote camera control from linked smartphones and tablets.
- Depth-From-Defocus and Starlight AF Technologies
- For accelerated autofocus performance, DFD (Depth-From-Defocus) technology is employed to quickly calculate the distance to subjects and adjust the focusing position in as little as 0.07 seconds, which enables continuous shooting up to 6 fps with continuous AF. This contrast-detection type focus method benefits both still and video recording modes, as well as subject tracking applications where subject color, size, and motion vectors are used to intelligently lock-onto the moving subjects and ensure precise focus. Additionally, supporting working in low-light conditions, a Starlight AF feature enables accurate AF performance down to -4 EV.
Benefitting manual focus operation, focus peaking is available that highlights bright edges of contrast with a colored outline for quickly recognizing your focus point, as well as Touch MF Assist for touch-to-focus operation.
- Other Camera Features
- A mechanical focal plane shutter enables a fast maximum shutter speed of 1/4000 sec. An electronic shutter function also avails a top shutter speed of 1/16,000 sec. to better enable working in bright conditions and with wider aperture settings.
- Depending on the lens in use, the included DMW-BLG10E battery provides approximately 290 shots per charge (CIPA)
- Photo Style modes: Standard, Vivid, Natural, Monochrome, Scenery, Portrait, Custom, Cinelike D, and Cinelike V.
- Creative Control modes: Expressive, Retro, Old Days, High Key, Low Key, Sepia, Monochrome, Dynamic Monochrome, Rough Monochrome, Silky Monochrome, Impressive Art, High Dynamic, Cross Process, Toy Effect, Toy Pop, Bleach Bypass, Miniature Effect, Soft Focus, Fantasy, Star Filter, One Point Color, and Sunshine.
- MPN: DMC-GX85GN-S
- GTIN: 8887549634734
|Lens Mount||Micro Four Thirds|
|Sensor||Live MOS 17.3 x 13.0mm (in 4:3 aspect ratio)|
|Lens mount||Micro Four Thirds mount|
|Effective Megapixels||16 Megapixel|
|Image Stabilization||Image Sensor Shift Type (5-axis) Dual IS compatible|
|Max Resolution||4592 x 3448|
|Monitor||3.0inch (1040k dot) LCD Touchscreen, Tilts up 80 & down 45|
|Sensor Size||17.3 x 13 mm|
|Viewfinder||LCD Live View Finder (2,765K dots). 100% field of view. 0.7x (35mm equiv.) magnification. Auto eye sensor|
|Aspect Ratio||4:3, 3:2, 16:9, 1:1|
|ISO Sensitivity||Auto/Intelligent ISO/100 (Extended)/200/400/800/ 1600/3200/6400/ 12800/ 25600|
|Memory Card Type||SD |
|Burst shooting||4K Burst: 30fps up to 29min 59sec Full-res H: 8fps (with AFS), 6fps (with AFC)|
|Focus Mode||Continuous-Servo AF (C), Flexible (AFF), Manual Focus (M), Single-servo AF (S)|
|Video Recording||AVCHD 1920x1080 50p (28Mbps), 24p (24Mbps) MP4 [4K] 3840x2160 25p (100Mbps), 24p (100Mbps)|
|Autofocus Points||Contrast Detection: 49|
|Battery Life||290 images (with H-FS12032E-K)|
|Still Recording||JPEG (DCF, Exif 2.3), RAW, MPO (with H-FT012E 3D lens)|
|LCD Screen Size||3 Rear Touchscreen Tilting Touchscreen (1,040,000)|
|Interface||USB 2.0 Micro-B, Micro HDMI, Stereo microphone|
|Recording Media||SD / SDHC / SDXC (UHS-I UHS Speed class 3 compatible)|
|ISO Sensitivity||Auto, 200-25600 (Extended Mode: 100-25600)|
|Shutter Speeds||Type: Electronic & Mechanical|
Speed: 60 - 1/4000 Second
Type: Electronic & Mechanical
Speed: 30 - 0 Minute in Bulb Mode
1/25 - 1/16000 Second in Movie Mode
Speed: 1 - 1/16000 Second
|Dimensions (WxHxD)||122 x 70.6 x 43.9mm|
|Metering Method||Center-Weighted Average Metering, Multiple, Spot Metering|
|Exposure Modes||Modes: Aperture Priority, Manual, Programmed Auto, Shutter Priority |
Metering Range: EV 0.0 - EV 18.0
Compensation: -5 EV to +5 EV (in 1/3 EV Steps)
|Continuous Shooting Speed||Up to 8 FPS|
|White Balance||Auto, Cloudy, Color Temperature, Daylight, Flash, Incandescent, Shade, White Set 1, White Set 2, White Set 3, White Set 4|
|Dust Reduction System||Yes|
|Max Sync Speed||1 / 250 Second|
|Video Clip Length (mins)||Up to 29 Min 59 Sec|
|Audio Recording||Built-In Mic: With Video (Stereo) Optional External Mic: With Video (Stereo + Mono)|
|Connectivity||, HDMI D (Micro), USB 2.0,|
|Battery||1 x DMW-BLG10E Rechargeable Lithium-Ion Battery Pack, 7.2 VDC, 1025 mAh|
|Dimensions (WxHxD)||Approx. 122 mm (W)k70.6 mm (H)k43.9 mm (D) [4.80q (W)k2.78q(H)k1.73q (D)] (excluding the projecting parts)|
|Weight||426g (inc card and battery)|
|Sensor Type||MOS, 17.3 x 13.0 mm|
- Panasonic Lumix DMC-GX85 Mirrorless Micro Four Thirds Digital Camera (Body Only, Silver)
- DMW-BLG10E Rechargeable Lithium-ion Battery
- Battery Charger
- AC Cable
- USB Cable
- Shoulder Strap
- Body Cap
- Hot Shoe Cover
- Software DVD-ROM