A fast and high performing lens for photos on the go
Offering a natural perspective along with a fast maximum aperture, the EF 50mm f/1.4 USM from Canon is a versatile normal-length prime characterized by its bright f/1.4 aperture to suit working in low-light conditions and for producing shallow depth of field imagery. This lens also features a Gaussian optics design, along with two high refractive index elements and one aspherical element, to control spherical aberrations and distortion for high sharpness and clarity.
A Super Spectra coating has also been applied to suppress flare and ghosting for improved contrast and color accuracy when working in difficult lighting conditions. Complementing the optical design is a micro USM, which enables quick and quiet autofocus performance along with full-time manual focus control.
The Canon EF 50mm f/1.4 USM – Specs and Performance
Go mobile with the backing of the Canon EF 50mm f/1.4. The lens that’ll constantly surprise you with the quality it can produce despite its small size.
- Normal prime is designed for full-frame Canon EF-mount DSLRs, however can also be used with APS-C models where it provides an 80mm equivalent focal length.
- Bright f/1.4 maximum aperture suits working in low-light conditions and also affords great control over depth of field for isolating subjects and using selective focus techniques.
- Gaussian optics design, which includes one aspherical element and two high refractive index elements, notably reduces distortion and spherical aberrations for high sharpness and accurate rendering.
- Super Spectra coating has been applied to individual elements to minimize ghosting and flare for greater contrast and color neutrality when working in strong lighting conditions.
- A micro Ultrasonic Motor (USM) is employed to deliver fast, precise, and quiet autofocus performance as well as full-time manual focus override.
- Rounded eight-blade diaphragm contributes to a pleasing out of focus quality that benefits the use of shallow depth of field and selective focus techniques.
- MPN - EF5014U
- GTIN - 4960999213019
|Lens type||Prime lens|
|Aperture Range||Maximum: f/1.4|
|Max Format size||35mm Full Frame|
|Camera Mount||Canon EF|
|Lens Format||35mm Film / Full-Frame Digital Sensor Canon (APS-C)|
|Lens mount||Canon EF|
|Minimum Focusing Distance||1.5’ (45 cm)|
|Angle Of View||46|
|Special Elements/Coatings||2 High-refraction elements and Gaussian optics|
|Filter Size||Front:58 mm|
|Dimensions (DxL)||Approx. 2.9 x 2.0“ (7.37 x 5.08 cm)|
|Filter Thread||58 mm|
|Lens Hood||Canon ES-71II|
|Filter Thread Size||Front: 58 mm|
|Dimensions(DxL)||73.8 x 50.5 mm|
|Aperture||Maximum: f/1.4 |
|Camera Mount Type||Canon EF|
|Format Compatibility||35mm Film / Full-Frame Digital Sensor|
|Angle of View||46|
|Minimum Focus Distance||45 cm|
|Maximum Reproduction Ratio||1:6.7|
|Optical Design||7 Elements in 6 Groups|
|Diaphragm Blades||8, Rounded|