Free shipping on orders over $99
The Canon EF-S 60mm f/2.8 Macro USM Lens is the first true macro lens of their EF-S series, made specifically for "APS-C" format Canon SLR cameras such as all cameras in the EOS 20D/30D/40D/50D/60D and 7D.This dynamic, compact, fast-focusing lens provides dramatic detail that goes beyond the human eye. Having an effective 35mm equivalent focal length of ~96mm, it produces 1:1 magnification for extremely detailed close-up images.
It is also a very good portrait lens. Autofocusing is achieved with Canon's very best ring-type USM motor, which is fast and silent and allows you to manually override the focus at any time without needing to switch the camera's settings. The field of focus is flat, important in macro work, and the aperture diaphragm is circular to allow more natural background highlights.
Designed for digital photography, the EF-S 60mm Macro has specially shaped lens elements and inner focusing, with a floating element lens design to give good results in images taken at distances beyond the macro realm. It also has Canon's Super Spectra coatings to suppress ghosting and flare from reflections off digital sensors. An optional lens hood (ET-67B) further reduces the incidence of flare.
- Lightweight and compact macro lens specifically for digital SLR cameras that support EF-S lenses
- Combines a light and compact design with 1:1 macro capability by using an optical design that takes advantage of a short back-focus and small image circle.
- Uses a 3-group floating inner focus system to achieve superb image quality over its entire shooting area combined with a 90mm working distance in 1:1 macro mode, the longest in its class
- Inner focusing, ring USM and new AF algorithms for fast and quiet autofocusing
- Optimized lens coating minimising flare and ghosting prone occurring with digital cameras
- Manual focusing enabled even during the AF mode (full-time mechanical manual focus)
- Only environmentally friendly lead free glass used in optics.
- MPN - EFS60MU
- GTIN - 4960999271255
Comparable APS-C 1.6x Focal Length: 96 mm
|Lens type||Prime lens|
|Aperture Range||Maximum: f/2.8|
|Max Format size||APS-C/DX|
|Camera Mount||Canon EF-S|
|Lens Format||Canon (APS-C)|
|Lens mount||Canon EF-S|
|Minimum Focusing Distance||7.87“ (20 cm)|
|Angle Of View||24 30’|
|Filter Size||Front:52 mm|
|Motor Type||Ring-type Ultrasonic|
|Dimensions (DxL)||Approx. 2.87 x 2.75“ (73 x 69.8 mm)|
|Filter Thread||52 mm|
|Lens Hood||Canon ET-67B|
Comparable 35mm Focal Length: 96 mm
|Filter Thread Size||Front: 52 mm|
|Dimensions(DxL)||73 x 69.8 mm(DxL)|
|Camera Mount Type||Canon EF-S|
|Angle of View||24 9m|
|Minimum Focus Distance||20 cm|
|Maximum Reproduction Ratio||1:1|
|Optical Design||12 Elements in 8 Groups|
|Diaphragm Blades||7, Rounded|