Free shipping on orders over $99
A versatile standard zoom characterized by its bright f/2.8 constant maximum aperture, the smc DA* 16-50mm f/2.8 ED AL (IF) SDM Lens offers a 24-75mm equivalent focal length range and is compatible with Pentax APS-C-format DSLRs. The optical design incorporates a pair of aspherical elements and three extra-low dispersion elements to control chromatic aberrations and distortions throughout the zoom range and contribute to a high-degree of sharpness and clarity. A Super Multi-Coating has also been applied to reduce lens flare and ghosting for increased contrast and color neutrality.
Complementing the optical assets, this lens also features a Supersonic Drive Motor (SDM) to provide smooth, quiet autofocus performance and the Quick-Shift Focus System permits instant switching from AF to manual for fine-tuned focus control. Additionally, an internal focusing design maintains the overall lens length during operation and quickens focusing speeds. Benefitting working in a variety of climates, the lens also sports a weather- and dust-resistant construction as well as a Super Protect (SP) coating to repel dust, dirt, moisture, and grease from the front and rear elements.
- Standard zoom 16-50mm lens is designed for APS-C-format Pentax K mount DSLRs where it provides a 24-75mm equivalent focal length range.
- A bright constant f/2.8 maximum aperture benefits working in difficult lighting conditions and also offers increased control over depth of field.
- Two aspherical elements and three extra-low dispersion elements minimize chromatic and spherical aberrations, as well as distortion, throughout the zoom range to produce clean, clear image quality with enhanced sharpness and detail.
- A Super Multi-Coating has been applied to control lens flare and ghosting for improved contrast and color accuracy.
- Supersonic Drive Motor provides quick, quiet, and smooth autofocus performance to benefit both stills shooting and video recording.
- A Quick-Shift Focus System allows instant switching from autofocus to manual focus for quickly refining your focus position.
- Inner focusing design maintains the overall length of the lens during operations and also contributes to faster, more responsive AF performance.
- A nine-blade diaphragm helps to produce a pleasing bokeh quality when working with selective focus and shallow depth of field techniques.
- Dust- and weather-resistant construction better enables working in harsh climates. Additionally, a Super Protect coating also protects the front and rear elements against dust, moisture, and smudging.
- MPN - 21650
- GTIN - 027075129252
|Focal Length||16 - 50mm|
Comparable Focal Length: 24 - 75 mm
|Lens type||Zoom lens|
|Aperture Range||Maximum: f/2.8 |
|Max Format size||APS-C/DX|
|Camera Mount||Pentax K|
|Lens mount||Pentax KAF|
|Minimum Focusing Distance||11.9“ (30.23 cm)|
|Angle Of View||83 - 31.5|
|Filter Size||Front: 77 mm|
|Dimensions (DxL)||Approx. 3.31 x 3.88“ (84 x 98.5 mm)|
|Filter Thread||77 mm|
|Focal Length||16 to 50mm |
Comparable Focal Length: 24 to 75 mm
|Dimensions(DxL)||84 x 98.5 mm|
|Filter Thread Size||Front: 77 mm|
|Aperture||Maximum: f/2.8 |
|Camera Mount Type||Pentax K|
|Angle of View||83 to 31.5|
|Minimum Focus Distance||30.23 cm|
|Maximum Reproduction Ratio||1:4.76|
|Optical Design||15 Elements in 12 Groups|