Free shipping on orders over $99
Sleek and stylish, the PEN E-PL9 from Olympus is a Micro Four Thirds mirrorless camera defined by its versatile imaging capabilities and variety of in-camera creative controls. Using a 16.1MP Live MOS sensor and TruePic VIII image processor, a quick continuous shooting rate of 8.6 fps benefits working with moving subjects while a top sensitivity of ISO 25600 suits working in low-light conditions. Beyond stills shooting, UHD 4K30p video recording is also supported along with high-speed HD 720p120 recording for slow-motion playback. Benefitting both photo and movie applications, a 121-area FAST autofocus system is both quick and accurate, and works in conjunction with the rear touchscreen for touch-to-focus control. Additionally, 3-axis sensor-shift image stabilization is also featured to reduce the appearance of camera shake by 3.5 stops for sharper handheld shooting.
Beyond the imaging capabilities, the E-PL9 also distinguishes itself through its stylish exterior, which integrates a compact right hand grip, clean lines, a comfortable black leatherette wrap, and a foil stamped Olympus logo on the front. Matching intent of the opulent exterior, the camera is also configured for the selfie enthusiasts out there, with the inclusion of a 3.0" 1.04m-dot 180° tilting touchscreen LCD. For easier control when making front-facing portraits, Touch Shutter lets you simply tap to focus and shoot and a variety of in-camera Art Filters can also be applied to creatively enhance the look of your images. Additionally, the camera is also fitted with built-in Wi-Fi and Bluetooth for wireless image sharing and remote camera control from a linked smartphone or tablet.
- 16.1MP Live MOS Sensor and TruePic VII Image Processor
- Featuring a 16.1MP Live MOS sensor, along with the same TruePic VIII image processor featured in the flagship OM-D E-M1 Mark II, the E-PL9 is capable of recording high-resolution stills and UHD 4K30p video with sensitivities up to ISO 25600. The processing speed also avails a full-resolution continuous shooting rate of 8.6 fps, a 4.3 fps shooting rate when working with the anti-shock electronic first curtain shutter, and a 14.1 fps rate when working in silent sequential mode.
- FAST Autofocus System
- Benefitting both stills and video, a contrast-detection focusing method employs 121 AF areas across the entire sensor to quickly and accurately acquire focus. Aptly named, FAST (Frequency Acceleration Sensor Technology) is able to home in on subjects using single-shot or continuous focusing methods, as well as AF tracking to benefit working with moving subjects. In addition, there is Face Detection/Eye Detection AF which prioritizes focus on a subject's face and eyes.
When working with manual focus, focus peaking is available to simplify attaining precise sharpness, which is especially useful when using selective focus or shallow depth of field techniques.
- 3-Axis Sensor-Shift Image Stabilization
- In-body sensor-shift image stabilization helps to minimize the appearance of camera shake by up to 3.5 stops with any lens in use. Furthermore, this unique image stabilization system works across three axes and compensates for vertical and horizontal shifts (yaw and pitch) as well as camera shake along the optical axis (roll). This range of detected movements suits both stills and video recording, and electronic image stabilization can also be used to further benefit video recording.
Body Design and Wireless Connectivity
- A large 3.0" 1.04m-dot touchscreen LCD is available for intuitive control over image composition, settings, and playback, and the screen also has an 80° upward, 180° downward tilting design for making front-facing selfies, or just working from a variety of angles.
- The touchscreen enables the Touch Shutter function for simply tapping on the screen to both focus and release the shutter.
- The exterior of the camera body is wrapped in a black leatherette for a traditional feel and the Olympus PEN logo has been foil stamped on the front of the camera body.
- Built-in pop-up flash provides additional illumination when working in low-light conditions. A hot shoe can also accommodate an optional external flash.
- The included BLS-50 rechargeable lithium-ion battery provides approximately 350 shots per charge.
- Built-in Wi-Fi and Bluetooth permit seamlessly connecting a smartphone or tablet to the camera, which then enables you to wirelessly share imagery and remotely control the camera.
- M.Zuiko Digital ED 14-42mm f/3.5-5.6 EZ Lens
- Included with the camera is the versatile M.Zuiko Digital ED 14-42mm f/3.5-5.6 EZ Lens, which provides a 28-84mm equivalent focal length range in a compact, pancake style. Three aspherical elements have been incorporated into the lens' design to help reduce spherical aberrations throughout the zoom range and also contribute to high image sharpness and clarity. The lens is designated as MSC (Movie & Still Compatible), making it ideal for video recording due to its quick and near-silent focusing performance.
- Other Camera Features
- An anti-shock shooting mode lets you use an electronic first curtain shutter, in conjunction with a 60-1/320 sec shutter speed range, to reduce vibrations when shooting atop a tripod or other support.
- Digital ESP metering uses a 324-area multi pattern metering area, along with center-weighted average and spot metering modes, for accurate exposure metering control.
- Advanced Photo Modes: Live Composite, Live Time, Multiple Exposure, HDR Backlight, Silent, Panorama, Keystone Compensation, AE Bracketing, and Focus Bracketing
- Scene Select AE modes: Portrait, e-Portrait, Landscape + Portrait, Night + Portrait, Children, Night scene, Hand-Held Starlight, Fireworks, Light trails, Sport, Panning, Landscape, Sunset, Beach & Snow, Backlight HDR, Panorama, Candlelight, Silent, Macro, Nature Macro, Documents, and Multi Focus Shot.
- Picture Modes: i-Enhance, Vivid, Natural, Muted, Portrait, Monotone, Custom, e Portrait, Underwater, and Art Filters.
- Photo Story mode lets you shoot a scene from different viewpoints, then compile these individual images into a single frame.
- Live Composite Mode lets you record a long exposure, between 1/2 to 60 seconds, and watch the exposure build in real-time for more accurate long exposures.
- Interval shooting is supported for up to 999 sequential frames with 1 second to 24 hour intervals. Finished shoots can then be automatically compiled into a time-lapse movie.
- Multiple Exposure mode lets you record two sequential frames over one another with auto gain for a balanced overall exposure.
- Movie Effects: One Shot Echo, Multi Echo, Art Fade, and Old Film.
- Live Guide is a simple graphical menu for adjusting color saturation, color value, brightness, background blur, and how motion is portrayed, and can also display helpful shooting tips.
- Art Filters: Pop Art, Soft Focus, Pale & Light Color, Light Tone, Grainy Film, Pin Hole, Diorama, Cross Process, Gentle Sepia, Dramatic Tone, Key Line, Watercolor, Vintage, Partial Color, Bleach Bypass, and Instant Film.
- MPN - V205092BA010
- GTIN - 9338518001402
|Lens Mount||Micro Four Thirds|
|Effective Megapixels||16.1 Megapixel|
|Max Resolution||4608 x 3456|
|Sensor Size||17.3 x 13.0 mm|
|Image Stabilization||Sensor-Shift, 3-Way|
|Memory Card Type||SD |
|Focus Mode||Continuous-servo AF (C), Manual Focus (M), Single-servo AF (S)|
|Autofocus Points||Contrast Detection: 121|
|LCD Screen Size||3“|
|ISO Sensitivity||Auto, 200-25600 (Extended Mode: 100-25600)|
|Shutter Speeds||Type: Electronic & Mechanical|
Speed: 60 - 1/4000 Second
Type: Electronic & Mechanical
Speed: .5 - 1 Minute in Bulb Mode
Speed: 60 - 1/16000 Second
|Metering Method||Average Metering, Center-Weighted Average Metering, Spot Metering|
|Exposure Modes||Modes: Aperture Priority, Art Filter, Custom, Intelligent Auto, Manual, Photo Story, Program, Scene Selection, Shutter Priority, Underwater |
Metering Range: EV -2.0 - EV 20.0
Compensation: -5 EV to +5 EV (in 1/3 EV Steps)
|Continuous Shooting Speed||Up to 8.6 fps at 16.1 MP for up to 13 Frames in Raw Format |
Up to 4.8 fps at 16.1 MP for up to 14 Frames in Raw Format
Up to 8.6 fps at 16.1 MP for Unlimited Frames
|White Balance||Auto, Custom|
|Dust Reduction System||Yes|
|Max Sync Speed||1 / 250 Second|
|Video Clip Length (mins)||Up to 29 Min|
|Audio Recording||Built-In Mic: With Video (Stereo)|
|Connectivity||HDMI D (Micro), USB 2.0 Micro-B|
|Battery||1 x BLS-50 Rechargeable Lithium-Ion Battery Pack, 7.2 VDC, 1175 mAh|
|Dimensions (WxHxD)||4.6 x 2.7 x 1.5“ / 117.1 x 68.0 x 39.0 mm|
|Focus Type||Auto & Manual Focus|
|Video Recording||Yes, NTSC|
|Aspect Ratio||4:3, 16:9|
|Camera Format||Micro Four Thirds (2x Crop Factor)|
|Display Screen||3" Rear Touchscreen Tilting LCD (1,040,000)|
|Self Timer||12 Seconds, 2 Seconds |
Custom: 1 - 30 Seconds at 0.5-, 1.0-, 2.0-, 3.0 Second Intervals
Number of Shots: 1 - 10
|External Flash Connection||Hot Shoe|
|Dedicated Flash System||TTL|
|Flash Compensation||-3 EV to +3 EV (in 1/3, 1/2 or 1 EV steps)|
|File Formats||Still Images: JPEG, RAW |
Audio: Linear PCM (Stereo), WAV
|Diaphragm Blades||5, Rounded|
|Filter Size||Front: 37 mm|
|Optical Design||8 Elements in 7 Groups|
|Minimum Focus Distance||19.99 cm|
|Aperture||Maximum: f/3.5 - 5.6 |
|Focal Length||14 - 42mm |
Comparable 35mm Focal Length: 28 - 84 mm
|Angle of View||75 - 29|
Olympus PEN E-PL9 BLACK w.14-42mm EZ
- Olympus PEN E-PL9 BLACK x 1
- M.Zuiko Digital ED 14-42mm f/3.5-5.6 EZ Lens (Silver) x 1
- BLS-50 Lithium-Ion Battery (7.2V, 1175mAh) x 1
- BCS-5 Lithium-Ion Battery Charger x 1
- Camera Case x 1
- Shoulder Strap x 1
- SD Memory Card x 1
- USB Cable x 1
- Olympus OM-D E-M5 MKII Pro Kit ED 12-40mm f/2.8 - Silver$1,677.00 Promotional Pricing $1,599.00
- Sony Alpha a7 Full-Frame Mirrorless Camera Body$1,258.00 Promotional Pricing $1,069.30
- Sony Alpha a6000 Mirrorless Digital Camera with 16-50mm Lens (Black)$848.00 Promotional Pricing $720.80
- OM-D E-M10 Mark II Black Body$645.00
- Olympus OM-D E-M5 MKII Adventure Kit ED 14-150mm F4-5.6 II Lens - Silver$1,398.00 Promotional Pricing $1,299.00
- Olympus OM-D E-M5 MKII Micro Four Thirds Digital Camera Body - Silver$1,010.00 Promotional Pricing $999.00
- Panasonic G7 Body Only - Black$655.00
- Sony a7 Single Kit with FE 28-70mm f3.5-5.6 OSS Lens$1,448.00 Promotional Pricing $1,230.80
- Leica M-E (Typ 220) Camera$6,399.00
- Sony a7R II Full-Frame Mirrorless Camera BodySony Bonus $100 Eftpos Card
PURCHASE THIS SONY LENS AND RECEIVE $100 EFTPOS CARD
TO REDEEM PLEASE GO TO WWW.SONY.COM.AU/EFTPOSGIFTCARD$2,645.00 Promotional Pricing $2,248.25
- Olympus OM-D E-M5 MKII Micro Four Thirds Digital Camera Body - Black$1,010.00 Promotional Pricing $999.00
- Sony Alpha a7 II Mirrorless Digital Camera (Body Only)Sony Bonus $200 Eftpos Card
PURCHASE THIS SONY PRODUCT AND RECEIVE $200 EFTPOS CARD
TO REDEEM PLEASE GO TO WWW.SONY.COM.AU/EFTPOSGIFTCARD$1,698.00 Promotional Pricing $1,443.30
- Sony Alpha a5100 Mirrorless Digital Camera with 16-50mm Lens (Black)$705.00 Promotional Pricing $599.25
- Olympus OM-D E-M5 MKII Pro Kit ED 12-40mm f/2.8 - Black$1,677.00 Promotional Pricing $1,599.00