The Panasonic eneloop 2 x 800 mAh batteries AAA size is a Ni-MH "Low Self Discharge" batteries utilize Panasonic's advanced rechargeable battery technology allowing them to be recharged up to 2100 times
Eneloop battery cells deliver consistent power performance, maintain 70% of their charge for up to 5 years, come pre-charged by solar power (at the factory) and are ready to use out of the package. These eneloop cells also have increased storage life and extreme temperature performance down to -20°C.
Key Features of the Panasonic eneloop 2 x 800 mAh batteries AAA size
- 800mAh typical / 750mAh minimum (AAA)
- Hold up to 70% of their charge after 5 years of non-use
- Can be recharged up to 2100 times
- Pre-charged at the factory using power generated from solar energy and ready to use right out of the package
- Work in extreme temperatures down to -20°C
- Batteries can be recharged when fully or partially drained
- Ni-MH, Low Self Discharge rechargeable batteries
Eneloop is a modified Ni-MH battery
To understand the modifications done to the eneloop batteries, it helps to understand the construction of a typical Ni-MH battery.
Basic construction of Ni-MH batteries
like most other rechargeable batteries, consist of two metal stripes - the positive and negative electrode. Between these metal stripes an insulating foil, the separator, is placed. This sandwich of three layers is rolled-up to a coil and placed into a metal can, which acts as a negative pole of the battery. Before closing the can with a cap, a liquid, the electrolyte, is filled into the can. The cap contains a gas release vent, which allows to release hydrogen when the battery is overcharged. The electrical behaviour of the battery depends on the composition of the electrodes, on the separator and on the used electrolyte.
Self-discharge in Ni-MH batteries
Modern Ni-MH batteries consist of two metal stripes (anode and cathode), which are separated by a non-conductive porous plastic foil (separator). These three stripes are laid on top of each other and are wound to a coil. This coil is put in a metal can and immersed with a liquid (electrolyte). Then the metal can is closed with a cap.
How could the self-discharge be reduced?
The chemical decomposition of the cathode has been reduced substantially by the use of a new superlattice alloy. As an additional benefit, the superlattice alloy increases the electrical capacity of the battery and reduces the internal resistance, which allows higher discharge currents. Another advantage of the super-lattice alloy is that less cobalt is needed to stabilize the compounds' structure. The anode has been strengthened by another new material, which reduces the natural disaggregation. Additionally, the separator and the used electrolyte have been optimised for low self discharge of the Eneloop
Development of a highly-durable super-lattice alloy. The durability of Panasonic's original super-lattice alloy, a negative-electrode material used in Eneloop, has been enhanced by homogenizing the crystalline structure (a reduction of crystals with an irregular atomic order is irregular) as well as improving its composition (the ratio of constituent element) to reduce the deterioration of the super-lattice alloy by repeated charge and discharge
Advanced manufacturing method
Developed technology to protect the surface of the superlattice alloy. A new additive to the negative electrode material, super-lattice alloy, and a new additive coating technology was developed. By protecting the alloy surface, deterioration of the super-lattice alloy by repeated use can be reduced.
Use of strong/thin outer case. The new Eneloop adopts the same strong/thin outer case used for Panasonic's industry-leading level high-capacity AA-size rechargeable batteries, the Ni-MH 2700 Series. This improves the internal cell space efficiency and optimizes the balance of battery components, leading to an increase in the number of times a battery can be recharged.
- MPN - BK-4MCCE/2BA
- GTIN - 8887549556272
|Size (Diameter) x (Height)||1.0 (d) x 4.4 (h) cm|
- Panasonic Eneloop 2 x 800 mAh batteries AAA size
- Panasonic eneloop Pro 4 x 950 mAh batteries AAA size$36.95Earn 185 Qantas Points
- Panasonic Eneloop 4 x 800 mAh batteries AAA size$29.95Earn 150 Qantas Points
- Panasonic Evolta Premium AAA 4pk$8.50Earn 43 Qantas Points
- Jupio Rechargeable AAA Batteries 850 mAh DIRECT POWER$17.95Earn 90 Qantas Points
- Panasonic DECT Phone Replacement Batteries, AAA 2 pk 700mAh$9.95Earn 50 Qantas Points
- Panasonic EVOLTA AAA - BLISTER 20PK$24.95Earn 125 Qantas Points
- Panasonic EVOLTA AAA -BLISTER 2PK$4.95Earn 25 Qantas Points
- Panasonic EVOLTA AAA - BLISTER 8PK$13.95Earn 70 Qantas Points