Mixing a short-telephoto focal length with a bright maximum aperture, the EF 85mm f/1.2L II USM is a Canon L-series lens well-suited for portraiture. The impressively fast f/1.2 maximum aperture affords a great degree of control over depth of field for isolating subjects and producing desirable selective focus effects. Complementing these qualities is a sophisticated design that includes one aspherical element to suppress spherical aberrations and notable sharpness and clarity, and a floating optical system is used that maintains image quality throughout the focusing range. A Super Spectra coating has also been applied to limit flare and ghosting and promote greater contrast and color accuracy in a variety of lighting conditions. Complementing the imaging attributes, a ring-type USM is employed to deliver quick and quiet autofocus performance along with full-time manual focus control.
- Short-telephoto, portrait-length prime is designed for full-frame Canon EF-mount DSLRs, however can also be used with APS-C models where it provides a 136mm equivalent focal length.
- Exceptionally bright f/1.2 maximum aperture affords extensive control over depth of field for selective focus applications and also benefits working in low-light situations.
- One aspherical element helps to suppress spherical aberrations and distortion for a high degree of sharpness and accurate rendering.
- Floating optical system maintains clarity and sharpness throughout the focusing range.
- Super Spectra coating has been applied to individual elements to minimize ghosting and flare for greater contrast and color neutrality when working in strong lighting conditions.
- A ring-type Ultrasonic Motor (USM), along with optimized focusing algorithms and a high-speed CPU, is employed to deliver fast, precise, and quiet autofocus performance as well as full-time manual focus override.
- Rounded eight-blade diaphragm contributes to a pleasing out of focus quality that benefits the use of shallow depth of field and selective focus techniques.
- As a member of the esteemed L-series, this lens is sealed against dust and moisture for working in inclement environmental conditions.
- MPN - EF8512LII
- GTIN - 4960999326429
Comparable APS-C 1.6x Focal Length: 136 mm
|Lens type||Prime lens|
|Aperture Range||Maximum: f/1.2|
|Max Format size||35mm Full Frame|
|Camera Mount||Canon EF|
|Lens Format||35mm Film / Full-Frame Digital Sensor Canon (APS-C)|
|Lens mount||Canon EF|
|Minimum Focusing Distance||3.12’ (95 cm)|
|Angle Of View||28 30’|
|Filter Size||Front:72 mm|
|Motor Type||Ring-type Ultrasonic|
|Dimensions (DxL)||Approx. 3.6 x 3.3“ (9.14 x 8.38 cm)|
|Filter Thread||72 mm|
|Lens Hood||Canon ES-79II|
|Filter Thread Size||Front: 72 mm|
|Dimensions(DxL)||91.5 x 84 mm|
|Aperture||Maximum: f/1.2 |
|Camera Mount Type||Canon EF|
|Format Compatibility||35mm Film / Full-Frame Digital Sensor|
|Angle of View||28 30'|
|Minimum Focus Distance||95 cm|
|Maximum Reproduction Ratio||1:9|
|Optical Design||8 Elements in 7 Groups|
|Diaphragm Blades||8, Rounded|