A contemporary take on the classic short telephoto macro lens, the Nikon AF-S VR Micro-NIKKOR 105mm f/2.8G IF-ED excels at close range with its life-size 1:1 maximum magnification and a minimum focusing distance of 1'. Contributing to its success is an advanced optical design that includes one extra-low dispersion element, which minimizes chromatic aberrations in order to achieve high clarity and color accuracy. Both Nano Crystal and Super Integrated Coatings are also used to suppress flare and ghosting for greater contrast when working in bright and backlit conditions. A Silent Wave Motor AF system produces fast, near-silent focusing performance that suits both stills shooting and movie recording, which can instantly be manually overridden by simply turning the manual focus ring. Further contributing to producing sharp imagery, VR (Vibration Reduction) image stabilization compensates for the effects of camera shake by up to three shutter speed steps.
- Telephoto prime is designed for FX-format Nikon F-mount cameras, however can also be used with DX models where it provides a 157.5mm equivalent focal length.
- Bright f/2.8 maximum aperture suits working in a variety of lighting conditions and also offers increased control over depth of field for isolating subjects and using selective focus techniques.
- Ideal for macro shooting, this lens offers a life-size 1:1 maximum magnification along with a minimum focusing distance of 1' to suit working with close-up subjects.
- One extra-low dispersion element greatly reduces color fringing and chromatic aberrations in order to produce greater clarity and color accuracy.
- Both a Nano Crystal Coat and a Super Integrated Coating have been applied to individual elements to suppress internal reflections, flare, and ghosting for improved contrast and color accuracy when working in strong lighting conditions.
- Silent Wave Motor affords quick, quiet, and precise autofocus performance along with full-time manual focus override. An internal focusing design is also used, where only the internal lens groups are moved during focusing, to maintain the overall length of the lens during use and to promote faster focusing speeds.
- VR (Vibration Reduction) image stabilization helps to minimize the appearance of camera shake by three stops to benefit shooting handheld in difficult lighting conditions.
- Rounded nine-blade diaphragm promotes a pleasing out of focus quality that benefits the use of shallow depth of field and selective focus techniques.
- Compatible with optional AF-S Teleconverter TC-14, TC-17, and TC-20 teleconverters.
- MPN - JAA630DB
- GTIN - 018208021604
Comparable 35mm Equivalent on DX Format
Focal Length: 157.5 mm
|Lens type||Prime lens|
|Aperture Range||Maximum: f/2.8|
|Max Format size||35mm Full Frame|
|Camera Mount||Nikon F|
|Lens Format||Nikon FX/35mm Film|
|Lens mount||Nikon F (FX)|
|Minimum Focusing Distance||1’ (30.48 cm)|
|Angle Of View||23 20|
DX Picture Angle: 15
|Diaphragm Blades||9, Rounded|
|Filter Size||Front:62 mm|
|Motor Type||Ring-type Ultrasonic|
|Dimensions (DxL)||Approx. 3.3 x 4.6“ (8.38 x 11.68 cm)|
|Filter Thread||62 mm|
|Lens Hood||Nikon HB-38|
|Dimensions(DxL)||83 x 116 mm|
|Filter Thread Size||Front: 62 mm|
|Aperture||Maximum: f/2.8 |
|Camera Mount Type||Nikon F|
|Format Compatibility||Nikon FX/35mm Film|
|Angle of View||23 20'|
|Minimum Focus Distance||31.4 cm|
|Maximum Reproduction Ratio||1:1|
|Optical Design||14 Elements in 12 Groups|
|Diaphragm Blades||9, Rounded|