The Canon RF 50mm f/1.2L USM Lens
Fast, and with a bright f/1.2L maximum aperture, the Canon RF 50mm Lens is notable for its being a versatile normal length prime that can handle anything. The quick aperture design permits work in difficult lighting conditions and facilitates those looking to produce shallow depths of field and utilise selective focus techniques.
The fit out of this lens from Canon incorporates an ultra-low dispersion lens element and also an aspherical lens element, mitigating the potential for chromatic and spherical aberrations in even the most challenging photographic settings. The sharpness and clarity of photos taken with the Canon RF 50mm is startling and backed with an Ultrasonic motor that delivers near silent autofocus.
Paired off with a full-time manual override that enables a great depth of control over the rounded 10-blade diaphragm, users will love the bokeh quality that the Canon RF 50mm is capable of producing. The apt ring-type Ultrasonic Motor is made easy to use in conjunction with a Control Ring integrated into the design for smooth interactions with the exposure settings.
The Canon RF 50mm – A normal length lens for mirrorless digital cameras
- The Canon RF 50mm is a normal length prime that is purpose designed for RF-mountable mirrorless digital cameras.
- The super bright f/1.2 maximum aperture of this lens makes it possible for users to explore broad depths of field and selective focus techniques.
- An aspherical element corrects for spherical aberrations and distortion.
- An Ultra-Low Dispersion element prevents colour fringing and permits an excellent level of colour fidelity.
- The Ring-type Ultrasonic Motor features optimised autofocus algorithms powered by a high-speed CPU.
- A full-time manual override lets users take the focus of their photos into their own hands quickly when they need to.
- The Configurable Control Ring permits close control over the range of exposure settings, exposure compensation, ISO and aperture.
- The ten-blade rounded diaphragm of the Canon RF 50mm f/1.2L permits the capture of beautifully smooth bokeh qualities.
Buy the Canon RF 50mm f/1.2L with digiDirect
The Canon RF 50mm f/1.2L is an impressive entrant to the normal length prime market from the highly regarded L-series of lenses from Canon. The sleek but durable design of this weather, dust and moisture resistant lens is a great addition to any photographer’s gear bag. If you’re looking to perhaps get into more strictly close up and macro photography, maybe have a look at the Canon EF-S 35mm f/2.8 Macro IS STM Lens.
At digiDirect, we pride ourselves on our product knowledge, and the lengths we’ll go to find our customers the gear that is right for them. Shop online or in-store with us today!
- MPN - 2959C003AA
- GTIN - 4549292115581
|Optical Design||15 Elements in 9 Groups|
|Maximum Reproduction Ratio||1:5.25|
|Format Compatibility||35mm Film / Full-Frame Digital Sensor|
|Dimensions||89.8 x 108 mm|
|Camera Mount Type||Canon RF|
|Diaphragm Blades||10, Rounded|
|Focal length||50 mm|
|Angle of view||46|
|Filter size||Front: 77 mm|
|Minimum Focusing Distance||40 cm|