Presenting an ultra-wide field of view with advanced perspective and focus control, the TS-E 17mm f/4L is a Canon L-series tilt-shift lens well-suited to architecture and interior photography. Up to +/- 6.5° of tilt is possible, for focus control, and +/- 12mm of shift, to adjust perspective and composition. The tilt-shift mechanism can be rotated +/- 90° for applying movements in any direction, and a tilt-locking mechanism can be used while shooting for greater stability.
Complementing the operation of the lens, this L-series prime is also distinguished by its optical design that features four of Ultra-Low Dispersion elements to significantly reduce color fringing and chromatic aberrations as well as one aspherical element to minimize spherical aberrations and distortion. Individual elements also feature a Subwavelength Coating to suppress flare and ghosting for greater contrast and color neutrality. Additionally, a floating optical system and a rear focus design help to maintain consistent image quality throughout the focusing range, from 9.8" to infinity.
- Perspective control, tilt-shift lens affords +/- 12mm of shift and +/- 6.5° of tilt, and both types of movements can be applied independently, and parallel or perpendicular to one another. Additionally, the tilt and shift functions can be rotated +/- 90° for applying the movements in distinct directions.
- Tilt-locking mechanism ensures the lens stays in place while shooting.
- Four Ultra-Low Dispersion elements are used to greatly reduce color fringing and chromatic aberrations in order to achieve greater clarity and color accuracy.
- One aspherical element limits distortion and spherical aberrations to realize greater sharpness and accurate rendering.
- A Sub Wavelength Coating has been applied to individual elements to control lens flare and ghosting for greater contrast and color fidelity when working in strong lighting conditions.
- Floating optical system, along with a rear focusing mechanism, maintains consistent image quality throughout the focusing range, from 9.8" to infinity.
- As a member of the esteemed L-series, this lens is sealed against dust and moisture for working in inclement environmental conditions.
- Rounded eight-blade diaphragm contributes to a pleasing out of focus quality that benefits the use of shallow depth of field techniques.
- MPN - TS17
- GTIN - 4960999635156
Comparable APS-C 1.6x Focal Length: 27.2 mm
|Lens type||Prime lens|
|Aperture Range||Maximum: f/4|
|Max Format size||35mm Full Frame|
|Camera Mount||Canon EF|
|Lens Format||35mm Film / Full-Frame Digital Sensor Canon (APS-C)|
|Lens mount||Canon EF|
|Minimum Focusing Distance||9.84“ (25 cm)|
|Angle Of View||104|
|Special Elements/Coatings||Aspherical & UD elements|
|Dimensions (DxL)||Approx. 3.5 x 4.2“ (8.89 x 10.67 cm)|
|Filter Thread Size||None|
|Dimensions(DxL)||88.9 x 106.9 mm|
|Aperture||Maximum: f/4 |
|Camera Mount Type||Canon EF|
|Format Compatibility||35mm Film / Full-Frame Digital Sensor|
|Angle of View||104|
|Minimum Focus Distance||25 cm|
|Maximum Reproduction Ratio||1:7.1|
|Optical Design||18 Elements in 12 Groups|
|Diaphragm Blades||8, Rounded|
|Tilt/Shift||Tilt 6.5 |