The Olympus ED 150-400mm F4.5 TC1.25x IS PRO Lens is a super-telephoto zoom lens characterized by its impressive versatility, built-in teleconverter, and relatively sleek design for handheld use. Built for Micro Four Thirds cameras, this zoom offers a 300-800mm equivalent focal length range, which can be extended even further using the integrated 1.25x teleconverter for an effective 1000mm equivalent focal length. The constant f/4.5 maximum aperture affords consistent illumination throughout the zoom range and is reduced slightly to f/5.6 when the teleconverter is in use. Additionally, a series of specialized low dispersion and high refractive index elements help to reduce a variety of aberrations throughout the zoom range in order to achieve high clarity and sharpness. A Z Coating Nano has been applied, too, which controls flare and ghosting for higher contrast and accurate colour rendering in strong lighting conditions.
Complementing the huge zoom range is an apt image stabilization system that compensates for camera shake in order to deliver sharp photos and videos. This system can also work in conjunction with camera-based stabilization, via Sync IS, for even more powerful stabilization to suit working at the extreme ends of the zoom range. The lens also has an integrated tripod collar for balanced support when shooting from a tripod and, as a PRO lens, it sports a weather-sealed design that is dust-, moisture-, and freeze-resistant for working in inclement conditions.
Key Features of the Olympus ED 150-400mm F4.5 TC1.25x IS PRO Lens
- Super-telephoto zoom is designed for Micro Four Thirds mirrorless cameras and provides a 300-800mm-equivalent focal length range.
- Built-in 1.25x teleconverter allows you to instantly extend your reach to 187.5-500mm (or 375-1000mm equivalent) simply by flipping a toggle switch. Since the teleconverter is integrated within the lens housing, it is optically matched to the lens for improved imaging performance and also fully maintains the lens's weather sealing.
- Constant f/4.5 maximum aperture, without the teleconverter in position, offers consistent illumination throughout the zoom range. When the 1.25x teleconverter is engaged, the maximum aperture is effectively f/5.6.
- Advanced optical construction includes one EDA (extra-low dispersion aspherical) element, four Super ED (extra-low dispersion) elements, two ED elements, two HR (high refractive index) elements, and one HD element. These specialized elements help to reduce various aberrations, colour fringing, and distortion in order to realize high sharpness, accurate rendering, and vivid clarity.
- Z Coating Nano has been applied to individual elements to minimize lens flare and ghosting for improved contrast and colour fidelity when working in strong lighting conditions.
- Optical image stabilization minimizes the appearance of camera shake to suit handheld shooting applications and 5-axis Sync IS is also supported to reap the benefits of camera-based sensor-shift IS for even more robust stabilization.
- Movie & Still Compatible (MSC) autofocus system benefits both photo and video applications due to its smooth, quiet, and fast performance.
- Focus hold buttons are featured on the lens barrel for intuitive tactile control and rapid access to settings.
- L-Fn (function) switch can be used for lens-based activation of select preset settings modes.
- Built using magnesium alloy and carbon fibre components, the lens weighs in at just 4.1 lb and measures 4.6 x 12.4", making it suitable for handheld use.
- Dust-, freeze-, and drip-proof design ensure the lens' performance in inclement and harsh conditions. Also, the lens body has a heat-resistant finish and the front lens element sports a fluorine coating for easier cleaning and resistance to smudging and fingerprints.
- Rounded nine-blade diaphragm produces a smooth bokeh quality.
- Tripod collar provides well-balanced support when working from a monopod or tripod and permits quick switching between horizontal and vertical shooting orientations.
- Compatible with optional MC-14 1.4x and MC-20 2.0x Teleconverters for even greater reach.
High-Resolution Zoom Lens Enabling 1000mm Equivalent Shooting
A lavish, 28 elements in 18 groups lens construction, including a newly developed large-diameter EDA lens and four Super ED lenses, effectively reduced flares and colour bleeding across the entire zoom range, and ensures superb resolution to the edges of the Image.
Olympus original Z Coating Nanotechnology has been employed to provide sharp, clear image quality, even in difficult shooting environments, such as backlit scenes. The lens body features a built-in 1.25x teleconverter, maintaining high optical performance while enabling up to 1000mm equivalent handheld super-telephoto shooting.
The optional M.Zuiko Digital 1.4x Teleconverter MC-14 and M.Zuiko Digital 2x Teleconverter MC-20 are also supported. When paired with the MC-20, this lens is capable of up to an impressive 2000mm equivalent super-telephoto shooting. This lens features a closest focusing distance of 1.3 m across the entire zoom range and close-up shooting performance with a maximum image magnification of 0.57x1, which increases to 0.71x when using the built-in teleconverter, for true tele-macro shooting enjoyment.
Compact, Lightweight Design with Superb Weather-Resistant Performance
Use of optimal materials in each area of the lens helps maintain strength and precision while achieving a compact, lightweight design with a length of 314.3 mm and weight of 1875gm.
The lens barrel is designed using magnesium alloy and the lens hood uses lightweight carbon fibre to ensure that the centre of gravity of the lens does not shift toward the end when the lens hood is used.
Pairing this lens with the superb dustproof, splashproof, and freezeproof performance of the Olympus OM-D E-M1X makes it possible to continue shooting in punishing environments such as rain and snow with peace of mind. Compared with the black coating on conventional lenses, the heat-resistant coating on this model efficiently reflects the infrared rays of sunlight, keeping temperatures inside the lens from rising, even in extreme hot weather, for stable optical performance. The front element of the lens features a fluorine coating to provide a smooth and scratch-resistant surface and easier cleaning for better maintenance.
World’s Strongest 5-Axis Sync Is Up To 8 Shutter Speed steps of Compensation and Fast, High-Precision AF
This lens supports 5-axis sync IS, and at 300mm equivalent achieves the world's strongest 8 shutter speed steps of image stabilisation, and at 1000mm equivalent achieves up to 6 shutter speed steps of image stabilisation when using the built-in teleconverter.
The powerful image stabilisation is also available, even in the super-telephoto range, up to 2000mm equivalent, when paired with the optional MC-20 Teleconverter. High image quality hand-held shooting is possible, making it perfect for motorsports and nature photography. Olympus original high-precision lens thinning technology makes the focusing lenses lightweight, enabling fast, high-precision focusing across the entire zoom range.
Buy Olympus ED 150-400mm F4.5 TC1.25x IS PRO Lens with Olympus Australia Warranty from digiDirect
All our Olympus lenses come with Olympus Australia Warranty.
Buy with confidence from a reputable seller. digiDirect does not sell grey-import or grey-market stock.
For more on our warranty policy please see digiDirect FAQ Warranty
- MPN - V315060BU000
- GTIN - TBA
|Focal Length||150 to 400mm (35mm Equivalent Focal Length: 300 to 800mm)|
|Lens Mount||Micro Four Thirds|
|Format Compatibility||Micro Four Thirds|
|Angle of View||8.2° to 3.1°|
|Minimum Focus Distance||4.27' / 1.3 m|
|Maximum Magnification||0.12 to 0.29x|
|Optical Design||28 Elements in 18 Groups|
|Diaphragm Blades||9, Rounded|
|Tripod Collar||Fixed and Rotating|
|Filter Size||95 mm (Front)|
|Dimensions (ø x L)||4.6 x 12.4" / 115.8 x 314.3 mm|
|Weight||4.1 lb / 1875 g|
- Olympus ED 150-400mm F4.5 TC1.25x IS PRO Lens
- Olympus LC-115 Lens Cap
- Olympus LR-2 Rear Lens Cap
- Olympus LH-115 Lens Hood
- Olympus LSC-1642 Lens Case
- Olympus CSS-P121 Lens Strap