An impressive ultra wide-angle prime, the EF 14mm f/2.8L II USM is a Canon L-series lens well-suited for landscape, nature, and interior photography applications. Its relatively bright f/2.8 maximum aperture is well-suited to working in difficult lighting conditions and also makes this lens an ideal choice for astrophotography. The optical design incorporates two aspherical elements and two ultra-low dispersion elements to control both spherical and chromatic aberrations in order to realize a high degree of sharpness, clarity, and color accuracy. A Super Spectra coating has also been applied to suppress flare and ghosting for increased contrast and color fidelity when working in backlit and harsh lighting conditions. A ring-type USM and internal focusing mechanism also afford quick, quiet, and accurate autofocus performance, as well as full-time manual focus override. Additionally, this lens is weather-sealed for use in trying climates.
- Ultra wide-angle 14mm prime is compatible with full-frame Canon EF-mount DSLRs, as well as APS-C-sized models where it will provide a 22.4mm equivalent focal length range.
- Bright f/2.8 maximum aperture benefits working in low-light conditions and suits astrophotography applications.
- Two ultra-low dispersion elements are used to minimize chromatic aberrations as well as eliminate color blurring around the edges of subjects.
- Two aspherical elements help to minimize distortions and spherical aberrations in order to maintain edge-to-edge sharpness and illumination.
- Super Spectra coating has been applied to individual elements to minimize ghosting and flare for greater contrast and color neutrality when working in strong lighting conditions.
- A ring-type Ultrasonic Motor (USM), along with an internal focusing system, is employed to deliver fast, precise, and quiet autofocus performance as well as full-time manual focus override.
- As a member of the esteemed L-series, this lens is sealed against dust and moisture for working in inclement environmental conditions.
- Built-in lens hood helps to block stray light and also protects the bulbous front element.
- Lens's design accepts rear insert-type gelatin filters, which are cut-to-size and inserted behind the rear lens element.
- MPN - EF1428LII
- GTIN - 4960999450070
Comparable APS-C 1.6x Focal Length: 22.4 mm
|Lens type||Prime lens|
|Aperture Range||Maximum: f/2.8 |
|Max Format size||35mm Full Frame|
|Camera Mount||Canon EF|
|Lens Format||35mm Film / Full-Frame Digital Sensor Canon (APS-C)|
|Lens mount||Canon EF|
|Minimum Focusing Distance||7.9“ (20.07 cm)|
|Angle Of View||114|
|Special Elements/Coatings||Aspherical & UD elements|
|Dimensions (DxL)||Approx. 3.1 x 3.7“ (7.87 x 9.40 cm)|
|Filter Thread Size||Gel filter holder at rear of lens|
|Dimensions(DxL)||80 x 94 mm|
|Aperture||Maximum: f/2.8 |
|Camera Mount Type||Canon EF|
|Format Compatibility||35mm Film / Full-Frame Digital Sensor|
|Angle of View||114|
|Minimum Focus Distance||20 cm|
|Maximum Reproduction Ratio||1:6.6|
|Optical Design||14 Elements in 11 Groups|
|Diaphragm Blades||6, Rounded|
Canon EF 14mm f/2.8L II USM Camera Lens
- Canon EF 14mm f/2.8L II USM Camera Lens x 1
- Lens Cap for EF 14mm f/2.8L II x 1
- Lens Dust Cap E (Rear) x 1
- LP1016 Soft Lens Case x 1