Developed for aerial photography applications, the black ultra-light version of the Laowa 7.5mm f/2 MFT is a super wide rectilinear lens for Micro Four Thirds Cameras. Compared to the standard version of this lens, this reduced-weight edition is 20g lighter, making it well-suited for use with drones and gimbals. Aside from its lightweight design, the wide focal length and bright f/2 maximum aperture are also ideal for astrophotography applications, and its optical design incorporates two aspherical elements and three extra-low dispersion elements to control distortion and aberrations for improved clarity and sharpness. A Frog Eye Coating has also been applied to the front element to guard against water and dust, and the lens's manual focus design permits working with subjects as close 4.7" away.
- Ultra wide-angle prime is designed for Micro Four Thirds mirrorless cameras and provides a 15mm equivalent focal length.
- This lightweight version of the lens weighs 20g less than the standard version, making it better suited for aerial/drone photography. It shares the same optical design and metallic build quality, however some of the parts have been redesigned and replaced in order to reduce the overall weight.
- Bright f/2 maximum aperture benefits working in dark and difficult lighting conditions.
- Rectilinear design renders scenes with straight vertical lines and minimal distortion for a more realistic portrayal.
- Two aspherical elements and three extra-low dispersion elements are featured to minimize spherical and chromatic aberrations for sharper, clearer, and more color-accurate imagery.
- Frog Eye Coating has been applied to the front element to help repel water and dust.
- Manual focus design permits working with subjects as close as 4.7" away.
- Accepts 46mm screw-in filters and a petal-shaped lens hood is also included.
- MPN - VEN7520MFTLWBLK
- GTIN - N/A
|Minimum Focusing Distance||12 cm|
|Diameter x Length||50 x 55 mm|
|Angle of view||110|
|Focal length||7.5mm |
Comparable 35mm Focal Length: 15 mm
|Filter Thread||Front: 46 mm|
|Optical Design||13 Elements in 9 Groups|