A macro telephoto designed for DX, the Nikon AF-S DX Micro NIKKOR 85mm f/3.5G ED VR is a 127.5mm-equivalent prime optimized for close-up shooting. Offering a life-size 1:1 maximum magnification and an 11.3" minimum focusing distance, this lens is especially adept for working with nearby subjects. Its optical design includes one extra-low dispersion element, which minimizes chromatic aberrations in order to achieve high clarity and color accuracy. A Super Integrated Coating is also used to suppress flare and ghosting for greater contrast when working in bright and backlit conditions. The Silent Wave Motor AF system produces fast, near-silent focusing performance that suits both stills shooting and movie recording, which can instantly be manually overridden by simply turning the manual focus ring. Further contributing to producing sharp imagery, VR II (Vibration Reduction) image stabilization compensates for the effects of camera shake by up to three shutter speed steps.
- Telephoto prime is designed for DX-format Nikon F-mount cameras and provides a 127.5mm equivalent focal length.
- Ideal for macro shooting, this lens offers a life-size 1:1 maximum magnification along with a minimum focusing distance of 11.3" to suit working with close-up subjects.
- One extra-low dispersion element greatly reduces color fringing and chromatic aberrations in order to produce greater clarity and color accuracy.
- A Super Integrated Coating has been applied to individual elements to suppress internal reflections, flare, and ghosting for improved contrast and color accuracy when working in strong lighting conditions.
- Silent Wave Motor affords quick, quiet, and precise autofocus performance along with full-time manual focus override. An internal focusing design is also used, where only the internal lens groups are moved during focusing, to maintain the overall length of the lens during use and to promote faster focusing speeds.
- VR II (Vibration Reduction) image stabilization helps to minimize the appearance of camera shake by three stops to benefit shooting handheld in difficult lighting conditions.
- Rounded nine-blade diaphragm promotes a pleasing out of focus quality that benefits the use of shallow depth of field and selective focus techniques.
- MPN - JAA637DA
- GTIN - 018208021901
Comparable 35mm Equivalent on DX Format
Focal Length: 127.5 mm
|Lens type||Prime lens|
|Aperture Range||Maximum: f/3.5|
|Max Format size||35mm Full Frame|
|Camera Mount||Nikon F|
|Lens Format||Nikon DX|
FX in DX Crop Mode
|Lens mount||Nikon F (DX)|
|Minimum Focusing Distance||11.26“(28.60 cm)|
|Angle Of View||18 50’|
|Filter Size||Front:52 mm|
|Dimensions (DxL)||Approx. 2.9 x 3.9“ (7.37 x 9.91 cm)|
|Filter Thread||52 mm|
|Lens Hood||Nikon HB-37|
|Focal Length||85mm |
Comparable 35mm Focal Length: 127.5 mm
|Dimensions(DxL)||73 x 98.5 mm|
|Filter Thread Size||Front: 52 mm|
|Aperture||Maximum: f/3.5 |
|Camera Mount Type||Nikon F|
|Format Compatibility||Nikon DX|
|Angle of View||18 50'|
|Minimum Focus Distance||28.6 cm|
|Maximum Reproduction Ratio||1:1|
|Optical Design||14 Elements in 10 Groups|
|Diaphragm Blades||9, Rounded|