Free shipping on orders over $99
A versatile medium telephoto prime, the AF NIKKOR 180mm f/2.8D IF-ED from Nikon complements its reach with a bright f/2.8 maximum aperture for working in difficult lighting as well as controlling depth of field. Its optical design incorporates one extra-low dispersion element, which controls chromatic aberrations and color fringing in order to achieve greater clarity and color accuracy. A Super Integrated Coating also helps to improve contrast and color rendering by reducing flare and ghosting. In addition to the optics, this 180mm f/2.8 is also characterized by its internal focusing design for quick and precise autofocus performance.
- Telephoto prime is designed for FX-format Nikon F-mount cameras, however can also be used with DX models where it provides a 270mm equivalent focal length.
- Bright f/2.8 maximum aperture helps to achieve shallow depth of field and selective focus effects as well as benefit working in difficult lighting conditions.
- One extra-low dispersion element is used to minimize chromatic aberrations and color fringing throughout the zoom range in order to achieve a high degree of clarity and color fidelity.
- A Super Integrated Coating has been applied to individual elements to suppress internal reflections, flare, and ghosting for improved contrast and color accuracy when working in strong lighting conditions.
- Internal focusing AF system is compatible with select Nikon DSLRs that support D-type lenses, and offers quick and precise focusing performance.
Autofocus is not supported by DSLRs lacking an autofocus motor, such as the D3000-series, D5000-series, D40, D40X, and D60, where the lens may be used with manual focus only.
- Rounded nine-blade diaphragm promotes a pleasing out of focus quality that benefits the use of shallow depth of field and selective focus techniques.
- MPN - JAA330DA
- GTIN - 018208019403
Comparable 35mm Equivalent on DX Format
Focal Length: 270 mm
|Lens type||Prime lens|
|Aperture Range||Maximum: f/2.8 |
|Max Format size||35mm Full Frame|
|Camera Mount||Nikon F|
|Lens Format||Nikon FX/35mm Film|
|Lens mount||Nikon F (FX)|
|Minimum Focusing Distance||5’ (1.52 m)|
|Angle Of View||13 40|
DX Picture Angle: 9
|Filter Size||Front:72 mm|
|Motor Type||Screw Drive from camera|
|Dimensions (DxL)||Approx. 3.1 x 5.7“ (7.87 x 14.48 cm)|
|Filter Thread||72 mm|
|Focal Length||180mm |
Comparable Focal Length: 270 mm
|Dimensions(DxL)||78.5 x 144 mm|
|Filter Thread Size||Front: 72 mm|
|Aperture||Maximum: f/2.8 |
|Camera Mount Type||Nikon F|
|Format Compatibility||Nikon FX/35mm Film|
|Angle of View||13 40'|
|Minimum Focus Distance||1.5 m|
|Maximum Reproduction Ratio||1:6.666|
|Optical Design||8 Elements in 6 Groups|
|Diaphragm Blades||9, Rounded|