Specialized and versatile, the EF 8-15mm f/4L Fisheye USM is a Canon L-series lens offering flexibility to a conventionally niche lens type. Capable of producing both circular and rectangular fisheye effects, this lens is characterized by its notable distortion and rounded image quality along with an immense 180° angle of view at the 8mm position. The optical design incorporates two ultra-low dispersion glass elements to limit chromatic aberrations and color fringing for high clarity and color accuracy, and a Sub Wavelength coating has also been applied to control flare and ghosting for greater contrast.
Balancing the refined optics, this 8-15mm f/4 also sports a ring-type USM mechanism to enable quick, quiet, and accurate autofocus performance, as well as full-time manual focus override. Additionally, this lens is weather-sealed and has a protective fluorine coating on the exposed elements for use in trying environmental conditions.
- Unique fisheye zoom is designed for full-frame Canon EF-mount DSLRs, however can also be used with APS-C models where it provides a 12.8-24mm equivalent focal length range.
- Constant f/4 maximum aperture maintains consistent illumination throughout the zoom range.
- Zoom allows you to change from a circular 180° fisheye look to a rectangular image. Both ends produce dramatic, creatively distorted imagery.
- Two ultra-low dispersion glass elements noticeably reduce color fringing and chromatic aberrations for high clarity and color fidelity.
- A Sub Wavelength Coating has been applied to individual elements to control lens flare and ghosting for greater contrast and color fidelity when working in strong lighting conditions.
- A ring-type Ultrasonic Motor (USM), along with optimized focusing algorithms and a high-speed CPU, is employed to deliver fast, precise, and quiet autofocus performance as well as full-time manual focus override.
- As a member of the esteemed L-series, this lens is sealed against dust and moisture for working in inclement environmental conditions.
- Protective fluorine coating has been applied to the front bulbous element to resist fingerprints and smudges and to make cleaning significantly easier.
- Built-in filter holder is located at the rear of the lens and accepts cut gel filters.
- MPN - EF8-15L
- GTIN - 4960999665030
|Focal Length||8 - 15mm|
Comparable APS-C 1.6x Focal Length: 12.8 - 24 mm
|Lens type||Zoom lens|
|Aperture Range||Maximum: f/4|
|Max Format size||35mm Full Frame|
|Camera Mount||Canon EF|
|Lens Format||35mm Film / Full-Frame Digital Sensor|
|Lens mount||Canon EF|
|Minimum Focusing Distance||6.2“ (15.75 cm)|
|Angle Of View||180 - 175 30’|
|Special Elements/Coatings||1 Aspherical, 1 UD, Fluorine Coating|
|Motor Type||Ring-type Ultrasonic|
|Dimensions (DxL)||Approx. 3.09 x 3.27“ (78.5 x 83.0 mm)|
|Focal Length||8 to 15mm|
|Filter Thread Size||Rear Gel Holder (accepts up to 3 pre-cut gel filters)|
|Dimensions(DxL)||78.5 x 83 mm|
|Aperture||Maximum: f/4 |
|Camera Mount Type||Canon EF|
|Format Compatibility||35mm Film / Full-Frame Digital Sensor|
|Angle of View||180 to 175 30'|
|Minimum Focus Distance||15 cm|
|Maximum Reproduction Ratio||1:3|
|Optical Design||14 Elements in 11 Groups|
|Diaphragm Blades||7, Rounded|
Canon EF 8-15mm f/4L Fisheye USM Lens
- Canon EF 8-15mm f/4L Fisheye USM Lens x 1
- Lens Cap for EF 8-15mm f/4L Fisheye USM Lens x 1
- Lens Dust Cap E (Rear) x 1
- EW-77 Lens Hood for EF 8-15mm f/4L Fisheye USM Lens x 1
- LP1219 Soft Lens Case x 1