The Canon ST-E3-RT Speedlite Transmitter can help you take full advantage of all the features on Canon's Speedlite 600EX-RT and 430EX III-RT flashes. The ST-E3-RT makes complex lighting setups simple by facilitating radio-controlled, two-way wireless transmission up to 30 m away, among up to five groups or fifteen individual Speedlites. It has controls similar to the Speedlite 600EX-RT, including multiple flash metering options, and a variety of flash modes. Compact design with highly reliable construction combined with a clearly laid-out information panel and buttons with backlighting makes this an indispensable tool for advanced professional flash photography. The ST-E3-RT represents the next generation in wireless flash systems.
Note: Because it does not have an optical transmission function, the Speedlite Transmitter ST-E3-RT is not compatible with earlier Speedlite models such as 580EX II.
Key Features of the Canon ST-E3-RT Remote Flash Control Transmitter
- A newly-designed wireless system uses 2-way radio wave communication for enhanced communication among master and slave units. Achieves a transmission distance of up to 30 m, all at a 360-degree angle.
- Up to 5 groups or 15 individual flashes can be controlled via 1 transmitter.
- Supports E-TTL II flash, manual flash, stroboscopic, and auto external flash metering.
- Dot-matrix LCD panel displays all pertinent information simultaneously and a backlit control panel means easy operation.
- 8 types of custom functions, 3 types of personal functions.
- Improved hot shoe contacts for more reliable information transmission and operation.
- Slave operation confirmation
- Not compatible with earlier Speedlite models such as 580EX II
Green Light Lit
Radio Transmissions Okay
Red Light Lit
Transmission Error/ Too many units
Receiving remote release shooting, linked shooting signal
Orange Light Lit
- MPN - STE3RT
- GTIN - 013803142488
|Type||Radio transmissions wireless Speedlite transmitter|
|Flash Ratio Control||Ratio control: 1:8 - 1:1 - 8:1, power 1/2-stop increments|
|Transmission Range||Approx. 30m|
|Battery Type||AA LRG Alkaline Batteries x 2 (Ni-MH and Lithium batteries can also be used)
Battery Life: Approx. 10 hours continuously when using AA/LR6 alkaline batteries (At a room temperature of +23°C ).
|Dimensions||0.74x 0.54 x 0.3 cm|
|Weight||0.11 Kg excluding battery|
|Coverage||Flash coverage: Transmission Angle: 360 all around|
|Receiver Unit SE Model Cancellation||The test flash button can be pressed to test if the receiver units fire or cancel the auto power-off status.|
|Flash Exposure Confirmation||Flash exposure confirmation lamp lights in green|
|Sync Speed||High-Speed Sync provided (EOS-1D X and EOS 5D Mark III only)|
|Compatibility||Type-A EOS cameras (E-TTL II/E-TTL autoflash)|
- Canon ST-E3-RT Remote Flash Control Transmitter
- Soft Case