The Panasonic eneloop 2000 mAh batteries AA Ni-MH "Low Self Discharge" batteries utilize Panasonic's advanced rechargeable battery technology allowing them to be recharged up to 2100 times
eneloop battery cells deliver consistent power performance, maintain 70% of their charge for up to 5 years, come pre-charged by solar power (at the factory) and are ready to use out of the package. These eneloop cells also have increased storage life and extreme temperature performance down to -20°C
Key Features of the Panasonic eneloop 2 x 2000 mAh batteries AA size
- 2000mAh typical / 1900mAh minimum (AA)
- Hold up to 70% of their charge after 5 years of non-use.
- Can be recharged up to 2100 times
- Pre-charged at the factory using power generated from solar energy and ready to use right out of the package.
- Work in extreme temperatures down to -20° C.
- Batteries can be recharged when fully, or partially drained.
- Ni-MH, Low Self Discharge rechargeable batteries.
This eneloop is a Ni-MH battery. To understand the modifications done to the eneloop batteries, it helps to understand the construction of a typical Ni-MH battery
Ni-MH batteries, like most other rechargeable batteries, consist of two metal stripes - the positive and negative electrode. Between these metal stripes an insulating foil, the separator, is placed. This sandwich of three layers is rolled-up to a coil and placed into a metal can, which acts as negative pole of the battery.
Before closing the can with a cap, a liquid, the electrolyte, is filled into the can. The cap contains a gas release vent, which allows to release hydrogen, when the battery is overcharged. The electrical behaviour of the battery depends on the composition of the electrodes, on the separator and on the used electrolyte.
Modern Ni-MH batteries consist of two metal stripes (anode and cathode), which are separated by a non-conductive porous plastic foil (separator). These three stripes are laid on top of each other and are wound to a coil. This coil is put in a metal can and immersed with a liquid (electrolyte). Then the metal can is closed with a cap.
The chemical decomposition of the cathode has been reduced substantially by the use of a new superlattice alloy. As an additional benefit the superlattice alloy increases the electrical capacity of the battery and reduces the internal resistance, which allows higher discharge currents. Another advantage of the super-lattice alloy is that less cobalt is needed to stabilize the compounds' structure.
The anode has been strengthened by another new material, which reduces the natural disaggregation. Additionally the separator and the used electrolyte have been optimised for low self discharge of the eneloop.
Which changes have been made for the new eneloop?
The technological difference between the "old" and the "new" eneloop is, that the super-lattice-alloy of the "new" eneloop has been even more improved.
Development of a highly-durable super-lattice alloy The durability of Panasonic original super-lattice alloy, a negative-electrode material used in eneloop, has been enhanced by homogenizing the crystalline structure (a reduction of crystals with an irregular atomic order is irregular) as well as improving its composition (the ratio of constituent element) to reduce the deterioration of the super-lattice alloy by repeated charge and discharge
Advanced manufacturing method
Developed technology to protect the surface of the super-lattice alloy a new additive to the negative electrode material, super-lattice alloy, and a new additive coating technology was developed. By protecting the alloy surface, deterioration of the super-lattice alloy by repeated use can be reduced.
The new eneloop adopts the same strong/thin outer case used for Panasonic industry-leading level high-capacity AA-size rechargeable batteries, the Ni-MH2700 Series. This improves the internal cell space efficiency and optimizes the balance of battery components, leading to an increase in the number of times a battery can be recharged.
- MPN - BK-3MCCE/2BA
- GTIN - 8887549556173
|Battery Voltage||1.2 v|
|Battery Charge (mAh)||2000 mAh|
|Battery Type||AA Batteries|
- Panasonic eneloop 2 x 2000 mAh batteries AA size
- Panasonic Eneloop Smart and Quick Charger - BQ-CC55 with 4x 2000 mAh batteriesDon't pay $52.95 $45.01Earn 90 Qantas Points
- Panasonic Eneloop Pro 4 x 2550 mAh batteries AA sizeDon't pay $27.95 $23.76Earn 48 Qantas Points
- Panasonic Evolta Premium AA 4pkDon't pay $5.50 $4.68Earn 9 Qantas Points
- Jupio Alkaline AA Batteries LR6, 4 packDon't pay $4.95 $3.71Earn 7 Qantas Points
- Jupio Rechargeable AA Batteries 2700mAh, 4 packDon't pay $18.95 $14.21Earn 28 Qantas Points
- Jupio Rechargeable AA Batteries 2100 mAh DIRECT POWERDon't pay $16.00 $12.00Earn 24 Qantas Points
- Jupio Rechargeable AA Batteries 2500 mAh DIRECT POWER PLUSDon't pay $18.00 $13.50Earn 27 Qantas Points
- Jupio Lithium AA Batteries 4 PackDon't pay $19.95 $14.96Earn 30 Qantas Points