The Nikon R1C1 Wireless Close-Up Speedlight System (a.k.a. Macro Kit A) is a macro flash solution for i-TTL capable cameras that do not feature a built-in flash (e.g. D2X, D2H/D2Hs, F6). The kit is fully compatible with the Nikon Creative Lighting System and Advanced Wireless Lighting system when used with compatible cameras and/or flashes.
The kit's main components consist of the SX-1 Attachment Ring that attaches to the lens filter treads via an adapter ring (included), two SB-R200 wireless macro flash heads, and the SU-800 Commander Unit. The SX1 accommodates up to eight SB-R200 Speedlights off camera, and up to four on camera.This solution enables excellent close-up lighting control with exceptional flexibility and innovative options.
Key Features of the Nikon R1C1 Close Up Speedlight Commander Kit
- Supports the Nikon Creative Lighting System (CLS) and compatible CLS cameras
- Built-in target light and AF Illuminator allows for proper position of Speedlight on the subject as well as autofocus operation in low light situations
- Accurate i-TTL flash control achieved through flash exposure monitoring control
- Can be set to one of three Speedlight Groups (A,B and C)
- Offers four independent channels for competitive shooting environments
- Auto FP High-Speed Sync; use with fast shutter speeds achieves effective blurring of out-of-focus background elements
- FV lock holds flash value, enabling recomposition prior to shooting
- Flash head tilts down (toward the optical axis) to 60° with click stops at every 15°, or up to 45° (in the opposite direction) with click stops at every 15°
Note:* as of April 2020
- When using the SU-800 with cameras not compatible with i-TTL flash control, only close-up flash operation (using cords) is possible when used with the optional TTL Cord SC-30.
- The built-in Speedlights of the D200, D70s or D70 serve as the system's Master controller. Or, for non i-TTL cameras, the SC30 sync cord can be used for off-camera control.
- The SX-1 Attachment Ring can accept up to eight SB-R200s and can be attached to a tripod for remote lighting.
- MPN - FSA906CA
- GTIN - 018208048038
|Guide No.||10.06 m ISO100 at 24 mm position|
|Coverage||Angle of Coverage: 78|
|Recycle Time||Approximately 5 - 6 seconds|
|Wireless||Two SB-R200 Wireless Remote Speedlights
One SU-800 Wireless Speedlight Commander
|Power Source||CR123A Lithium Battery|
|Dimensions (WxHxD)||7.9 x 7.6 x 5.6 cm|
- Nikon R1C1 Close Up Speedlight Commander Kit