Take in the horizon with the world’s shortest and lightest ultra wide-angle f/2.8 lens, the NIKKOR Z 14-24mm f/2.8 S Lens. Achieve a wider range of expression and witness a high level of sharpness, detail, colour and contrast thanks to the NIKKOR Z 14-24mm f/2.8 S’s incredible rendering capabilities. Great for nature lovers and urban explorers, this S-Line lens covers an extensive focal range that makes it perfect for capturing a variety of subjects and scenes for either stills or video, especially as it weighs in at only approximately 650g.
Achieve high image quality with lower sensitivities and enjoy the freedom of using faster shutter speeds to control subject blur, even in darker environments, with the lens’ constant maximum aperture of f/2.8 throughout the entire 14mm to 24mm zoom range. With the Z mount system’s large diameter and short flange focal distance, experience superior resolution all the way to the extreme edges of the frame.
Key Features of the NIKKOR Z 14-24mm f/2.8 S Lens
- Constant f/2.8 maximum aperture offers consistent performance throughout the zoom range and also benefits working in difficult lighting conditions and using selective focus techniques.
- Three aspherical elements are used to reduce spherical aberrations and distortion in order to realize sharp imagery with accurate rendering.
- Four extra-low dispersion elements greatly reduce colour fringing and chromatic aberrations throughout the zoom range in order to produce greater clarity and colour rendering.
- ARNEO and Nano Crystal Coats are used to prevent ghosting, reflections, and flare in order to realize improved contrast and clarity when working in strong lighting and backlit conditions.
- Stepping motor offer impressively smooth and quiet autofocus performance that is well-suited to both stills and video applications.
- Programmable Control Ring is, by default, set to adjust manual focus, but can also be used to control aperture or exposure compensation.
- Integrated OLED lens information panel allows you to quickly confirm aperture setting, focus distance, and depth of field figures right on the lens in both bright and dark situations.
- Assignable L.Fn button works in conjunction with camera-based Fn buttons to provide a seamless point for quickly changing exposure settings and other functions.
- Specialized electromagnetic aperture mechanism provides greater exposure control stability that is especially beneficial when working with fast continuous shooting rates.
- Rounded nine-blade diaphragm promotes a pleasing out of focus quality that benefits the use of shallow depth of field and selective focus techniques.
- Dust- and moisture-resistant lens barrel benefits the lens' use in inclement conditions.
- When the included HB-97 Lens Hood is attached, 112mm threaded filters can be used on the front of the lens. The rear of the lens also incorporates a slot for inserting cut gels and other filter sheets.
Faithfully reproduce what you see in the world around you. Whether you’re capturing starscapes or nightscapes, effectively control sagittal coma flare, even at maximum aperture, with the adoption of three aspherical elements with four aspherical surfaces.
Deliver sharper resolution without colour fringing, especially in landscapes, with the four ED glass elements that also effectively reduces axial chromatic aberration. Shoot stunning sunrises and sunsets in all their glory with outstanding backlight resistance, thanks to the Nano Crystal Coat and ARNEO Coat that effectively suppresses ghosting and flares regardless of which direction the light enters the lens.
- 16 elements in 11 groups including:
- 4 ED elements,
- 3 aspherical elements,
- elements with Nano Crystal and ARNEO coatings,
- and a fluorine-coated front lens element
Silent STM Autofocus
Be confident when it comes to making movies and shoot in the same edge-to-edge quality as you do with photos. An autofocus (AF) mechanism using a stepping motor (STM) and a buttonless control ring makes this lens quieter than ever for the ultimate shooting experience during events.
User-friendly & Tough Design
Feel a sense of familiarity and be in control with functionality and layout similar to previous models, so you can focus on capturing your scenes. Supporting two types of filters, the conventional screw-on and rear gel, as well as two lens hood options for direct filter attachment and regular lens hood, means this lens can easily adapt to your needs. An easy-to-read information panel displays information such as aperture value, shooting distance and depth of field, making it great for when it’s mounted on a tripod. Customise as you please with the lens function (L-Fn) button that allows you to quickly access your preferred modes.
Easily adjust a variety of functions for an all-round smooth and comfortable user experience with the multipurpose control ring. Plus, if you’re moving across multiple lighting environments during your shoot, like from indoors to outdoors, the precise aperture control and consistent stable exposure control (AE) from the lens’ electromagnetic aperture mechanism effectively stabilises exposure during continuous shooting.
Dust and Drip-resistance*
Don’t be afraid to take this lens on your adventures. Enhanced durability with superior dust and drip-resistant performance, this lens is well sealed against the elements. Effectively repelling any fouling or potential contaminants, the fluorine coating applied to the outer surface of the lens element makes cleaning a breeze.
Buy NIKKOR Z 14-24mm f/2.8 S Lens with Nikon Australia Warranty from digiDirect
All our Nikon products come with Nikon Australia Warranty.
Buy with confidence from a reputable seller. digiDirect does not sell grey-import or grey-market stock.
For more on our warranty policy please see digiDirect FAQ Warranty
*The lens is not guaranteed to be dust- and drip-resistant in all situations or under all conditions.
- MPN - JMA711DA
- GTIN - 018208200979
|Type||Nikon Z mount|
|Focal length||14 – 24 mm|
|Maximum aperture||f/ 2.8|
|Minimum aperture||f/ 22|
|Lens construction||16 elements in 11 groups (including 4 ED elements, 3 aspherical elements, elements with Nano Crystal and ARNEO coats, and a fluorine-coated front lens element)|
|Angle of view||FX format: 114° to 84° DX format: 90° to 61°|
|Focal length scale||Graduated in millimeters (14, 15, 16, 18, 20, 24)|
|Focusing system||Internal focusing system|
|Minimum focus distance||0.28 m ( 0.92 ft) from focal plane at all zoom positions|
|Maximum reproduction ratio||0.13 x (24 mm focal length)|
|No. of diaphragm blades||9 ( rounded diaphragm opening )|
|Aperture range||f/2.8 to 22|
|Coating||Nano Crystal Coat, Fluorine coat, ARNEO coat|
|Filter slot||Located at rear of lens|
|Dimensions||Approx. 88.5 mm/3.5 in. maximum diameter x 124.5 mm/5 in. (distance to end of lens from camera lens mount flange)|
|Weight||Approx. 650 g (1 lb 7 oz)|
- NIKKOR Z 14-24mm f/2.8 S Lens
- LC-Z1424 Lens Cap (front cap)
- LC-K104 Lens Cap (front cap)
- LF-N1 Lens Cap (rear cap)
- HB-96 Lens Hood
- HB-97 Lens Hood
- CL-C2 Lens Case