Free shipping on orders over $99
A flexible wide-angle prime, the Nikon AF-S NIKKOR 28mm f/1.8G mixes a comfortable, broad field of view with a relatively compact design. A bright f/1.8 maximum aperture excels in difficult light conditions and also affords control over depth of field for isolating subjects. The optical design includes a pair of aspherical elements, which help to suppress distortion and spherical aberrations in order to realize high sharpness, even illumination, and accurate rendering. Also benefitting image quality, both a Nano Crystal Coat and a Super Integrated Coating have been applied to control flare and ghosting for improved contrast and color accuracy. Additionally, complementing the imaging capabilities, a Silent Wave Motor affords fast and precise autofocus performance, along with full-time manual focus override, to benefit both stills and video applications.
- Wide-angle 28mm lens is designed for FX-format F-mount cameras, however can also be used with DX models where it provides a 42mm equivalent focal length.
- Bright f/1.8 maximum aperture benefits working in low-light conditions and also affords control over depth of field for working with selective focus techniques.
- Two aspherical elements are used to reduce spherical aberrations and distortion in order to realize sharp imagery with accurate rendering.
- Both a Nano Crystal Coat and a Super Integrated Coating have been applied to individual elements to suppress internal reflections, flare, and ghosting for improved contrast and color accuracy when working in strong lighting conditions.
- Silent Wave Motor affords quick, quiet, and precise autofocus performance along with full-time manual focus override. A Rear Focusing System is also used, where only the rear lens group is moved during focusing, to maintain the overall length of the lens during use and to promote faster focusing speeds.
- Rounded seven-blade diaphragm promotes a pleasing out of focus quality that benefits the use of shallow depth of field and selective focus techniques.
- MPN - JAA135DA
- GTIN - 018208022038
Comparable 35mm Equivalent on DX Format
Focal Length: 42 mm
|Lens type||Prime lens|
|Aperture Range||Maximum: f/1.8|
|Max Format size||35mm Full Frame|
|Camera Mount||Nikon F|
|Lens Format||Nikon FX/35mm Film|
|Lens mount||Nikon F (FX)|
|Minimum Focusing Distance||9.84“ (25 cm)|
|Angle Of View||75|
DX Picture Angle: 53
|Filter Size||Front:67 mm|
|Motor Type||Ring-type Ultrasonic|
|Dimensions (DxL)||Approx. 2.9 x 3.2“ (7.37 x 8.13 cm)|
|Filter Thread||67 mm|
|Lens Hood||Nikon HB-64|
|Dimensions(DxL)||73 x 80.5 mm|
|Filter Thread Size||Front: 67 mm|
|Aperture||Maximum: f/1.8 |
|Camera Mount Type||Nikon F|
|Format Compatibility||Nikon FX/35mm Film|
|Angle of View||75|
|Minimum Focus Distance||25 cm|
|Maximum Reproduction Ratio||1:4.55|
|Optical Design||11 Elements in 9 Groups|
|Diaphragm Blades||7, Rounded|