The Nikon AF-S NIKKOR 85mm f/1.8G Lens
The AF-S NIKKOR 85mm f/1.8G is a strong addition to the family of Nikon lenses. Sitting at a focal sweet spot that makes it great lens for portraiture or a general-purpose, fast and short telephoto prime lens. The bright f/1.8G aperture lets this design find a balance between some tricky considerations. Lightweight and compact, while also letting users quickly modulate their depth of field.
The Nikon AF-S Nikkor 85mm Lens – Surprisingly versatile
Low-light or bright sunny days, the compact form of this 85mm lens hides a surprisingly strong adaptability. Each lens element is coated in a Super integrated Coating, fighting off the glare and ghosting of high-light situations. Bright and back-lit conditions are an easy ask, as are the opposite low light situations you might find indoors or in shaded outdoor areas.
Powered by the Silent Wave Motor gives users a fast autofocus that is accurate and reliable. A full-time manual override is there for anyone looking to take a tighter grip on the reigns.
Features of the Nikon NIKKOR 85mm f/1.8G Lens
- Short-telephoto prime is designed for FX-format Nikon F-mount cameras, however can also be used with DX models where it provides a 127.5mm equivalent focal length.
- A bright f/1.8 maximum aperture makes shallow depths of field and low-light photography a breeze.
- A Super Integrated Coating on each lens element. Reducing surface and internal reflections for a marked reduction in lens flare and ghosting.
- The Silent Wave Motor produces fast and reliable auto-focus performance. The featured full-time manual override is always there for those wanting to take further control.
- A quirk of the internal design permits manual focusing without altering the physical length of the lens, promoting a faster manual focusing speed.
- A seven-blade diaphragm that facilitates an incredible natural bokeh quality.
Nikon lenses online or instore with digiDirectIf you’re looking to get your hands on the AF-S NIKKOR 85mm f/1.8G, or maybe looking at the Nikon AF-S NIKKOR 50mm f/1.8G Lens, you can do just that with us at digiDirect. Get in contact with us today to find out more about this amazing lens and more!
- MPN - JAA341DA
- GTIN - 018208022014
Comparable 35mm Equivalent on DX Format
Focal Length: 127.5 mm
|Lens type||Prime lens|
|Aperture Range||Maximum: f/1.8|
|Max Format size||35mm Full Frame|
|Camera Mount||Nikon F|
|Lens Format||Nikon FX/35mm Film|
|Lens mount||Nikon F (FX)|
|Minimum Focusing Distance||2.62’ (.8 m)|
|Angle Of View||28 30’|
DX Picture Angle: 18 50’
|Diaphragm Blades||7, Rounded|
|Filter Size||Front:67 mm|
|Dimensions (DxL)||Approx. 3.1 x 2.9“ (7.87 x 7.37 cm)|
|Filter Thread||67 mm|
|Lens Hood||Nikon HB-62|
|Filter Thread Size||Front: 67 mm|
|Dimensions(DxL)||80 x 73 mm|
|Aperture||Maximum: f/1.8 |
|Camera Mount Type||Nikon F|
|Format Compatibility||Nikon FX/35mm Film|
|Angle of View||28 30'|
|Minimum Focus Distance||80 cm|
|Maximum Reproduction Ratio||1:8.333|
|Optical Design||9 Elements in 9 Groups|
|Diaphragm Blades||7, Rounded|