A comfortable wide-angle, the Nikon AF NIKKOR 28mm f/2.8D is a compact and versatile lens well-suited for landscape, nature, and documentary shooting. Its modest f/2.8 maximum aperture strikes a balance between its sleek form factor and being fast enough for working in low-light conditions. In regard to the optics, a Super Integrated Coating has been applied to individual elements to control flare and ghosting for improved contrast and color rendering when working in bright and backlit conditions. Additionally, a rounded seven-blade diaphragm contributes to a pleasing bokeh quality.
- Wide-angle prime lens is designed for FX-format Nikon F-mount cameras, however can also be used with DX models where it provides a 42mm equivalent focal length.
- Flexible f/2.8 maximum aperture suits working in a variety of lighting conditions and also offers depth of field control for isolating subjects.
- A Super Integrated Coating has been applied to individual elements to suppress internal reflections, flare, and ghosting for improved contrast and color accuracy when working in strong lighting conditions.
- Autofocus system is compatible with select Nikon DSLRs that support D-type lenses, and offers quick and precise focusing performance.
Autofocus is not supported by DSLRs lacking an autofocus motor, such as the D3000-series, D5000-series, D40, D40X, and D60, where the lens may be used with manual focus only.
- Rounded seven-blade diaphragm promotes a pleasing out of focus quality that benefits the use of shallow depth of field and selective focus techniques.
- MPN - JAA128DA
- GTIN - 018208019229
Comparable 35mm Equivalent on DX Format
Focal Length: 42 mm
|Lens type||Prime lens|
|Aperture Range||Maximum: f/2.8 |
|Max Format size||35mm Full Frame|
|Camera Mount||Nikon F|
|Lens Format||Nikon FX/35mm Film|
|Lens mount||Nikon F (FX)|
|Minimum Focusing Distance||10.20“(25.91 cm)|
|Angle Of View||74|
DX Picture Angle: 53
|Filter Size||Front:52 mm|
|Motor Type||Screw Drive from camera|
|Dimensions (DxL)||Approx. 2.6 x 1.8“ (6.60 x 4.57 cm)|
|Filter Thread||52 mm|
|Lens Hood||Nikon HN-2|
|Dimensions(DxL)||66.04 x 45.72 mm|
|Filter Thread Size||Front: 52 mm|
|Aperture||Maximum: f/2.8 |
|Camera Mount Type||Nikon F|
|Format Compatibility||Nikon FX/35mm Film|
|Angle of View||74|
|Minimum Focus Distance||25 cm|
|Maximum Reproduction Ratio||1:5.55|
|Optical Design||6 Elements in 6 Groups|
|Diaphragm Blades||7, Rounded|