Free shipping on orders over $99
At the long end of Canon's L-series lens lineup, the EF 800mm f/5.6L IS USM is a super telephoto prime distinguished by its impressive reach and advanced optical design. Utilizing two fluorite elements, one Super UD element, and one ultra-low dispersion element, chromatic aberrations and color fringing is virtually eliminated and imagery exhibits notable clarity, sharpness, and color accuracy. A Super Spectra coating has also been applied to suppress flare and ghosting in order to achieve greater contrast when working in backlit and harsh lighting conditions.
Beyond the optical attributes, the 800mm f/5.6 is also characterized by its advanced four stop-effective Image Stabilizer system, which has separate stabilization modes to suit various shooting applications. Also complementing handling is a sophisticated ring-type USM, which provides quick, quiet, and accurate autofocus performance along with full-time manual focus override. Additionally, this lens is weather-sealed for use in trying environmental conditions and it has a rotating tripod collar to benefit working atop a tripod or monopod.
- Super telephoto prime is designed for full-frame Canon EF-mount DSLRs, however can also be used with APS-C models where it provides a 1280mm equivalent focal length.
- Relatively bright f/5.6 maximum aperture affords control over depth of field for isolating subjects and producing selective focus imagery.
- Two fluorite elements, along with one Super Ultra-Low Dispersion element and one ultra-low dispersion element, are used to greatly reduce color fringing and chromatic aberrations in order to achieve greater clarity and color accuracy.
- Super Spectra coating has been applied to individual elements to minimize ghosting and flare for greater contrast and color neutrality when working in strong lighting conditions.
- An Optical Image Stabilizer helps to minimize the appearance of camera shake by up to four shutter speed stops to better enable working in low-light conditions and with slower shutter speeds. In addition to the single-shot standard IS mode, a second mode is also available that it optimized for panning.
- A ring-type Ultrasonic Motor (USM), along with an internal focusing system, is employed to deliver fast, precise, and quiet autofocus performance as well as full-time manual focus override.
- A Focus Preset function is available to quickly recall a programmed focusing position.
- Focus Limiter switch lets you constrain the focusing to three different ranges to suit different applications: 19.7-65.6', 19.7'-infinity, or 65.6'-infinity.
- Rounded eight-blade diaphragm contributes to a pleasing out of focus quality that benefits the use of shallow depth of field and selective focus techniques.
- As a member of the esteemed L-series, this lens is sealed against dust and moisture for working in inclement environmental conditions.
- Fixed rotating tripod collar benefits working with the lens atop a tripod or monopod.
- Compatible with optional EF 1.4X and EF 2X teleconverters.
- MPN - EF80056LIS
- GTIN - 4960999575025
Comparable APS-C 1.6x Focal Length: 1280 mm
|Lens type||Prime lens|
|Aperture Range||Maximum: f/5.6|
|Max Format size||35mm Full Frame|
|Camera Mount||Canon EF|
|Lens Format||35mm Film / Full-Frame Digital Sensor Canon (APS-C)|
|Lens mount||Canon EF|
|Minimum Focusing Distance||19.7’ (6 m)|
|Angle Of View||3.5|
|Filter Size||Drop-in:52 mm|
|Tripod Collar||Yes Fixed - rotating|
|Motor Type||Ring-type Ultrasonic|
|Dimensions (DxL)||Approx. 6.4 x 18.1“ (16.26 x 45.97 cm)|
|Filter Thread||52 mm|
|Lens Hood||Canon ET-155|
|Filter Thread Size||Drop-In: 52 mm|
|Dimensions(DxL)||163 x 461 mm|
|Tripod Collar||Yes Fixed - rotating|
|Aperture||Maximum: f/5.6 |
|Camera Mount Type||Canon EF|
|Format Compatibility||35mm Film / Full-Frame Digital Sensor|
|Angle of View||3 5'|
|Minimum Focus Distance||6 m|
|Maximum Reproduction Ratio||1:7|
|Optical Design||18 Elements in 14 Groups|
|Diaphragm Blades||8, Rounded|
Canon EF 800mm f/5.6L IS USM L-Series lens
- Canon EF 800mm f/5.6L IS USM L-Series lens x 1
- E-180D Lens Cap for EF 400mm f/2.8L IS II USM x 1
- Lens Dust Cap E (Rear) x 1
- ET-155 (WII) Lens Hood for Select Canon Telephoto Lenses x 1
- Lens Case 800 x 1
- 52mm Drop-in Filter Holder x 1