The Sigma AF 8-16mm F4.5-5.6 DC HSM Lens in EF-S Mount has an equivalent angle of view of a 12-24mm lens when used on digital camera with an APS-C size image sensor. Sigma's new FLD glass elements, which have the performance equal to fluorite glass, compensate for color aberration. One hybrid aspherical lens and two glass mold elements give excellent correction for distortion and astigmatism.
An inner focusing system produces high definition images throughout the entire zoom range and the Super Multi-Layer Coating reduces flare and ghosting while superior peripheral brightness ensures high contrast images throughout the entire zoom range.
HSM ensures quiet and high speed AF as well as full-time manual focus capability. It has a minimum focusing distance of 9.4 inches throughout the entire zoom range which allows photographers to emphasize the subject by creating exaggerated perspectives.
This lens has a compact construction with an overall length of 4.2 inches and a maximum diameter of 2.9 inches and is perfect for shooting landscape photography, architecture, building interiors, photojournalism, wedding photography, group pictures and more. New from Sigma, the pioneer of ultra wide-angle lenses.
- A DC series lens designed exclusively for use with smaller chip APS-c or 4/3 cameras
- HSM (Hyper-Sonic Motor) ensures a quiet & high-speed auto focus
- FLD glass elements with performance equal to fluorite glass for compensate for color aberration
- One Aspherical lens and two glass mold elements
- Produces images with exaggerated perspective with its wide angle view from 121.2º
* Vignetting will occur if the lens is used with digital cameras with image sensors larger than APS-C size or 35mm SLR cameras.
* AF will not function with Pentax ist* series and K100D DSLR cameras that do not support HSM.
* Filters cannot be attached to this lens.
*The appearance, specifications, and the like of the product may be subject to change for improvement.
|Focal Length||8 - 16mm|
|Lens type||Zoom lens|
|Aperture Range||Maximum: f/4.5 - 5.6 |
|Max Format size||APS-C/DX|
|Camera Mount||Canon EF-S|
|Lens Format||Canon (APS-C)|
|Lens mount||Canon EF, Nikon F (DX), Pentax KAF, Sony Alpha, Sigma SA|
|Minimum Focusing Distance||9.4“ (23.88 cm)|
|Angle Of View||114.5 - 75.7|
|Motor Type||Ring-type Ultrasonic|
|Dimensions (DxL)||Approx. 3.0 x 4.2“ (7.62 x 10.67 cm)|
|Focal Length||8 to 16mm|
Comparable 35mm Focal Length: 12.8 to 25.6 mm
|Dimensions(DxL)||75 x 105.7 mm|
|Filter Thread Size||None|
|Aperture||Maximum: f/4.5 to 5.6|
|Camera Mount Type||Canon EF|
|Angle of View||121.2 to 83.2|
|Minimum Focus Distance||24 cm|
|Maximum Reproduction Ratio||1:7.8|
|Optical Design||15 Elements in 11 Groups|
Sigma 8-16mm f/4.5-5.6 DC HSM Ultra-Wide Zoom Lens Canon
Front & Rear Lens Caps
24 Months Australian Warranty from CR Kennedy