Covering a versatile range of ultra-wide-angle focal lengths, the Canon EF-mount Tamron SP 15-30mm f/2.8 Di VC USD G2 enhances this wide zoom with sophisticated optics, focusing, and image stabilization. Helping to realize sharp, clear imagery, the optical design incorporates aspherical and low dispersion glass elements to reduce both spherical and chromatic aberrations throughout the zoom range. A trio of coatings AX, eBAND, and BBAR have also been applied to suppress lens flare and ghosting for improved contrast and colour rendering when working in bright and backlit conditions.
Benefitting the optical assets, performance and handling are enhanced through the use of dual MPUs (Micro-Processing Unit), which ensure fast and reliable image stabilization and autofocus. Vibration Compensation accounts for up to 4.5 stops of camera shake, to result in sharper images when shooting handheld at slower shutter speeds. Conversely, a USD motor provides quick and quiet autofocus performance as well as full-time manual focus override. Additionally, the lens body is weather-sealed and moisture resistant, and the front element features a protective fluorine coating to guard against dust and smearing.
Key Features of the Tamron SP 15-30mm F/2.8 Di VC USD G2 - Canon
- Ultra-wide zoom is designed for full-frame Canon EF-mount cameras, however, can also be used with APS-C models where it provides a 24-48mm equivalent focal length range.
- Bright f/2.8 constant maximum aperture affords consistent brightness throughout the zoom range, and benefits working in difficult lighting conditions.
- Three LD (low dispersion) elements are featured in the optical design to noticeably limit colour fringing and chromatic aberrations for improved clarity and colour fidelity.
- Two glass-moulded aspherical elements and one XGM (eXpanded Glass Molded Aspherical) element help to reduce spherical aberrations and distortion throughout the zoom range to deliver notable sharpness and accurate rendering.
- An AX coating has been to the convex surface of large, curved elements and both eBAND and BBAR coatings have also been applied to individual elements to suppress ghosting and lens flare for improved contrast and colour accuracy when working in strong lighting conditions.
- VC image stabilization helps to minimize the appearance of camera shake by up to 4.5 stops for more effective handheld shooting in difficult lighting conditions.
- An Ultrasonic Silent Drive autofocus motor delivers quick and precise focusing performance to suit working with moving subjects. This motor also affords full-time manual focus control, and it is possible to focus on subjects as close as 28 cm away.
- Dual dedicated MPUs (Micro-Processing Unit) are used one for autofocus, one for VC to ensure fast, responsive focusing and stabilization performance.
- A moisture-resistant construction benefits this lens' use in inclement conditions and a fluorine coating has also been applied to the front lens element to protect against dust, dirt, and smearing.
- Rounded nine-blade diaphragm contributes to a pleasing bokeh quality.
- Integrated rear filter holder permits working with cut gel-type filters.
- Compatible with optional TAP-in Console for fine-tuning select focusing adjustments and for updating lens firmware.
- MPN - TM-A041E
- GTIN - 4960371006574
|Focal Length||15 to 30mm|
|Lens Mount||Canon EF|
|Angle of View||110° 32' to 71° 35'|
|Minimum Focus Distance||11.02" / 28 cm|
|Optical Design||18 Elements in 13 Groups|
|Diaphragm Blades||9, Rounded|
|Filter Size||Gel Filter (Rear)|
|Dimensions (ø x L)||3.87 x 5.71" / 98.4 x 145 mm|
|Weight||2.44 lb / 1110 g|
- Tamron SP 15-30mm F/2.8 Di VC USD G2 - Canon
- Front Lens Cap
- Rear Lens Cap for Canon EOS Lenses
- Lens Pouch