Ideal for landscape and travel photography, the AF NIKKOR 24mm f/2.8D from Nikon offers a broad field of view along with a compact, lightweight form factor suited to walkaround use. Its modest f/2.8 maximum aperture strikes a balance between its sleek size and being fast enough for working in low-light conditions. In regard to the optics, a Super Integrated Coating has been applied to individual elements to control flare and ghosting for improved contrast and color rendering when working in bright and backlit conditions. Close Range Correction also helps to ensure consistent image quality and accurate rendering throughout the focusing range. Additionally, a rounded seven-blade diaphragm contributes to a pleasing bokeh quality.
- Wide-angle prime lens is designed for FX-format Nikon F-mount cameras, however can also be used with DX models where it provides a 36mm equivalent focal length.
- Flexible f/2.8 maximum aperture suits working in a variety of lighting conditions and also offers depth of field control for isolating subjects.
- A Super Integrated Coating has been applied to individual elements to suppress internal reflections, flare, and ghosting for improved contrast and color accuracy when working in strong lighting conditions.
- Autofocus system is compatible with select Nikon DSLRs that support D-type lenses, and offers quick and precise focusing performance.
Autofocus is not supported by DSLRs lacking an autofocus motor, such as the D3000-series, D5000-series, D40, D40X, and D60, where the lens may be used with manual focus only.
- Close Range Correction system helps to maintain consistent image quality throughout the entire focusing range, from the minimum focusing distance of 1' to infinity.
- Rounded seven-blade diaphragm promotes a pleasing out of focus quality that benefits the use of shallow depth of field and selective focus techniques.
- MPN - JAA125DA
- GTIN - 018208019199
Comparable 35mm Equivalent on DX Format
Focal Length: 36 mm
|Lens type||Prime lens|
|Aperture Range||Maximum: f/2.8 |
|Max Format size||35mm Full Frame|
|Camera Mount||Nikon F|
|Lens Format||Nikon FX/35mm Film|
|Lens mount||Nikon F (FX)|
|Minimum Focusing Distance||1.00’(30.5 cm)|
|Angle Of View||84|
DX Picture Angle: 61
|Filter Size||Front:52 mm|
|Motor Type||Screw Drive from camera|
|Dimensions (DxL)||Approx. 2.5 x 1.8“ (6.35 x 4.57 cm)|
|Filter Thread||52 mm|
|Dimensions(DxL)||64.5 x 46 mm|
|Filter Thread Size||Front: 52 mm|
|Aperture||Maximum: f/2.8 |
|Camera Mount Type||Nikon F|
|Format Compatibility||Nikon FX/35mm Film|
|Angle of View||84|
|Minimum Focus Distance||30.5 cm|
|Maximum Reproduction Ratio||1:9.05|
|Optical Design||9 Elements in 9 Groups|
|Diaphragm Blades||7, Rounded|