One of the most popular focal lengths, the AF NIKKOR 35mm f/2D from Nikon is a comfortable wide-angle prime featuring a bright f/2 maximum aperture along with a compact, lightweight form factor. The slightly-wider-than-normal field of view along with the f/2 design excels in a variety of shooting conditions, ranging from landscape to street photography. A Super Integrated Coating has been applied to individual elements, and reduces lens flare and ghosting for increased contrast and color accuracy when working in bright and backlit conditions. Also, a rounded seven-blade diaphragm contributes to a pleasing bokeh quality.
- Wide-angle prime lens is designed for FX-format Nikon F-mount cameras, however can also be used with DX models where it provides a 52.5mm equivalent focal length.
- Bright f/2 maximum aperture offers depth of field control for working with selective focus techniques.
- A Super Integrated Coating has been applied to individual elements to suppress internal reflections, flare, and ghosting for improved contrast and color accuracy when working in strong lighting conditions.
- Autofocus system is compatible with select Nikon DSLRs that support D-type lenses, and offers quick and precise focusing performance.
Autofocus is not supported by DSLRs lacking an autofocus motor, such as the D3000-series, D5000-series, D40, D40X, and D60, where the lens may be used with manual focus only.
- Rounded seven-blade diaphragm promotes a pleasing out of focus quality that benefits the use of shallow depth of field and selective focus techniques.
- MPN - JAA129DA
- GTIN - 018208019236
Comparable 35mm Equivalent on DX Format
Focal Length: 52.5 mm
|Lens type||Prime lens|
|Aperture Range||Maximum: f/2 |
|Max Format size||35mm Full Frame|
|Camera Mount||Nikon F|
|Lens Format||Nikon FX/35mm Film|
|Lens mount||Nikon F (DX)|
|Minimum Focusing Distance||9.8“ (24.89 cm)|
|Angle Of View||62|
|Filter Size||Front:52 mm|
|Motor Type||Screw Drive from camera|
|Dimensions (DxL)||Approx. 2.5 x 1.7“ (6.35 x 4.32 cm)|
|Filter Thread||52 mm|
|Lens Hood||Nikon HN-3|
|Dimensions(DxL)||65 x 44.5 mm|
|Filter Thread Size||Front: 52 mm|
|Aperture||Maximum: f/2 |
|Camera Mount Type||Nikon F|
|Format Compatibility||Nikon FX/35mm Film|
|Angle of View||62|
|Minimum Focus Distance||25 cm|
|Maximum Reproduction Ratio||1:4.17|
|Optical Design||6 Elements in 5 Groups|
|Diaphragm Blades||7, Rounded|