Sporting a classic design and sleek form factor, the black OM-D E-M10 Mark II from Olympus is a mirrorless Micro Four Thirds digital camera featuring refined stills and movie recording capabilities to suit working in a variety of day-to-day environments. A high-resolution 16.1MP 4/3 Live MOS sensor pairs with the TruePic VII image processor to facilitate up to 8.5 fps shooting and full HD 1080p/60 movie recording, with a top sensitivity of ISO 25600. In-camera 5-axis image stabilization compensates for up to 4 stops of camera shake to benefit working in difficult lighting conditions and a FAST AF system employs 81 contrast-detection areas for quick, accurate performance with dedicated subject tracking modes. The retro-themed body incorporates a range of assignable function buttons and dials, as well as a 2.36m-dot OLED electronic viewfinder and 3.0 inch 1.04m-dot tilting touchscreen LCD for clear image monitoring and playback. Besides the handsome appeal of the E-M10 Mark II's design, its main assets lie in its versatility of shooting functions and performance to benefit photographers and videographers alike.
Benefited by the range of imaging capabilities, the E-M10 Mark II also incorporates a variety of shooting modes to suit working in various situations. A Silent Mode utilizes an electronic shutter for perfectly quiet picture-taking, with shutter speeds up to 1/16,000 sec. available. Live Bulb and Live Time modes are well-suited to creative long exposure photography and a dedicated Live Composite mode lets you watch a long exposure gradually build up during the course of the shot. Built-in Wi-Fi allows you to pair the camera with your smartphone or tablet for wireless sharing and remote camera control, and an interval shooting mode can be used to produce in-camera 4K time lapse movies.
- 16.1MP Live MOS Sensor and TruePic VII Image Processor
- Featuring a 16.1MP 4/3 Live MOS sensor, along with the TruePic VII image processor, the E-M10 Mark II is capable of recording high-resolution stills and full HD 1080p video with sensitivity to ISO 25600. The processing speed also avails a top continuous shooting rate of 8.5 fps in full-resolution, with the ability to record up to 22 12-bit raw files in a single burst or 36 JPEGs. When working at a slower, 4 fps shooting rate, you are able to record infinite bursts for the capacity of your memory card.
- In-Camera 5-Axis Image Stabilization
- In-body, sensor-shift image stabilization helps to minimize the appearance of camera shake by up to 4 stops with any lens in use and compensates for camera movements that become especially noticeable when working with telephoto shots, macro imagery, and long exposures. Furthermore, this unique image stabilization system works across five axes to compensate for vertical angle rotation, horizontal angle rotation, horizontal shift, vertical shift, and rolling camera shake movement. This range of detected movements serves to benefit traditional still image shooting as well as movie recording and working with moving subjects more effectively. Additionally, image stabilization can also be used when framing shots, for more accurate compositions, by half-pressing the shutter button.
- Body Design
Characterized by a compact, lightweight design, the E-M10 Mark II features a classically-styled body design with a black leatherette wrap and black metal finish.
For manual, direct control over drive modes and programmable function settings, three dials are positioned on the top panel and feature a knurled finish for easier adjustment.
The large, 0.62x equivalent magnification OLED viewfinder features a 2.36-million dot resolution and covers 100% of the frame for accurate composing in a variety of lighting conditions and working situations. The EVF also allows you to pre-visualize any creative effects or exposure adjustments prior to shooting.
An alternative to the viewfinder, the camera also features a 3.0 inch 1.04m-dot tilting touchscreen monitor. The monitor can tilt 85° upward, for low-angle shooting, and 45° downward, for high-angle shooting. The touchscreen design also avails direct control when navigating the menus, reviewing images, and choosing focus points or other shooting controls.
When working with the EVF, the AF Targeting Pad feature allows you to trace your thumb along the touchscreen to intuitively move the focus point while shooting.
A trio of Fn (Function) buttons can be assigned specific controls for quick adjustment or access to your most oft-used settings.
A built-in pop-up flash can be used for additional illumination or a top hot shoe is also available for optional external flashes. When using the built-in flash, the top sync speed is 1/250 sec. and with an external flash, the top sync speed is 1/200 sec.
- FAST AF System and Focus Controls
- The FAST contrast-detection autofocus system employs 81 areas to quickly and accurately acquire focus on both moving and stationary subjects. Both face and eye-detection modes can also be used for precise tracking of subjects, and single and continuous focusing modes can also be employed. When working with manual focus, a manual focus assist function can magnify the image for easily identifying sharp focus and a peaking function can be used, too, for quickly determining in-focus areas in the scene based on colored, highlighted lines of contrast.
- OM-D Movie
- Full HD 1080p video recording is supported in a variety of frame rates up to 60 fps in ALL-I or IPB compressions, with a maximum bit-rate of 77 Mbps. In addition to standard video recording, high-speed video recording is also supported at 120 fps in 640 x 480 resolution. A dedicated clips feature is ideal for sharing short movies in preset times of 1, 2, 4, and 8 second durations, with the ability to extend limits by re-pressing the record button.
Sound is recorded during movies using the built-in stereo microphone, and a wind noise reduction tool can be used for cleaner sound. Also, the microphone volume can be limited during recording.
- Other Camera Features
Built-in Wi-Fi connectivity allows you to pair the E-M10 Mark II with a smartphone using the Olympus Image Share app for wireless image sharing and remote camera control.
The included BLS-50 rechargeable lithium-ion battery provides approximately 320 shots per charge under normal conditions, or up to 750 shots per charge with Quick Sleep Mode.
Interval shooting is possible for up to 999 sequential frames, with 1 second to 24 hour intervals, and automatic time lapse processing can save your individual images into a movie for playback. Time lapse movies can also be saved at 4K resolution for greater detail and resolution.
A dedicated Silent Mode utilizes and electronic shutter for quiet, undetectable shooting. When working in this mode you have a range of shutter speeds from 1/16,000 to 60 seconds.
Live Bulb and Live Time settings can be used to produce creative long exposure imagery. Live Bulb lets you hold the shutter open for up to one minute and Live Time lets you press the shutter button once to open the shutter and then press again within a minute to end the exposure.
Live Composite is a unique long exposure mode that allows you to gradually build up an exposure over time without overexposing key elements within the frame. This mode works to only record newly detected light sources over time, and allows you to watch as an image develops, making it ideally suited for photographing star trails or other moving light sources.
A two-axis electronic level helps to ensure consistently level horizons and plumb verticals.
Keystone Compensation allows you to correct for convergence when working in live view.
A multi exposure mode blends two frames using an auto gain to maintain a controlled exposure value.
Photo Story lets you capture sequential shots of a scene from varying angles, and then composite them into a single image. When working in this mode, you can record sequential images by sliding a finger across the screen, zoom in or out between two photos, apply unique frames or borders, or arrange multiple images in different compositions.
Scene Select modes can be used to optimize camera settings based on the scene conditions at hand, and include Portrait, e-Portrait, Landscape, Landscape + Portrait, Sport, Hand-held Starlight, Night scene, Night + Portrait, Children, High Key, Low Key, DIS mode, Macro, Nature Macro, Candle, Sunset, Documents, Panorama, Fireworks, Beach & Snow, Fisheye Conv., Wide Conv., Macro Conv., Panning, and 3D.
Art Filters are available for creatively adjusting the look of your imagery, and include Pop Art, Soft Focus, Pale & Light Color, Light Tone, Grainy Film, Pinhole, Diorama, Cross Process, Gentle Sepia, Dramatic Tone, Key Line, Watercolor, Vintage, and Partial Color. Art Effects can also be used to further enhance photos' appearance, including Soft Focus Effect, Pinhole Effect, White Edge Effect, Frame Effect, Star Light Effect, Blur Effect, B&W Effect, Picture Tone Effect, and Shade Effect.
Language support: English, French, German, Spanish, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Traditional Chinese, Simplified Chinese, Russian, Czech, Dutch, Danish, Polish, Portuguese, Swedish, Norwegian, Finnish, Croatian, Slovenian, Hungarian, Greek, Slovakian, Turkish, Latvian, Estonian, Lithuanian, Ukrainian, Serbian, Bulgarian, Romanian, Indonesian, Malay, and Thai.
- MPN - V207050BA000
- GTIN - 050332189911
|Lens Mount||Micro Four Thirds|
|Sensor Type||4/3inch Live MOS Sensor|
|Megapixels||Effective Pixels16.1 million and Total Pixels17.2 million|
|Effective Megapixels||16.1 Megapixel|
|Max Resolution||4608 x 3456|
|Dust Reduction System||Super Sonic Wave Filter|
|Sensor Size||MOS, 17.3 x 13 mm|
|Processor||Olympus TruePic VII|
|Image Stabilization||Sensor-Shift, 5-Way|
|Focus Modes||Single AF (S-AF) / Continuous AF (C-AF) / Manual Focus (MF) / S-AF + MF / AF tracking (C-AF + TR)|
|Memory Card Type||SDHC|
|Image Stabilization||5-Axis In Body Image Stabilization|
|Focus Mode||Continuous-servo AF (C), Manual Focus (M), Single-servo AF (S)|
|Focus System||F.A.S.T. AF (Contrast Detection)|
|Autofocus Points||Contrast Detection: 81|
|Viewfinder||2.36M dot OLED Electronic Viewfinder|
|Monitor||3.0inch Tilting Touch LCD|
|LCD Screen Size||3“|
|Flash||Built-in Pop Up Flash|
|Features||4K Timelapse Movie, Focus Bracketing|
|ISO Sensitivity||Auto, 200-25600 (Extended Mode: Auto, 100-25600)|
|Shutter Type||Computerized focal-plane, high-speed, mechanical shutter|
|Shutter Speeds||Type: Electronic & Mechanical|
Speed: 60 - 1/4000 Second
Type: Electronic & Mechanical
Speed: .5 - 1 Minute in Bulb Mode
Speed: 60 - 1/16000 Second
|Shutter Speed||1/4000 - 60 sec. (1/3, 1/2, or 1EV steps selectable), 1/16000 1/8 sec. Silent Electronic Shutter, Bulb/Time: default setting 8min. (1/2/4/8/15/20/25/30 min. selectable)|
|Metering Method||Center-Weighted Average Metering, Multi-Zone Metering, Spot Metering, Highlight Weighted|
|Self-Timer||Operation time: 12 sec., 2 sec.,custom (Waiting time 1-30sec.,Shooting interval 0.5/1/2/3sec.,Number of shots 1-10|
|Exposure Modes||Aperture Priority, Art Filter, Bulb, Intelligent Auto, Manual, Program Shift, Programmed Auto, Scene Selection, Shutter Priority, Time, Underwater|
|Viewfinder magnification||Approx. 100% / Approx. 1.08x*1 - 1.23x*2 (-1m-1, 50mm lens, Infinity) *1: at Finder Style 1, 2 (aspect 4:3) *2: at Finder Style 3 (aspect 4:3)|
|Continuous Shooting Speed||Up to 8.5 fps at 16.1 MP for up to 36 Frames|
Up to 4 fps at 16.1 MP for up to Frames
|Viewfinder Eye Point||Approx. 19.2mm (-1m-1, Distance from rear lens surface) / -4 ~ +2m-1|
|White Balance||Auto, Custom|
|Level Gauge||2-axis level gauge; horizontal /vertical|
|Dust Reduction System||Yes|
|Eye Cup||Optional eyecup EP-16 is available|
|Tilt||Upward tilting angle: up to 85 degrees, Downward tilting angle: up to 45 degrees|
|Max Sync Speed||1 / 250 Second|
|Live View||Approx. 100% field of view, Exposure compensation preview, WB adjustment preview, Gradation auto preview, Face detection preview (up to 8 faces), Grid line, Histogram, Magnification display (x5/x7/x10/x14), Normal, Highlight & Shadow, Level Gauge, Off|
|Field of View||Approx. 100%|
|Focus (Video)||Auto & Manual|
|Exposure Metering||Digital ESP metering (324-area multi pattern metering), Center weighted average metering, Spot metering, Spot metering with highlight control, Spot metering with shadow control (TTL Image sensor metering)|
|Video Clip Length (mins)||Up to 29 Min|
|Metering Range||EV -2 - 20 (at normal temperature, 17mm f2.8, ISO 100)|
|Audio Recording||Built-In Mic: With Video (Stereo)|
|Exposure Modes||iAuto, P: Program AE (Program shift can be performed), A: Aperture priority AE, S: Shutter priority AE, M: Manual, Bulb, Time, Scene select AE, Art Filter, Underwater wide / macro|
|Connectivity||HDMI D (Micro), USB 2.0|
|ISO Sensitivity||Auto: ISO LOW (approx. 100) - 25600 (customizable, default ISO LOW - 1600); Manual: ISO LOW (approx. 100) - 25600 in 1/3 or 1 EV ISO steps|
|Exposure compensation||Still photo 5 EV, movie 3 EV in 1/3, 1/2, 1 EV steps selectable *HDR shooting, monitor and EVF displays only up to 3 EV|
|Battery||1 x BLS-50 Rechargeable Lithium-Ion Battery Pack, 7.2 VDC, 1175 mAh|
|Built-in Flash||TTL Flash, GN=5.8 (ISO100m) / GN= 8.2 (ISO200m)|
|Dimensions (WxHxD)||4.7 x 3.3 x 1.8“ / 119.5 x 83.1 x 46.7 mm|
|Flash Modes||Flash Auto, Redeye, Fill-in, Flash Off, Red-eye Slow sync.(1st curtain), Slow sync.(1st curtain), Slow sync.(2nd curtain), Manual 1/1 FULL 1/64|
14 to 104F (-10 to 40C)
Humidity: 30 - 90%
|White Balance Modes||Auto WB, 7 Preset WBs, 4 Capture WBs, Custom WB(Kelvin setting)|
|HDMI||Micro HDMI Type-D)|
|Wi-Fi||Built-in (IEEE 8.02.1b/g/n)|
|Battery||BLS-50 Li-ion battery (included)|
|Battery Life||Approx. 320 shots [IS ON, CIPA test standard] (with BLS-50 and TOSHIBA super high-speed Class 6 SDHC 4GB card) Approx. 750 shots (using BLS-1 and TOSHIBA SD with IS ON and Quick Sleep Mode ON, based on Olympus testing using CIPA test standards)|
|Dimensions (WxHxD)||119.5 x 83.1 x 46.7mm|
|Operating Temperature||0 ~ +40 (operation) / -20 ~ +60 (storage)|
|Operating Humidity||30 - 90% (operation) / 10 - 90% (storage)|
- Olympus OM-D E-M5 MKII Pro Kit ED 12-40mm f/2.8 - Silver$1,588.00 Promotional Pricing $1,349.80
- Panasonic G7 Twin Kit with 14-42 and 45-150mm - Black BodyBonus $50 Eftpos gift card via redemption$948.00
- Olympus OM-D E-M5 MKII Pro Kit ED 12-40mm f/2.8 - Black$1,588.00 Promotional Pricing $1,349.80
- Olympus OM-D E-M5 MKII Adventure Kit ED 14-150mm F4-5.6 II Lens - Silver$1,348.00 Promotional Pricing $1,145.80
- OM-D E-M10 Mark II Black Body | 14-42mm EZ and 40-150mm R Black Lenses$998.00 Promotional Pricing $848.30
- Olympus OM-D E-M5 MKII Micro Four Thirds Digital Camera Body - Silver$888.00 Promotional Pricing $754.80
- Olympus OM-D E-M5 MKII Micro Four Thirds Digital Camera Body - Black$888.00 Promotional Pricing $754.80
- OM-D E-M10 Mark II Silver Body | 14-42mm EZ & 40-150mm R Black Lenses$998.00 Promotional Pricing $848.30
- Sony Alpha a6000 Mirrorless Digital Camera with 16-50mm Lens (Black)$848.00 Promotional Pricing $720.80
- Sony Alpha a5100 Mirrorless Digital Camera with 16-50mm Lens (Black)$705.00 Promotional Pricing $599.25